✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apollos1:
I am tired of reading your nonsensical responses. In the future I will treat your responses in the same maner that I treat yeshuasavedme's. I just pass over them.

The only way that I could embarrass myself would be by believing what you write. I would have to hang my head in shame.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dispy –

How did you type all of that nothing and still have time for a nap last weekend? It must be that you substantiate so little and make the rest up as you go along.

Last post I showed where….

PETER said – “THIS IS THAT… which was spoken by the prophet Joel – Acts 2:16.
Peter followed with – “…whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved…” Acts 2:21. (cf. Joel 2:32).

PAUL said – “For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek… Romans 10:12.
Paul follows with for “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be savedRomans 10:13.

Dispy cannot handle the Truth of the Word nor can he reply to it and so -he becomes silent, hidden, as his false MAD doctrine has no ability to be exposed to the True Light of God's Word.

Apollos, you do such a good job of showing the complete misrepresentation of MAD doctrine to Scripture. Thank you.

The only point I would differe with you about is that the Church itself, actually became empowered and glorified on Pentecost, but that when Jesus rose from the dead, He led "captivity captive" and built up Zion above with the POW's of the war against Adamkind begun in the garden, when Adam fell and we all died the first death of separation in Him, as his seed.

Those former POW's held in Sheol below were the same men who are now the residents of Zion above, the Church above, because they were "made perfect" =born again in Spirit, when Jesus rose, taking them from there to Zion above to dwell, where all the redeemed souls now go to join them, there, at death of the body to wait for the body of adoption at the resurrection/regeneration of them.

When He returned back to earth that evening after His resurrection and ascension, He breathed on the Apostles and said; "Receive ye the Holy Ghost" -of regeneration; which made them joined to His Spirit by that adoption, or regeneration.
But He commanded them to wait for the promise of the Father, in Jerusalem; which came, as promised, on Pentecost.

He did not receive the Promised Spirit of Glory as the Firstborn until Pentecost, which He then sent to His reborn in Spirit sons by adoption.
Otherwise: Good job!

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Last time Dispy wrote to me and said...

Apollos1:
I am tired of reading your nonsensical responses. In the future I will treat your responses in the same maner that I treat yeshuasavedme's. I just pass over them.

The only way that I could embarrass myself would be by believing what you write. I would have to hang my head in shame.

I must address that although it has been implied, I do not hate you or anyone else. I do "hate" your false theology as I do all false theologies because it places your eternal soul at risk!

My replies are not "nonsensical". I state quite plainly which verse or passage I am dealing with and straight-forwardly present my exegesis. Our discussions would have been more profitable for both of us had you been more forthright in your responses. Your tendency to "side-step" the points is abundantly obvious.

Having said this, I trust you will reconsider - as I have asked you to do before - in hopes that you will see the truth of God's word through the discussions we have.

I will have a few more points to make in response to things you have already said. If you decide to repsond, I will welcome you back with little else said in this regard.

Study to show yourself approved...

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Last time "Yes...dme" said -

Apollos, you do such a good job of showing the complete misrepresentation of MAD doctrine to Scripture. Thank you.

I appreciate this very much! I also appreciate what you have done to point out the error of MAD doctrine. I do what I can with the little amount of free time I have.

And I have noticed that you and I probably have a few disagreements of our own, but it has been more important to me to confront MAD doctrine for what it is and to concern myself there.

Hopefully you and I will soon get to discuss any differences we may have for the betterment of us both.

Upvote 0

kmolson

Jan 3, 2007
✟15,168.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Last time "Yes...dme" said -

I appreciate this very much! I also appreciate what you have done to point out the error of MAD doctrine. I do what I can with the little amount of free time I have.

And I have noticed that you and I probably have a few disagreements of our own, but it has been more important to me to confront MAD doctrine for what it is and to concern myself there.

Hopefully you and I will soon get to discuss any differences we may have for the betterment of us both.
Hi Apollos1

This is just a suggestion, but I think it would be a great idea if you would write up an abstract or summary of what you believe and share it with us so that we could critique it and discuss it, perhaps we would all benifit from it.
OK?---OK!

Ken.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even though replying to you is against my better judgment, I will make my final posting to you and let the other readers decide for themselves which one of us is taking scripture out of context. IMHO you interpretation of Acts 2;15-20 is so off the wall and out of context it makes me wonder if you might have a reading comprehension problem. You better heck it out.

Dispy –

How did you type all of that nothing and still have time for a nap last weekend? It must be that you substantiate so little and make the rest up as you go along.

Last post I showed where….

PETER said – “THIS IS THAT… which was spoken by the prophet Joel – Acts 2:16.
Peter followed with – “…whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved…” Acts 2:21. (cf. Joel 2:32).

