Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟114,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, someone just sent me this- 100 years ago there was a massive revival and outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Azuza Street in Los Angeles California. Apparently the leader of the revival William Seymour, received a prophetic word at the revival that in 100 years there would be an outpouring like Azuza here in America but much bigger! 100 years from the date of this message is September 28, 2022! Almost right now, about 1 month overdue! This could break out at any moment! I have started praying for revival in America every day! This is amazing! the link to the article is below: Для просмотра нужно войти или зарегистрироваться

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟992,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, someone just sent me this- 100 years ago there was a massive revival and outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Azuza Street in Los Angeles California. Apparently the leader of the revival William Seymour, received a prophetic word at the revival that in 100 years there would be an outpouring like Azuza here in America but much bigger! 100 years from the date of this message is September 28, 2022! Almost right now, about 1 month overdue! This could break out at any moment! I have started praying for revival in America every day! This is amazing! the link to the article is below: Для просмотра нужно войти или зарегистрироваться
Link is broken.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I pray for revival every day but not a revival of wonderful works. I pray for a revival of simple love and generosity. You can speak in tongues and have visions until the cows come home, but until the spirit of love comes, it's just a dead corpse where birds gather.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I know a bit about the Azusa Street revival. It was a mixture of genuine signs and wonders and utterly counterfeit. Tragically, few were able to discern the difference. There was a revival in Wales about the same time, also restoring the Baptism of the Holy Spirit to the church. There was also some deceptions and fake experiences, as documented by Jesse Penn-Lewis in "War on the Saints".

I am highly dubious about this so called revival that is supposedly to come. There has been much speculation for some years now. The problem I see is that the church has not fulfilled the requirements for revival. There is great disunity, sin is tolerated or swept under the carpet, the world has influenced the church way too much and there is the appearance of godliness without the power of Christ in individual lives.

In the 1990's, there was a great deception, known as the Toronto Blessing. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this supposed revival as a rerun of Toronto but with a different, craftier implementation. By all means, pray for revival. I've been praying in my area for decades. But judgement begins with the church. She needs cleaning up first.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tongues and the love of God connection:
"But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." Jude
----
Doesn't state revival but could include one "So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him." (Isa 59). "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" (Acts 2:17)

Addressing prophecy:
"This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;" (I Tim 1:18)

Definitely begins in the church "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (II Chron 7:14).

Don't know about the Toronto Airport revival. Some results from Brownsville are many ministers went to numerous countries, individuals and families were changed. One example is Ward Simpson. According to his testimony, he wasn't living for the Lord when he started attending but his focus and dedication changed. He was at Brownsville for several years and is currently the CEO of God TV which has several hundred million viewers.

Read there were several services at a church in 1934 with only one convert, Billy Graham.

Jesus, while on earth, said look at the signs and wonders "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in Him." (John 10:37-38)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟541,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  1. at Azuza Street in Los Angeles California.
Revivals/Spiritual Awakenings often started..in humble/unlikely places..
- in Christian history.
---
312 Azusa Street
- Before the revival, it was used as a livery stable, storage buliding..
---
Revivals were criticized & despised..
- especially, during the early days..
- that is why..not many people..are interested.

---
A few people..who were broken..waiting & seeking/praying..
- the beginning of the revival..
- it happened..sometimes..in Christian history.
---
I am working on the book project.
- 'Revivals/Spiritual Awakenings & Mission in Christian History'

Last edited:
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a little history.
Where Did All This Pentecostalism Come From? | Tim Challies

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we walk in doubt He will never do anything around us. Were like a ship tossed all around let not that man think he will get anything from the lord. I remember this man in Israel talking to this Rabbi that had his back to him (theres a reason for that). He was talking about something he doubted didn't believe as in gold falling? I doubt it also. He said that Rabbi got really scared saying "gold falling?" He got up grabbed is grand daughter said I have to go if gold is falling the messiah is coming.

Revivals are happening all over the world right now. In so many Churches in America in home bible studies. Not going to find Him where confusion is or division. Azuza Street was very real depends on just who you listen to. Its like the bible study I went to when I was about 15-17. Grand parents and the wife she prayed 4 hours a day. They always said if we say anything that is not in the word do not believe us. Many know of them and said "they always see demons in everything" "they divide some Churches" so forth so on.

I was there. She was the only woman I have ever in 61 years meet or seen on TV that had so much love. You always saw Jesus. You needed prayer she went right to the word knew it yet read it and prayed only what was written. I can tell you story after story. Praying alone saying Jesus show me what I have to do to be like you. Then a week later in the bible study as we were worshiping the lord said "Danny I don't know what this means but the lord said I will show you what you have to do". Or just being prayed for..a huge wart on my palm. So they pray and just before they stop say "and lord even the ones between his toes". That one haha always gets me even to today. Not even my mom knew about those I told no one. I can keep going on and on. Just talking about a preacher we all know she never said one negative word just "I listen to him but don't agree on all he teaches". If I said his name your first thought would not be good.

Yeah she was human and sinned was not perfect no one is. Just who do we think God uses only the ones we like? Most of time its someone we don't like we do not agree with. The moment we tell God who really is of Him and what can happen today and not.. He no longer is driving we are. I try to never run with 2nd hand talk. I know first hand what some see and can't see. Jesus could show up infront of you and that missing tooth? Is replaced with a new one and most would not blink a eye. :D I hope Jesus heard that wink wink.

Anyway.. all that for revival YES!

Upvote 0