Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mystery, Babylon the Great is an inscription on the great harlot's head.

"666" will be imprinted on people's foreheads that worship the beast and his image.

What those two things, the harlot and the 666ers, have in common is that both are influenced by the principality of Satan.

The great harlot will be destroyed by the ten kings. Jerusalem, on the other hand, will be rescued by Jesus in Zechariah 14, and will be the city of the Great King during the millennium.

The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel. And the woman as it says will be protected by God, supernaturally, as the earth swallows up the flood as Satan, when he is cast down, tries to destroy her during the time, times, half times (a little less than the 42 months in Revelation 13).

So Jerusalem and Israel are neither the great harlot, nor Mystery, Babylon the Great.

Mystery, Babylon the Great, is the principality of Satan, is a mystical city - not a regular city in the sense of being Rome, or Jerusalem, or New York - that has influence over the affairs of men.

I might add - the great harlot is the Vatican.

The great harlot herself, though, is not Mystery, Babylon the Great.

Mystery, Babylon the Great, is the principality of Satan, a mystical city - which spreads wickedness throughout the world.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Doas72158290 said:
Mystery, Babylon the Great is an inscription on the great harlot's head.

"666" will be imprinted on people's foreheads that worship the beast and his image.

What those two things, the harlot and the 666ers, have in common is that both are influenced by the principality of Satan.

The great harlot will be destroyed by the ten kings. Jerusalem, on the other hand, will be rescued by Jesus in Zechariah 14, and will be the city of the Great King during the millennium.

The woman in Revelation 12 is Israel. And the woman as it says will be protected by God, supernaturally, as the earth swallows up the flood as Satan, when he is cast down, tries to destroy her during the time, times, half times (a little less than the 42 months in Revelation 13).

So Jerusalem and Israel are neither the great harlot, nor Mystery, Babylon the Great.

Mystery, Babylon the Great, is the principality of Satan, is a mystical city - not a regular city in the sense of being Rome, or Jerusalem, or New York - that has influence over the affairs of men.
No such thing as a 1000 year kingdom upon this earth found in the scripture.

Jesus will return in fire and judgment, dissolving this earth by fire. 2 Peter 3:10-13, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Malachi 3:2, Nahum 1:5, Isaiah 24:20, 1 Corinthians 3:13

Jesus will return with the angels "immediately after the future tribulation" Matthew 24:29-31

When Jesus Returns, The final judgment, eternal life, eternal kingdom, takes place

Matthew 25:31-46

Verses 31-32 Jesus returns, the nations are gathered before the throne for judgment.

Verse 34 The eternal kingdom is presented to the righteous.

Verse 41 The wicked are judged to the lake of fire.

Verse 46 The righteous obtain eternal life, and enter the eternal kingdom in verse 34

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus will return in fire and judgment, dissolving this earth by fire. 2 Peter 3:10-13, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Malachi 3:2, Nahum 1:5, Isaiah 24:20, 1 Corinthians 3:13
During the Day of the Lord - the earth will be destroyed with fervent heat. The Day of the Lord begins when the Antichrist, King of Israel at the time, approximately 3 years 3 months into the 7 years, without warning goes into the temple, sits, claims to be God.

The Day of the Lord continues right through to the end of the thousand years in Revelation 20.

The Day of the Lord is more than those 3 years 9 months between the transgression of desolation and Jesus's return.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
it is that whole universal system that we call "the world", with its temptations and enticements that draw people away from Christ and which is at the heart of persecution against Christian believers. John Bunyan calls it "the city of destruction". We are in the world but not of it. We are strangers and pilgrims in a world that is hostile to Christian faith. Satan is the god of this world. He rules over the world. That is why he could offer Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if He would bow down to him. John Bunyan also refers to a place called "Vanity Fair" which one of the pilgrims called Faithful was martyred (I think it was Faithful). The bloodied pilgrim holding his sword was called Valiant for Truth and who fought against the systems of the world. John says that the world's merchants will weep at the destruction of the city. This is because our world's politics and social systems are built on big business. Most politicians are millionaire businessmen and politics in most countries is influenced by big businesses. When the city is destroyed, that whole business political structure is gone with it and these businessmen and politicians lose their power. No wonder they weep!

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it is that whole universal system that we call "the world", with its temptations and enticements that draw people away from Christ and which is at the heart of persecution against Christian believers. John Bunyan calls it "the city of destruction". We are in the world but not of it. We are strangers and pilgrims in a world that is hostile to Christian faith. Satan is the god of this world. He rules over the world. That is why he could offer Jesus all the kingdoms of the world if He would bow down to him. John Bunyan also refers to a place called "Vanity Fair" which one of the pilgrims called Faithful was martyred (I think it was Faithful). The bloodied pilgrim holding his sword was called Valiant for Truth and who fought against the systems of the world. John says that the world's merchants will weep at the destruction of the city. This is because our world's politics and social systems are built on big business. Most politicians are millionaire businessmen and politics in most countries is influenced by big businesses. When the city is destroyed, that whole business political structure is gone with it and these businessmen and politicians lose their power. No wonder they weep!
I disagree, there will be a future human man (Antichrist) who will proclaim to be God, and will be worshipped as God.

Your world economic/political system does not fit the ticket of the Antichrist/Beast, False Prophet, future literal human men.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I disagree, there will be a future human man (Antichrist) who will proclaim to be God, and will be worshipped as God.

Your world economic/political system does not fit the ticket of the Antichrist/Beast, False Prophet, future literal human men.
I don't take the book of Revelation literally. It is an apocalyptic book full of metaphor and symbolism. The Antichrist is with us today and the components of the world are the peoples' gods.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Oscarr, I think it could be summed up what the mystical city of Satan, Babylon the Great, spreads is wickedness.

