Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care,
And take us to Heaven
To live with You there

Matthew 6 "Our Father in Heaven..."

John 14
“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also

Heb 11
13 All these died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. 15 And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them.

Heb 12
21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I am full of fear and trembling.” 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect

Gal 4
24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother

1 Thess 4
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Peter 1:13
13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also

Saints are taken to heaven at the 2nd coming.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Chris V++

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,019.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Away in a manger,
No crib for His bed,
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head
The stars in the bright sky
Looked down where He lay,
The little Lord Jesus
Asleep on the hay.

I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care,
And take us to Heaven
To live with You there

The version I've always sung says, "and fit us for heaven".
The only way we will be fit for heaven, is by accepting Jesus.

I notice you've missed out the 2nd verse, which has the words,
"but little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes".
Seriously; who's promoting the view that Jesus would never have cried? He was a baby.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The version I've always sung says, "and fit us for heaven".
The only way we will be fit for heaven, is by accepting Jesus.

I notice you've missed out the 2nd verse, which has the words,
"but little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes".
Seriously; who's promoting the view that Jesus would never have cried? He was a baby.

Ok you got me on that one. :) I did leave out the "Jesus never cried" idea.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0