Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For it is written: “ As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” GOD Bless You
Still not sure what you're getting at.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Turns out - there was a lot more voting on Nov 6 than on Aug 2. When people take action they also take responsibility
I believe you meant Nov 8 and billions more didn't have an opportunity to vote that day than did. I'm sorry, what is so special about the United States to God that he'd set up a sign thousands of years ago, and not provide it for the rest of the world? If he set it up for a small number (in percentage) of the souls on Earth, why wouldn't he set it up for the first election -- even is a slightly smaller percentage of souls?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, what is so special about the United States to God that he'd set up a sign thousands of years ago, and not provide it for the rest of the world?

1. That "sign" was a warning sign.

2. If you look at Rev 12 and 13 you will see the Bible predicts that after Christ was taken up to heaven - there would be 1260 years of dark ages persecution of saints that ends around 1798. Then in Rev 13 the Bible describes the rise of a world super power very near the end of Earth's history. IT is said to be "like a lamb" (like Christ) in many respects in terms of the way it comes up.

3. Freedom of religion - religious liberty has been one of the cornerstones of American government for many decades. And America has had a very large impact in sending out Christian missionaries, who then were active in setting up schools and hospitals around the world - etc.

Just "more details to be ignored" for some folks but many millions of others are taking notice.

There is an interesting youtube channel called "Inside Russia" where a guy who is very much pro-russia (until events this year) talks about how America has the best model for government and no nation beats it's template for how to govern. That is anecdotal but my point is that this specific feature is not something that only an American would "notice".

In Genesis 15 we see the principle of "probationary time" given to each nation.

Gen 15:13 God said to Abram, “Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years. 14 But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with many possessions. 15 As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age. 16 Then in the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorite is not yet complete.”

Abraham had left Ur of the Chaldees but could not take possession of any land in Canaan because the probationary time given to the Amorites was not yet complete. (contrary to the view that God simply zaaaps people the moment they step out of line)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just "more details to be ignored" for some folks but many millions of others are taking notice.
Millions of others that can be found where? I am not finding mention of this "abortion moon" in enough places to say it's something millions of people agree upon.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

2. If you look at Rev 12 and 13 you will see the Bible predicts that after Christ was taken up to heaven - there would be 1260 years of dark ages persecution of saints that ends around 1798. Then in Rev 13 the Bible describes the rise of a world super power very near the end of Earth's history. IT is said to be "like a lamb" (like Christ) in many respects in terms of the way it comes up.

3. Freedom of religion - religious liberty has been one of the cornerstones of American government for many decades. And America has had a very large impact in sending out Christian missionaries, who then were active in setting up schools and hospitals around the world - etc.

Millions of others that can be found where? I am not finding mention of this "abortion moon" in enough places to say it's something millions of people agree upon.
It may look that way if you skim over enough details in the post of mine above that you are referencing - but if you pay attention to them I gave 3 specific details .

1. The idea that the sun and moon are given for signs when they were created at set in motion (Gen 1:14) and that one of the precise forms of those signs mentioned in the Bible is "the moon turning to the color of blood" Luke 21:25

2. That Rev 12 and 13 include "details" predicting that America would be the world super power as it is today.

3. That America would have two horns - as "lamb-like" features (Christ - like) when it was created/raised to power.

These are views that me and about 22 million of my friends hold - as well as others.

So in the context of those general principles "I noticed" the event on Nov 8 as something that is good not to ignore.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
These are views that me and about 22 million of my friends hold - as well as others.
22 million? How did you come up with that number?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@essentialsaltes still coming up blank on any other SDA referencing this "baby's blood moon" much less 22 million of them agreeing that it's a thing. Bit presumptuous to speak for 22 million people.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
@essentialsaltes still coming up blank on any other SDA referencing this "baby's blood moon" much less 22 million of them agreeing that it's a thing. Bit presumptuous to speak for 22 million people.
You're right, I expect this particular 'sign and wonder' is not widespread in SDA, but this kind of stuff does seem to be their jam.

You'd think a denomination that emerged from the Great Disappointment would give up making pronouncements of any sort, but hope springs eternal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And here I thought divination was anathema to Christianity.

Signs and portents, divinations, reading of entrails, prophesy, whatever.... I am failing to see the difference or distinction.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,231.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
...humans have attributed natural events to their own beliefs since the very beginning.....
I showed this thread to two of my more reasonable Christian friends. They emphatically informed me that not all Christians see signs in naturally occurring events.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I showed this thread to two of my more reasonable Christian friends. They emphatically informed me that not all Christians see signs in naturally occurring events.
True .. but then
1. Never occurred before in all of U.S. history "events" are a different matter
2. Could never occur again for at least another 300 + years "are a different matter"

By "skimming past enough details" any unusual event can be made to look 'normal'.

1. animals "migrating to the Ark" just before the flood
2. Two angelic visitors to Sodom and Gomorrah the "night before"
3. A star that appears to the Wise men in the East before Christ's birth
4. The sun does not give its light, the moon turns to blood in Matt 24

sooo many details to be ignored and the result is "nothing to see here... move along... all is normal... go back to sleep"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Signs and portents, divinations, reading of entrails, prophesy, whatever.... I am failing to see the difference or distinction.
Ignore enough details in the posts and it can begin to look "the same" as whatever you wish - of course.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@essentialsaltes still coming up blank on any other SDA referencing this "baby's blood moon"

Take a look at 'the details' in that post to see the connection --

====================== So the question I was responding to was:

I'm sorry, what is so special about the United States to God that he'd set up a sign thousands of years ago, and not provide it for the rest of the world?

====================== And the answer was:

There is an interesting youtube channel called "Inside Russia" where a guy who is very much pro-russia (until events this year) talks about how America has the best model for government and no nation beats it's template for how to govern. That is anecdotal but my point is that this specific feature is not something that only an American would "notice".

In Genesis 15 we see the principle of "probationary time" given to each nation.

Gen 15:13 God said to Abram, “Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years. 14 But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with many possessions. 15 As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age. 16 Then in the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorite is not yet complete.”

Abraham had left Ur of the Chaldees but could not take possession of any land in Canaan because the probationary time given to the Amorites was not yet complete. (contrary to the view that God simply zaaaps people the moment they step out of line)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We have yearly reporting
So far I have come up with one SDA pushing this theory, the one who posted this thread. Going to need a bit more to establish that every last member of the group is behind this idea.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So far I have come up with one SDA pushing this theory, the one who posted this thread. Going to need a bit more to establish that every last member of the group is behind this idea.

====================== So the question I was responding to was:

Since that is the question -- and not "how many people discuss this same sign" --

My question for DT is -- Are you snip-slicing and dicing contexts???

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Since that is the question -- and not "how many people discuss this same sign"
Near as I can tell that number is limited to the people participating in this thread, a number several orders of magnitude less than 22 million .

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Near as I can tell that number is limited to the people participating in this thread, a number several orders of magnitude less than 22 million .
For the "And NOT" part of that statement??

Upvote 0