[b]WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE...[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apollos1

There are "glad tidings" in reference to the kingdom.

There are "glad tidings" in reference to God's grace.

There are "glad tidings" also about such things as God's son, salvation, peace, etc.

These "tidings" are a part of that which is referred to as "the Gospel" in scripture. It all has to do with the salvation that God has brought to man through His son as planned before the foundation of the world.

Nothing complicated about it...

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are "glad tidings" in reference to the kingdom.

There are "glad tidings" in reference to God's grace.

There are "glad tidings" also about such things as God's son, salvation, peace, etc.

These "tidings" are a part of that which is referred to as "the Gospel" in scripture. It all has to do with the salvation that God has brought to man through His son as planned before the foundation of the world.

Nothing complicated about it...

You have not stated the differences. WHY?

Upvote 0

pehkay

Aug 10, 2006
✟17,557.00
Faith
Christian
The gospel of the kingdom, which includes the gospel of grace (Acts 20:24), brings people not only into God's salvation but also into the kingdom of the heavens (Rev. 1:9). The gospel of grace emphasizes forgiveness of sin, God's redemption, and eternal life, whereas the gospelof the kingdom emphasizes the heavenly ruling of Godand the authority of the Lord. This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole earth for a testimony to all the nations before the end of this age. Hence, that preaching, signified by the white horse of the first seal in Rev. 6:1-2, will be a sign of the consummation of this age.

Upvote 0

billychum

Jan 23, 2005
✟557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The gospel of the kingdom, which includes the gospel of grace (Acts 20:24), brings people not only into God's salvation but also into the kingdom of the heavens (Rev. 1:9). The gospel of grace emphasizes forgiveness of sin, God's redemption, and eternal life, whereas the gospelof the kingdom emphasizes the heavenly ruling of Godand the authority of the Lord. This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole earth for a testimony to all the nations before the end of this age. Hence, that preaching, signified by the white horse of the first seal in Rev. 6:1-2, will be a sign of the consummation of this age.

I can see this.

Billy <><

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

PLEASE show me where the preaching of "the gospel of the kingdom" includes "the gospel of Grace." The Church, the Body of Christ has no place in "the kingdom of heaven" that will be on this earth. The Church, the Body of Christ has a heavenly hope/home (2 Cor. 5:1, Philippians 3:20.

Acts 20:24 "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."

John the Baptist, Jesus and the 12 disciples preached "the gospel of the kingdom." The kingdom that they were speaking of is the kingdom that will be established here upon the earth, and it we be for 1,000 years. During 1,000 year period; "the gospel of the kingdom" will be preached throughout the entire word before the end comes (Matt. 24:14).

The gospel of the kingdom was preached from John the Baptist: until God set the nation of Israel aside. One cannot show me one verse of Scripture that says that Paul ever preached that Gospel. However, once the church, the Body of Christ, is raptured to heaven, God will again deal with Israel as His favorite people, and the gospel of the kingdom will again be preached until the end of the 1,000 year reigh of Christ. The "end of the age" will be at the end of the kingdom age, then there will be a new heaven and new earth (Rev. 21:1 - 2).

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
pehkay said:

I can see this.Billy <><

Then show it to me because I can't.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pehkay

Aug 10, 2006
✟17,557.00
Faith
Christian
:D I am a he ... What was your question?

Let use set theory as an illustration. Gospel of grace is a subset of the gospel of the kingdom ... how's that? :D

The
gospel of grace emphasizes forgiveness of sin, God's redemption, and eternal life. But God's salvation does not merely ends at regeneration. The gospel of the kingdom not only includes this "beginning" but the living of the kingdom people.

Christians are kingdom people especially revealed in the Gospel of Matthew. For the kingdom people to be perfect as their heavenly Father is perfect means that they are perfect in His love. They are the Father's children, having the Father's divine life and divine nature. Hence, they can be perfect as their Father is.

The demand of the new law of the kingdom is much higher than the requirement of the law of the old dispensation. This higher demand can be met only by the Father's divine life, not by the natural life. The kingdom of the heavens is the highest demand, and the divine life of the Father is the highest supply to meet that demand.

First, the gospel presents in the Gospel of Matthew the kingdom of the heavens as the highest demand, and last, it affords us in the Gospel of John the divine life of the heavenly Father as the highest supply, by which we can have the highest living of the kingdom of the heavens.

The demand of the new law of the kingdom in chs. 5--7 is actually the expression of the new life, the divine life, which is within the regenerated kingdom
people. This demand opens up the inner being of the regenerated people, showing them that they are able to attain to such a high level and to have such a high living.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:D I am a he ... What was your question?

Let use set theory as an illustration. Gospel of grace is a subset of the gospel of the kingdom ... how's that? :D

The
gospel of grace emphasizes forgiveness of sin, God's redemption, and eternal life. But God's salvation does not merely ends at regeneration. The gospel of the kingdom not only includes this "beginning" but the living of the kingdom people.

Christians are kingdom people especially revealed in the Gospel of Matthew. For the kingdom people to be perfect as their heavenly Father is perfect means that they are perfect in His love. They are the Father's children, having the Father's divine life and divine nature. Hence, they can be perfect as their Father is.

The demand of the new law of the kingdom is much higher than the requirement of the law of the old dispensation. This higher demand can be met only by the Father's divine life, not by the natural life. The kingdom of the heavens is the highest demand, and the divine life of the Father is the highest supply to meet that demand.