PAUL said – “For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek… Romans 10:12.
Paul follows with for “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13.

Dispy replied -
(1) Peter is speaking to those to whom Jesus commanded them to go to in Matthew 10:5-6, and preaching what was required in verse 7. The nation of Israel was still not in a "set aside" condition.

(2)At the time Paul wrote 10 (approx. AD60), Israel, as a nation is in a set aside condition, and the Jews and Gentiles are on equal footing, without distinction and on equal footing.

(3)"Calling on lthe name of the Lord" was a requirement for every dispensation. Where that Lord was Jehovah God, or Jesus. - Elementary young man.

First, you have napped too long! Peter is addressing those that Jesus told to do something else in Matthew 28:18-20, AFTER Matthew 10, AFTER the cross, and AFTER He had been given ALL authority. You are only 18 chapters BEHIND – LOL ! (But you don’t recognize that passage do you!)
In Matthew 28 Jesus told the disciples to preach the GOSPEL to the entire WORLD!!! This would be funnier if it were not so serious! You need an update and less napping!

Second, you have failed to show what this “setting aside” theory is and prove it from the Bible, while failing also to show HOW Israel “as a nation” existed. We have had this “national” talk before and you have failed… well… miserably! Want to try again?

Third, you say this was “a requirement for every dispensation” ???
Those “…calling upon the name of the Lord shall be saved…” ??? This was??????
You can show this from the Bible ??? LOL!!!

Because Peter and Paul are speaking of Jesus Christ and JOEL was prophesying in reference to Jesus Christ – I DON”T THINK SO !!! I am certain that you will rush to prove how “every dispensation” called upon the authority of Jesus Christ for salvation – huh? Or, you will readily admit you took this out of context – right?

Peter tells us that… “THIS IS THAT” ! Not another time and not another place – it was THERE and it was NOW for them. What Joel prophesied hundreds of years prior was taking place AT THAT TIME – not in some other dispensation. (You don’t believe that!) Funny how truth changes the “elementary” things for those in error, huh?

Later, Paul comes along saying the same thing and quoting Joel also. AFTER the cross there were no differences in “calling upon the name of the Lord” for salvation. Jesus had ALL authority and He alone was the source of salvation for ALL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extract from my post #138

Apollos1
Second, the “tribulation” is no where in the context of this passage or in the quotation of Joel that Peter uses in Acts 2. Briefly,
Verse 16 – “THIS is THAT…” - spoken before by the prophet Joel.
What was taking place? The HS came to guide the Apostles into all truth, miraculous manifestations and miraculous revelations.

Dispy replies
Verse 16 THIS IS THAT WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY THE PROPHET JOEL If you read Joel 2:28-32 he is prophesying what Peter is saying. in verses 16-20.
-------------------------
Apollos1:
Verse 17 – “I will pour out my spirit…” Sounds like verses 1-4 to me.

Dispy replies:
Come on now, let us quote the entire verse. 17: "And it shall come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS (TRIBULATION/TIMES OF JACOB'S TROUBLES) I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh:..."

Peter is telling his listeners that the Tribulation was starting. The signs were beginning to appear. That is what Joel was prophsing. In Joel 2:28-32 Joel was speaking of the 70th week of Daniel 9, not Pentecost.
-------------------------------------
Apollos1:
Verses 17-18 tell us of methods of revelation of God’s word.

Dispy replies:
17: "And it come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS (TRIBULATION/TIMES OF JACOB'S TROUBLES) I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy;

HEY GUY, these signs were beginning to appear. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?

------------------------------------------
Apollos 1:
Verse 19-20 tells us of methods of confirmation of revelation. (cf. Heb. 2:3-4).

Dispy replies:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven absove, and signs in the earth below; blood, and fire and vapour of somke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood before that great and notable day of the Lord come.:

First of all, Heb. 2:3-4 is not speaking of the Tribulation as Peter is in Acts 2:19-20, The author is speaking of the earthly ministry of Christ.

Peter in verses 19-20 is still quoting Joes concerning the Tribulation. However, the Tribulation had not yet progressed to that point - THANK GOD. It was his listeners still had to look forward to.
Apollos1
Verse 21 – Whosoever (Jew or Gentile) “shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” THIS is THAT ! Salvation – calling on the name of the Lord! Never before seen – NEW! …end of Joel’s words.

Dispy replies:
Peter is still quoting Joel, and Joel never heard of the name Jesus. Yes, both Joel and Peter are speaking of salvation.

