Not open for further replies.

endure

Aug 27, 2002
georgia, sautee.
Visit site
✟16,062.00
Faith
Christian
people refuse to merge with homosexuality and filthiness of the flesh at all costs...

PRAISE GOD!

chanter
i commend you for your lack of discussion and rather focus on the need for prayer for a broken people... thats so beautiful.
bless you.

kiwimak
well...that wasnt very loving was it?
i mean, God wants them saved too, ya know?
mercy got them in the church, and mercy should desire they be able to stay for their sake... if we really cared we pray and fast for them instead of deciding "OK, THEY DIDNT LISTEN, OUT WITH THEM!" so quickly.

i mean, there is a love that covers sin and even though sin is present, mercy's only priority is that they be restored, not get theirs.
if it comes to excommunication then so beit, but we should all rather it be a diffrent way...

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I attend St. Andrew's church on the Sunshine coast. We are one of the breakaway churches. I have only been a Christian for a year and therefore with this church only 10 months so I haven't had to go through as much as my fellow parishoners, but let me just give you a human toll here.

We are a tiny church in a fishing village. We are definitely not rich (materially anyway- otherwise, we are blessed). Our pastor is a strong, spirit -filled loving man of God who is ready to go the distance for Jesus. Because of this situation, he has been unable to minister to his flock as he would like to. People have suffered. One of the strongest couples in our congregation split up for a brief time. I had issues as a new Christian that I worked out without his help because I felt he just ahd enough on his plate as it was. Many others have done the same. There hasn't been the outreach necessary for the area. He is always having to go to some meeting somewhere or write some papers or praying or networking.
Our congregation voted 100% to break from New West though, so they were ready to make sacrifices. They have been going through this for over two years now. Our pastor has had a heart attack because of the stress. Quite a few people left the church (some came back however!) We are always under the threat of our pastor being fired and it's possible they could take our church too. even though the local community built it, it is owned by the anglican Church of Canada. Many people who live around here have labelled us bigots, gay-bashers, and the like. Our pastor is NOT very well liked by non-Christians. We live in a super-liberal area.
We pray for Michael Ingham every week. We pray for the healing of homosexuals. We pray for the healing of the church. We are being refined and we feel privileged to be able to stand for the Lord.
Because the Terry Buckle situation did not come through, we are now asking the AMiA to take us in. We need leadership that is biblical, not politically correct. It is truly an amazing thing that we may be missioned to by the bishop of Rwanda. He told us at the meeting of all 8 churches back in September that the people of Rwanda are praying for us all in North America, for our spiritual poverty. Indeed, we could use the prayer. We need it.

On behalf of the people of the breakaway 8, I thank you all for your prayer. Please continue, for the battle is nowhere near over.
God bless you all.

Upvote 0

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
When BBCi's "Have your say" debated homosexuality, nobody who tried to post Romans 1:18/32 was printed, but that passage charts the downward road to decadent perversion, as starting with refusing to acknowledge God as God, or to thank & praise Him as God - that, it says, results in hearts being darkened by sin & thinking becoming futile - the end result is the perversions that the Bible also calls abomination

True Freedom Trust has been successful, for over 30 years, in ministering deliverance

Type the name to a search engine for further help: Martin Hallett is the founder

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
tigersnare said:
I don't understand this, why are people in the Church so blind to blatent sin. Does this bishop not read his bible anymore? Why do we not discipline the Church in the prescribed way, anymore?
Perhaps because we Episcopalians see what Jesus said as the most important things to do as more important than what He commanded us not to do as regards the judging of our fellow men.:mad: And perhaps because we understand Scripture to be speaking of other sins than the particular one you have in mind -- ones Jesus explicitly condemned, but which seem to be the mainstay activity of some branches of the people who call themselves "Christian."

And, let me ask, what sort of "discipline" do you have in mind? And what gives you the right to call for it?

I am perfectly and absolutely disgusted by the attacks on my church made by other supposed brothers and sisters in Christ -- with those from a church many of whose bishops have been engaged in covering up child molestation, and from a church whose just-retired leader rewrote the doctrines of the church to force his political opponents out of the denomination, being among the leaders in doing so. Perhaps they might take a good look at Jesus's teachings about the mote in the eye of another!

Upvote 0

tigersnare

Angry Young Calvinist
Jul 8, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA
✟1,636.00
Faith
Calvinist
Polycarp1 said:
Perhaps because we Episcopalians see what Jesus said as the most important things to do as more important than what He commanded us not to do as regards the judging of our fellow men.:mad:

First of all, Jesus pointed out it was his judgment not ours. I agree, I'm not saying anybody is good, bad, hell bound or heaven bound, but when I see a friend in sin I use Jesus prescribed method in matthew, I want to know why this is not happening.

Second, if you by saying "we episcopalians see what Jesus said as the most important things to do" as loving God and loving your neighbor, than good for you. If you see that as ingnoring the rest of the stuff he said about confronting sin and dealing with it in a loving manner than......well.....ok.

Polycarp1 said:
And perhaps because we understand Scripture to be speaking of other sins than the particular one you have in mind -- ones Jesus explicitly condemned, but which seem to be the mainstay activity of some branches of the people who call themselves "Christian."

So basically you're questioning the "Christian-ness" of those that don't see all sin as physically and spirituall harmful to the body.

Polycarp1 said:
And, let me ask, what sort of "discipline" do you have in mind? And what gives you the right to call for it?

Not me....Paul.

Polycarp1 said:
I am perfectly and absolutely disgusted by the attacks on my church made by other supposed brothers and sisters in Christ -- with those from a church many of whose bishops have been engaged in covering up child molestation, and from a church whose just-retired leader rewrote the doctrines of the church to force his political opponents out of the denomination, being among the leaders in doing so. Perhaps they might take a good look at Jesus's teachings about the mote in the eye of another!

I'm sorry you are disgusted, I can understand you see the hipocrasy. Please know I am not attacking you or your Church I am sad for the Church as it functions, as a whole. I see sin abounding in my Church yet, no one is rebuking or disciplining out of love for bretheren and the body. And this seems to be normative.

Anyways, please accept my apology, school starts tomorrow and that's it for me and these boards for quite awhile. I'm am sorry if I offended you, it was not my intent to attack any one, even though from my post I can easily see how that could be read, that post has been edited, and what's left should be turned into a whole nother thread by itself.

Take Care, Polycarp, I will be praying for the state of all our Churches and the universal Church as well.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.