variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You have to be purposefully missing the point.

I'm advocating for liberty. Parents should have the right to decide on vaccinations, not the state. You claim the state should force it because it would result in lower risk, yet when abortion is the topic you claim the woman's body is sacrosanct. (My position holds that the fetus is a person and deserves the same liberty as the woman - before you go accusing me of hypocrisy.)

Actually no, I advocated a scheduled vaccination with an option to opt out.

You are advocateing that children have the right to choose their vaccination schedule. Which is rediculous.

They all constiute a non-consentual injection as per your examples.

And no, the pro choice position dosen't cover childrens rights to choose their vaccinations. ;) That is just your rather poor logic.

Why is the child's body not sacrosanct? We can abuse it for the greater good? Even for a presumed greater good in the face of evidence that the benefits do not outweigh the risks and the protection wears off in a mere 5 years?

Vaccination is an abuse now? :D

You are advocateing logically that ALL vaccinations are child abuse. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The point is that this thread is about eradicating a preventable disease.

Vaccines are the only treatment available that has ever done it. ;)

(To correct my own point antibiotics have done so too)

Your ilk was argueing that children should choose their vaccination shcedule.

So, where do we draw the line, which vaccinations are a breach of a childs personal liberty?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SonOfTheWest

Britpack
Sep 26, 2010
United Kingdom
✟9,861.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour

So, where do we draw the line, which vaccinations are a breach of a childs personal liberty?

I would sincerely hope that certain elements of America understand that the idea of "All government is bad...even when it's good." Is a cancerous one.

Reactions: variant
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
variant said:

(To correct my own point antibiotics have done so too)

Sorry, but behavior Also prevents it

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scientists studying HPV highly recommend a vaccine that strongly protects? Government conspiracy. "how dare you tell me what to do with my body."

A vaccine that apparently has a rate of serious complications similar to the disease it prevents. A disease that is completely preventable by changing behavior alone.

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
The problem is having mandatory vaccines, especially if said vaccine does have serious side effects. My fiance's father is a doctor and even he mentioned that vaccine was rushed and put into production without thorough testing. Enough said? ... Freedom of choice dwindles away as the koolaide drinkers indulge in the "plunders" of a bigger government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A vaccine that apparently has a rate of serious complications similar to the disease it prevents.
What is the rate of serious complications and what is the rate of the cervical cancer in women exposed to the virus? Anaphylaxic shock seems to be the most frequent serious side affect - it is easily treatable and non-recurring.

A disease that is completely preventable by changing behavior alone.
That is a bogus argument as has been shown.

All communicable diseases are preventable by changing behavior - have no contact with people or other living things and you, too, will be safe - but that's unreasonable.

Upvote 0

LogosRhema

Awake
Oct 22, 2007
Fort Wayne
✟10,022.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
DaisyDay said:
What is the rate of serious complications and what is the rate of the cervical cancer in women exposed to the virus? Anaphylaxic shock seems to be the most frequent serious side affect - it is easily treatable and non-recurring.

That is a bogus argument as has been shown.

All communicable diseases are preventable by changing behavior - have no contact with people or other living things and you, too, will be safe - but that's unreasonable.

Bogus? So a female remaining celibate isn't enough? Or perhaps safer sex practices? Give me a break... Your itchy ears to bash bachmann are a nuisance. There is a legitimate concern before Bachmann ever took her stance. My fiance was going on about a year ago before this ever came to fruition last week.

Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Parents should have the right to decide on vaccinations, not the state.

You are advocateing that children have the right to choose their vaccination schedule. Which is rediculous.

Where's that facepalm smiley?

A mandatory vaccine with a religious exemption is basically a mandatory vaccine. Most parents don't know how to take the exemption, most school boards don't want to accept the exemption, and if you do want the measles shot, the tetanus shot, and the HiB shot but don't want gardisil then you have a very tough time explaining why you didn't reject some shots but are rejecting this particular one on religious grounds.

The only option is to offer it the same way the flu shot is offered. Which is what Bachmann said. And Perry tried to make it mandatory with a religious exemption. In other words; mandatory for all.

Vaccination is an abuse now? :D

You are advocateing logically that ALL vaccinations are child abuse. ;)

Hardly, but some are.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A mandatory vaccine with a religious exemption is basically a mandatory vaccine. Most parents don't know how to take the exemption, most school boards don't want to accept the exemption, and if you do want the measles shot, the tetanus shot, and the HiB shot but don't want gardisil then you have a very tough time explaining why you didn't reject some shots but are rejecting this particular one on religious grounds.
Yeah, saying your religious beliefs require that your daughter be vulnerable to a cancer causing STD probably wouldn't go over very well.

The only option is to offer it the same way the flu shot is offered. Which is what Bachmann said.
If she had stopped at that, she wouldn't have gotten any flack, but no, she went on to claim that the vaccine causes mental retardation.

And Perry tried to make it mandatory with a religious exemption. In other words; mandatory for all.
If you define "all" as girls under a certain age. There are legitimate arguments against what he did, which several other candidates made - that it causes mental retardation is not a legitimate argument.

Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If she had stopped at that, she wouldn't have gotten any flack, but no, she went on to claim that the vaccine causes mental retardation.

If you define "all" as girls under a certain age. There are legitimate arguments against what he did, which several other candidates made - that it causes mental retardation is not a legitimate argument.

Search Results from the VAERS Database

421 disabled. I don't know if mental retardation is in there or not, but it's not inconceivable given that there is viral dna attached to the aluminum.

Upvote 0