Your THIS is THAT is speaking of what was happening at Pentecost, the beginning of the Tribulation.
-------------------------------

Good-bye Apollos1

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Dispy –

Welcome back, even if for s short engagement…

Dispy snipped - Even though replying to you is against my better judgment…

Better judgment you say ?

Dispy insulted – “…[your interpretation] makes me wonder if you might have a reading comprehension problem. You better heck it out.

I believe I will… right after I correct your error below. LOL!

Dispy offers:
Come on now, let us quote the entire verse. 17: "And it shall come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS (TRIBULATION/TIMES OF JACOB'S TROUBLES) I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh:..."
Peter is telling his listeners that the Tribulation was starting. The signs were beginning to appear. That is what Joel was prophsing. In Joel 2:28-32 Joel was speaking of the 70th week of Daniel 9, not Pentecost.

Really? Cross your heart and hope to die?
Dispy, you have once again BEGGED THE QUESTION!

PROVE that Joel is speaking of the 70th week of Daniel 9.
PROVE Peter is speaking of “Times of Jacob’s trouble”. Anyone can claim what they think. PROVE it – make the connections and show references.
-------------------------------------
Dispy screams: HEY GUY, these signs were beginning to appear. CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?

As I said, these were methods of revelation, and yes they were coming to past. I can see that you INTERJECT a parenthetical remark of your own right into the passage like it is divine writ!!! SO WHAT??? Prove it!
------------------------------------------
Dispy says - First of all, Heb. 2:3-4 is not speaking of the Tribulation as Peter is in Acts 2:19-20, The author is speaking of the earthly ministry of Christ.

I used Hebrews 2 to illustrate that the miraculous was used to CONFIRM THE WORD. You missed the point! The order was METHODS of REVELATION followed by METHODS of CONFIRMATION in Acts 2:16-21.

Funny, you never said a word about VERSE 21 directly -
“WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.”

I know why – you got “beat up” pretty bad on that one!

I GUESS IF YOU GET CAUGHT WITH YOUR THEOLOGICAL PANTS DOWN –
you just gotta enjoy the BREEZE !!! LOL!
Dispy replies:Your THIS is THAT is speaking of what was happening at Pentecost, the beginning of the Tribulation.

You keep screaming and begging the question, but you ain’t PROVING !!!
When can I expect that?

I will continue next week.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It appears that some people just continue to show their inability to interpret Scripture. They will just use a couple of a Biblical verse, use it out of context, and make it their doctrine. An example would be like jus using "This is that," to mean what the rest of the verse doesn't say. Also, they use their commentary for proof, more then the Biblical proof.

When one reads Joel chapters 1 & 2:1-17, one finds Joel speaking of "the last days." In 2:18 - the end of the book (chapter 3), we find the restoration of Israel, and the judgment of the Gentiles after Armageddon. Israel will not be restored until the end of the Tribulation.

Peter in Acts 15-21 is quoting Joel 2:28-32; which will be the fulfillment at the end of the Tribulation.

The beginning signs of the Tribulation were appearing at Pentecost (Acts 2:17-18 - Joel 2:28 -29). However Acts 2:19-20 & Joel 2:30 - 32 will be fulilled prior to the Lord's return.

The reason that Acts 2:19-20 & Joel 2:30-32 have not been fulfilled is because God interrupted the prophetic program pertaining to Israel, set Israel aside (temporarily blinded), raised up Saul/Paul to usher in this unprophesied dispensation of Grace. The prophetic atimeclock pertaing to Israel, and the Tribulation will resume after the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ.

Since the fall of man, anyone that "called upon the name of the Lord" (whether it be Jahovah God, or the God of Israel) was provided a means by which one could be saved/justified. It was by believing/doing what God required at that point in time of human history.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

Dispy –

Be more forthright in both your comments and your answers. Truth has nothing to hide. Can that be your problem? Looking back at our discussions, there are just too many questions that you have let unanswered!

Dispy said - appears that some people just continue to show their inability to interpret Scripture. They will just use a couple of a Biblical verse, use it out of context, and make it their doctrine.

IF you are making reference to me (and not yourself), all you have to do is point out WHERE and WHEN I have done any of the things you are inferring. Just point it out and I will address the matter. I won’t play your “innuendo” game.

Dispy said - An example would be like jus using "This is that," to mean what the rest of the verse doesn't say. Also, they use their commentary for proof, more then the Biblical proof.
Okay, this is an example – of sorts.

I said - “THIS IS THAT…” in Acts 2:16, saying Peter said this was Joel’s prophesy and that what was taking place there, at that time on Pentecost, was what Joel prophesied hundreds of years before would come to past.
This… (what the people were witnessing) …is… THAT… (what Joel prophesied).
And your issue(s) are ???

