Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How would you recommend the administration to address this?
See below Hazelponi’s post sounds good to me. Agree the CDC give a public address.
Interestingly I did see an article that said relactation is possible I didn’t know that

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What do we do? Call out the National Guard to go make baby formula?

Trump invoked the Defense Production Act to have manufactures like Ford, to build ventilators and masks. Didn't need the National Guard to make it happen.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump invoked the Defense Production Act to have manufactures like Ford, to build ventilators and masks. Didn't need the National Guard to make it happen.

Yes, but suppliers have said they are running at maximum capacity with their current work force. The other issue I am reading about is that trade agreements and FDA regs prohibit some formula import. It seems to me the choices are (a) build more U.S. formula manufacturing plants - not a quick fix, (b) send more government staff to fill shifts to increase production in current plants, (c) ease FDA and import regulations, (d) wait for supply to catch up for demand.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but suppliers have said they are running at maximum capacity with their current work force. The other issue I am reading about is that trade agreements and FDA regs prohibit some formula import. It seems to me the choices are (a) build more U.S. formula manufacturing plants - not a quick fix, (b) send more government staff to fill shifts to increase production in current plants, (c) ease FDA and import regulations, (d) wait for supply to catch up for demand.

Just on the news. One of the companies shut down an entire plant after the
recall and are waiting for the FDA to inspect it so it can reopen. However, head of the FDA said it will take about six weeks to inspect.

If Trump were president, I believe he'd get this fixed ASAP and wouldn't just
looking for people to blame.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Latest irony of baby formula saga many illegal alien processing centers are extremely well stocked in formula and diapers, and are getting new shipments on top of the pallets of product they already got in storage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Make Wet Nurses Great Again.

I don't think there'd be enough wet nurses to meet the demand.

I don't see many pregnant women these days in my area.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,081.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I breastfed my babies and used cloth diapers. I was breasted too, so I don't know what was used before formula other than breast milk. Cow's milk is not good for human consumption at all.
Breast feeding isn't an option for everybody though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you watch the series, "Mad Men," which I know is fiction, but provides historical context,
when they go back to a time when the companies had a campaign in the 1950's convincing mothers that baby formula was far better than breast feeding. Many women decided to forego breast feeding and give their babies formula. After giving birth, mothers had to
take an OTC drug to help dry up the milk in their breast. It appears that trend continues today.

Upvote 0

Janet Thomas

Dec 12, 2022
Mason
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I breastfed my babies and used cloth diapers. I was breasted too, so I don't know what was used before formula other than breast milk. Cow's milk is not good for human consumption at all.
Unfortunately, not everyone has this opportunity.

Upvote 0