Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
dunno who has heard, but SVOTS helped get together an concert with the music of Avro Part, whose music is common even though he is not as well known. my spiritual father went and said that it was some of the most beautiful music that he has ever heard. Dr Part has stated also that to truly understand his music, you must understand the Church Fathers. the more I hear about this man, the more impressed I am with him.

Estonian Orthodox Composer Arvo Pärt Thrills NYC Audience | St Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary

Macarius

Progressive Orthodox Christian
Supporter
Jun 18, 2007
The Ivory Tower
✟52,122.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you can find it on Ancient Faith Radio, they recorded the SVS graduation ceremony and he spoke somewhere in the middle of it. His words were by far the best of the ceremony; I've seen enough graduations that it is not often I am actually, genuinely moved by something a speaker says. He wasn't even the commencement speaker (though our speaker was solid as well)! He was being awarded an honorary doctorate and decided to say a few words. Blew me away with his profundity and simplicity.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you can find it on Ancient Faith Radio, they recorded the SVS graduation ceremony and he spoke somewhere in the middle of it. His words were by far the best of the ceremony; I've seen enough graduations that it is not often I am actually, genuinely moved by something a speaker says. He wasn't even the commencement speaker (though our speaker was solid as well)! He was being awarded an honorary doctorate and decided to say a few words. Blew me away with his profundity and simplicity.

when my priest saw the concert, he said that one of the most moving things about him that stood out was his humility and almost childlike innocense. I'll hafta check that out.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married