First, the gospel presents in the Gospel of Matthew the kingdom of the heavens as the highest demand, and last, it affords us in the Gospel of John the divine life of the heavenly Father as the highest supply, by which we can have the highest living of the kingdom of the heavens.

The demand of the new law of the kingdom in chs. 5--7 is actually the expression of the new life, the divine life, which is within the regenerated kingdom
people. This demand opens up the inner being of the regenerated people, showing them that they are able to attain to such a high level and to have such a high living.

SORRY if I offended you by referring to you as a "she." I did that because I thought maybe lightninboy knew something that I didn't. However, I should have known better because he was wrong again, as usual.

I fail to understand what you are really trying to say, but I wouldn't respond if I did, because you didn't respond to what I had posted. You just came up with some commentary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
What's the difference BETWEEN "THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM" AND THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD?
God answers our questions. Only one note not from scripture.

The Kingdoms of Grace and Glory

Give the promise which our Saviour made to the "little flock."
"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32.
To what throne are we exhorted to come to find mercy?
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:16.
To what other kingdom do the Scriptures call our attention?
"When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory." Matt. 25:31.
By what are men saved from sin?
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God." Eph. 2:8 (Rom. 6:23).
In the parable of the wheat and tares, what does the good seed represent?
"The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one," Matt. 13:38.
Who sows the tares?
"The enemy that sowed them is the Devil." Matt. 13:39.
To whom did God entrust His kingdom?
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Gen. 1:26.
When Christ sent out His disciples, what did He tell them to preach?
"And He sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick." Luke 9:2.
In carrying out their commission, what did they preach?
"And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing everywhere." Luke 9:6.
After the loss of the first kingdom, what promise did God make to Israel, if they would obey Him?
"Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people: for all the earth is Mine. And ye shall be unto Me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation." Ex. 19:5-6.
After the children of Israel were settled in Canaan, what did they request of Samuel the prophet?
"Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations." 1 Sam. 8:5.
Upon taking the matter to God, what instruction did Samuel receive?
"And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them." 1 Sam. 8:7.
Notwithstanding the perverseness of Israel, what did the lord promise to David their king?
"Thy seed will I establish forever, and build up thy throne to all generations." Ps. 89:4.
Through whom was the throne of David to be perpetuated?
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David." Isa. 9:6-7.
Who is this seed of David, the heir to his throne?
"Thou shalt. .bring forth a son, and shalt call His name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David." Luke 1:31, 32.
While the kingdom was still held by the Jewish kings, what prediction was made concerning the kingdom?
"And thou, profane, wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown." Eze. 21:25, 26.
After the crown was taken from the Jewish king, and that kingdom had become tributary to the Babylonians, what more was predicted concerning it?
"I will overturn, overturn, overturn it; and it shall be no more, until He come whose right it is; and I will give it Him." Eze. 21:27.
NOTE: This threefold overturning was accomplished in the successive subversions of the kingdoms of the Babylonians, the Medes and Persians, and the Grecians. The Jews were under the rule of each of these dynasties. The last overturning took place when Rome conquered the Grecians, 168 B.C.; but the famous league between the Romans and the Jews, made 161 B.C. brought the latter people more completely under the rule of that iron power. In 70 A.D., the Jews were dispersed to all parts of the world, and the throne of David, which their kingdom represented, was to be no more, till He should come to whom it belongs.
Christ did not take that throne when on earth. Did He assume it when. ascending to heaven, or did He occupy the Father's throne, with Him?
"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne." Rev. 3:21.
What is He doing at the Father's right hand?
"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at My right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." "The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." Ps. 110:1, 4; Heb. 10:12, 13.
When His priestly work is finished, what will Christ do?
"Then cometh the end, when He shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father." 1 Cor. 15:24.
When He comes to earth, on whose throne will He sit?
"When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory." Matt. 25:31 (Rev. 11:15).
Then what will He say to the redeemed?
"Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." Matt. 25:34.
How will the saints appear after reaching that kingdom?
"Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father." Matt. 13:43.

Upvote 0

lightninboy

Jan 11, 2005
Twin Brooks, South Dakota
✟11,910.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dispensationalists believe there is a gospel of the kingdom and a gospel of grace, unlike, say, Covenant Theologians.

I question that the gospel of the kingdom always necessarily includes the gospel of grace.

John the Baptist's baptism was of repentance to prepare for Christ. But not all who received John's baptism necessarily eventually went on to believing in Christ for everlasting life, right, pehkay?

Upvote 0

pehkay

Aug 10, 2006
✟17,557.00
Faith
Christian
Er .. I don't see how is it related to the question ... sorry ^^

>>> But not all who received John's baptism necessarily eventually went on to believing in Christ for everlasting life

So? Yeah. I mean later, they are baptized by Jesus or His disciples. John's baptism not only terminated those who repented but also ushered them to Christ for life. Baptism in the Bible implies death and resurrection. To be baptized into water is to be put into death and buried. To be raised up from the water means to be resurrected from death. Even Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness.

Upvote 0

Dispy

Veteran
Jan 16, 2004
South Dakota
✟4,680.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't respond to what you posted??!! ^ ^
You ask the difference between the two ... so I answered it.

The first post ...

Yes you did respond, but not to what I asked for.

In your response, it appears to me, you are saying that believers today will inherit the kingdom of heaven which will be here upon the earth.

According to Paul's preaching of ..."the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began," the Church, the Body of Christ, has a heavenly hope/home, not earthly.

It appears you are putting the gospel of the Grace of God as part of the gospel of the kingdom.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.