I followed by saying that METHODS of revelation (vs. 17-18) were mentioned and then this was followed by METHODS of confirmation of revelation (vs. 19-20).
What are your issue(s) ???
In fact, what is your disagreement? Do you disagree? If so, point that out!

Dispy said - When one reads Joel chapters 1 & 2:1-17, one finds Joel speaking of "the last days." In 2:18 - the end of the book (chapter 3), we find the restoration of Israel, and the judgment of the Gentiles after Armageddon.

Stop begging the question! You need to do more that assert these things. Give me some proof that any of this is correct.

Israel will not be restored until the end of the Tribulation.

You are still begging! Nothing in Acts 2 (or even the Bible) says this!

Peter in Acts 15-21 is quoting Joel 2:28-32; which will be the fulfillment at the end of the Tribulation.

You continue to beg! Prove what you are saying. The “tribulation” is no where mentioned in Acts 2 or Joel 2. So if you want to tie that thought into Acts 2, give us some passage(s) to do so – or “get off the pot” !!!

The beginning signs of the Tribulation were appearing at Pentecost (Acts 2:17-18 - Joel 2:28 -29). However Acts 2:19-20 & Joel 2:30 - 32 will be fulilled prior to the Lord's return.

You just keep begging! My explanation of what Joel was talking about – METHODS of both revelation and confirmation of that revelation - is both readable at verses 17-20 AND plausible. You are offering little more than interjecting what you WISH the passage said.

Dispy said - The reason that Acts 2:19-20 & Joel 2:30-32 have not been fulfilled is because God interrupted the prophetic program pertaining to Israel, set Israel aside (temporarily blinded), raised up Saul/Paul to usher in this unprophesied dispensation of Grace. The prophetic atimeclock pertaing to Israel, and the Tribulation will resume after the rapture of the Church, the Body of Christ.

This one fills up your TIN CUP !!! You interject and assert all you care to. You have failed (and miserably so) to PROVE any of this wild speculation. Give me something so I can refute it! I have nothing but your ramblings on two passages that do not address 98% of what you assume!

LOOK BACK - In my last post I asked you to PROVE several things, including things in reference to the 70th week of Daniel 9 and of “Jacob’s trouble”. What did I get? NADA !!! Zippo!!!

Dispy said - Since the fall of man, anyone that "called upon the name of the Lord" (whether it be Jahovah God, or the God of Israel) was provided a means by which one could be saved/justified. It was by believing/doing what God required at that point in time of human history.

Once again you attempt to slip the verse out of CONTEXT. AND you fail to include that all important ending… “… shall be saved.” THIS IS THAT – that what Peter said and what Joel said. The verse says “And it shall be…” NOT “It has been taking place already…” Lol!

Because Peter and Paul are speaking of Jesus Christ and JOEL was prophesying in reference to Jesus Christ – I DON”T THINK SO !!! HOW will you prove “every dispensation” called upon the authority of Jesus Christ for salvation – huh? You must readily admit you took this out of context.

Peter tells us that… “THIS IS THAT” ! Not another time and not another place – it was THERE and it was NOW for them. What Joel prophesied hundreds of years prior was taking place AT THAT TIME – not in some other dispensation.

Then Paul (Romans 10) comes along saying the same thing and quoting Joel also – just as PETER (Acts 2) did already.
But I guess you can still show me in scripture AFTER the cross the differences
in “calling upon the name of the Lord” for salvation (Peter)
and “calling upon the name of the Lord” for salvation (Paul).

How many times will I have to ask for this answer Dispy? Hmmm?

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joel 1: 1 The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel.
2 Hear this, ye old men, and give ear, all ye inhabitants of the land. Hath this been in your days, or even in the days of your fathers?

3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.

4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

5 Awake, ye drunkards, and weep; and howl, all ye drinkers of wine, because of the new wine; for it is cut off from your mouth.

6 For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.

8 Lament like a virgin girded with sackcloth for the husband of her youth.

9 The meat offering and the drink offering is cut off from the house of the LORD; the priests, the LORD's ministers, mourn.

10 The field is wasted, the land mourneth; for the corn is wasted: the new wine is dried up, the oil languisheth.

11 Be ye ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers, for the wheat and for the barley; because the harvest of the field is perished.

12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, even all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.

14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

16 Is not the meat cut off before our eyes, yea, joy and gladness from the house of our God?

17 The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.

18 How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate.

19 O LORD, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field.

20 The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness.

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:

13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

17 Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?

18 Then will the LORD be jealous for his land, and pity his people.

19 Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:

20 But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.

21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.

22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.

23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

5 Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things:

6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.

7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head:

8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.

9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:

10 Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.

12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth out of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim.

19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.