Australia
✟49,719.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
For those that wear their LO's during the day, does it effect their night time sleep??

I'm just concerned that him sleeping so much in the sling will mean he sleeps less at night...

I have yet to master the art of nursing laying down, getting the attachment right so that it doesn't hurt...so we don't co-sleep all night, just if he wakes at around 5-6am.

The sling would come in handy as he loves cuddles :) and I can only justify sitting on my bum all day with him on my lap for so long before hubby starts to wonder why there are no clean clothes or food... :)

Hadassah

May 22, 2006
Germany
✟15,060.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I babywear mostly when we are out, or if I am too tired to hold him with both hands at home. Generally speaking it doesn't disrupt his night-time sleep, but it really just depends. Once in a blue moon it will, if I time my outings at the wrong time or am out for longer than 2 or 3 hours.

We've been fully co-sleeping for the last week and a half due to his teething and apparent nightmares. When baby wakes up crying, it makes it lots easier to help each other in half-sleep to get the job done. I've lost track of how many times he's nursed since 1am this morning ^_^

He goes down about the same times every day, unless he wakes up really early and doesn't go back to sleep (5 or 6am being really early).

If he gets up around 6:30 as usual, he's down for a nap around 9-10, down again around 12-1 and around 4... then he naps around 7 for a bit and is down for the count somewhere around 9.

He's actually started ''requesting'' (fussing) to face forward which means that he's actually watching what is going on and less sleep is going on in the sling. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
A

angelsgirl

Called2Grace, I found I had a baby who didn't like to sleep AT ALL during the day. So the sling was a life saver for me. If she didn't sleep during the day... all hell broke loose at night from being over tired etc etc. So it was awesome...
Once I started wearing Maddie I found that she was sleeping betterduring the day, and then at night she would settle easier.
She grew out of it though, i rarely wear her at home during the day now... She likes to sleep in her cot now.

Upvote 0