I think back to the vision in Zechariah 5, the woman put in the container and taken to land of Shinar - to me, a referral to Babylon. The woman personifies "wickedness". Zechariah 5:8

6 And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth.

The world's economic system will probably collapse during when the person enters the role of being the beast that last 42 months. And "666" will be the requirement for buying and selling. While the collapse of the world's financial system will be literal, some of the language that describes that collapse in Revelation 18 is figurative and indicative.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't take the book of Revelation literally. It is an apocalyptic book full of metaphor and symbolism. The Antichrist is with us today and the components of the world are the peoples' gods.
I agree there is much symbolism in Revelation.

However the book clearly shows the Beast/false prophet being literal men as I see it.

I see literal prophets returned and plagues in Revelation 11:1-15

A remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh.

I see a literal future battle of Armageddon in Revelation 20:7-9

I see this earth being destroyed by fire Revelation 20:9, 2 Peter 3:10-13

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟827,033.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Does Babylon not represent Global Commerce and the worship (of such a system) and the worship of self through success and entrepreneurialism?
I'm pretty sure that it is something like that. Commerce affects everything we do, and it also has a major influence in our political systems. Most politicians, including presidents and prime ministers were wealthy businessmen before entering politics. A person cannot be a political candidate without having a lot of money in the bank. Policy for most countries is made by wealthy people who may or may not have any insight or regard for the poor of our society. When Babylon burns, all our corporate and political structures will collapse, leaving politicians and businessmen weeping.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When Babylon burns, all our corporate and political structures will collapse, leaving politicians and businessmen weeping.

Right I'm thinking the increased globalization and interbreeding of commerce and geopolitics is inevitably going to collapse under its own weight.

I forget where it says in the Bible the merchants and kings of the earth mourn over Babylon the Great. So I'm anticipating sometime in the future the system will collapse in a way that will leave it unsalvagable. It could be in the future that everything is even more dependent on electronics and such like and then a terrorist or the hand of God or solar flare or what-have-you, next generation EMPs, something will happen to completely obliterate the system. Monetary system is over 90% digitized anyway.

Better stock up on chicken noodle soup

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure that it is something like that. Commerce affects everything we do, and it also has a major influence in our political systems. Most politicians, including presidents and prime ministers were wealthy businessmen before entering politics. A person cannot be a political candidate without having a lot of money in the bank. Policy for most countries is made by wealthy people who may or may not have any insight or regard for the poor of our society. When Babylon burns, all our corporate and political structures will collapse, leaving politicians and businessmen weeping.
When 2 Peter 3:10-13 takes place at the second coming of Jesus Christ, you wont have to worry about this world or its political systems.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right I'm thinking the increased globalization and interbreeding of commerce and geopolitics is inevitably going to collapse under its own weight.

I forget where it says in the Bible the merchants and kings of the earth mourn over Babylon the Great. So I'm anticipating sometime in the future the system will collapse in a way that will leave it unsalvagable. It could be in the future that everything is even more dependent on electronics and such like and then a terrorist or the hand of God or solar flare or what-have-you, next generation EMPs, something will happen to completely obliterate the system. Monetary system is over 90% digitized anyway.

I dont think so, sounds like the millennium scare 18 years ago.

Fear and propaganda.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Babylon has fallen, has fallen - Revelation 18:2 When the principality of Satan, in high places, a mystical city is cast down from heaven (the second heaven) to earth for the time, times, half times second half of the seven years.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

.....by the wickedness that mystery, Babylon the great has spread. A lot of the rest of Revelation 18 is figurative and indicative language that describes the collapse of the world's financial system at that time.

Since for most of the first half of the seven years - the Jews and the world will be saying peace and safety, as it says in 1Thessalonians5. Deceived by thinking the Antichrist is the true messiah, King of Israel, and that they have entered the messianic age of peace and safety....

It is therefore, unlikely, that the global financial system will not completely collapse - until after the Antichrist reveals himself to be the man of sin, and subsequently shortly thereafter becomes the beast, for the second half of the seven years.

Taking the 666, the 666ers will buy and sell accordingly. The 666 representing the name of the beast.

On a related note - which, therefore, the beast's name could be "Adonikam" meaning my risen Lord or the Lord has risen up (noting that the person who becomes the beast will be killed, but comes back to life - i.e. risen Lord to them who take the 666 or mark).

Adonikam's descendants coming out of Babylon were 666, may be an indicator, .... in similitude to when
in Zechariah 6:12, of Joshua - his name being the name of the "Branch" - a foretelling of Jesus.

The name "Jesus" being the greek form of the hebrew "Joshua".

We don't know for certain the person's name at the time he becomes the beast, or before then, is Adonikam. It is a theory. Something to watch for when the little horn person emerges in Europe.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no seven year tribulation period in the Bible.

BAB2, do we have to take the thread off on that tangent? It is not seven years of tribulation. It is the seven years of Daniel 9:27. Why not start a new thread?

Annotate your post and say see my thread - such and such - whatever the title you choose. And everyone can discuss it there.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A lot of the rest of Revelation 18 is figurative and indicative language that describes the collapse of the world's financial system at that time.

Thank you Douggg. I trust your judgement when it comes to Eschatology.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
On a related note - which, therefore, the beast's name could be "Adonikam" meaning my risen Lord or the Lord has risen up (noting that the person who becomes the beast will be killed, but comes back to life - i.e. risen Lord to them who take the 666 or mark).

IIRC it could be that this person is wounded in his left eye and left arm, dealing a fatal blow that kills him before he rises again. It might be from a sword.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
IIRC it could be that this person is wounded in his left eye and left arm, dealing a fatal blow that kills him before he rises again. It might be from a sword.
Because there are passages along those lines it could be a possibility.

Upvote 0