louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am not married but i really been craving a baby lately. i think they are so adorable and i feel ready to have a child... how did you know when you were ready and what does it feel like to be pregnant..lol i defintely have the baby fever during this time in my life...

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I kno how you feel but kids are alot of responsibility. So sometimes I feel it's better to imagine having them Then actually gave them lol....but me and my bf picked out names for the future...I always wonder how our kids will lol

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am a postpartum nurse. I do not think most women (or men) are prepared for how much babies cry...or how often. I have had dad's basically ask me what is wrong with their new baby because he cries so much, especially at night. Having a baby isn't something a person should do alone.

If you have the baby bug, offer to babysit for friends of yours...give them the gift of a weekend alone and you take the kid(s).

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I often have baby fever. Having a lot of babies was something I always wanted, but didn't get to have that life. Working in childcare and church nurseries or taking care of someone's baby usually helps.

When I was young I would read parenting magazines and books on pregnancy, childbirth, and baby care. I would spend time daydreaming of how I would do things and be so hopeful.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i am not married but i really been craving a baby lately. i think they are so adorable and i feel ready to have a child... how did you know when you were ready and what does it feel like to be pregnant..lol i defintely have the baby fever during this time in my life...

Perhaps be in a healthy and loving marriage first?

blackribbon raises valid and realistic points in post #3.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
How does it feel?
I have been pregnant twice. I am greatful because that state brought me my kids but although some people like being pregnant, others like me don't like it. I was so scent-sensitive that I often could not be in the same room as people I wanted to be around....including my husband. All I wanted to do was sleep during the second trimester with both of my children. I had a number of food restrictions. People want to touch your belly. It is uncomfortable to sleep. And it was hard to move (I coached gymnastic until my due date with my first child).

My sister-in-law loved being pregnant. She enjoyed the extra attention. She must not have felt sick because she chose to be pregnant 6 times.

Each woman is different. And each pregnancy is different. It isn't something that can easily be described...however, I prefer NOT being pregnant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

barefeetonholyground

CF member for 15 years!
Oct 26, 2003
Kitsap County, Washington
✟34,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As far as how it feels, there's a lot no one prepared me for.
I'm convinced that there are two types of women: those who don't particularly care for being pregnant and women who lie.
I was prepared for morning sickness but received very little of it (I think I only threw up about once a trimester and only felt nauseous when I didn't eat).
I also didn't have the food cravings I heard so much about.
I did get a lot of pain in my sciatic nerve, and a burning sensation in my skin as it started the stretching.
My hips also hurt a lot.
I also didn't handle the extreme hormones that came in the last month.
I'm not much of a road rager but I did follow a woman into a parking lot to scream at a woman for cutting me off once.
This second pregnancy is a bit easier for me in a lot of ways, oddly enough my symptoms are stronger with this one.
My right hip and left sciatic nerve are really getting to me already and I'm only at 15 1/2 weeks.
I've also gotten sick a bit more often this time around.
My nose is also super sensitive, and it drives my husband crazy when I complain about things like the Target parking smelling like corn husks or my fingers still smelling like the bleach cleaner I used three days ago.
The hormones were a lot worse, but the mood swings from that were likely exacerbated by the stress of being both pregnant and engaged.
I think I'm just enjoying the pregnancy a bit more because of my situation.
I have a lot more support and involvement from the father this time.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I never felt ready. Right up to the day I was induced!

What's it feel like to be pregnant? The first thing I noticed was the nausea... I got very depressed and anxious with my pregnancy. There were other contributing factors in the rest of my life, but I really didn't enjoy it.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sister-in-law loved being pregnant. She enjoyed the extra attention.

one of my sisters loved all the attention she received
when the attention shifted to baby, she took it very hard

• Agree
Reactions: blackribbon
Upvote 0