Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Avoid Anger At All Times

Anger is one of the most poisonous emotions employed by the devil. It is most hurtful and injurious and destroys LOVE. From the beginning religion and its tenets served as a major cause for the venting of ANGER. Cain slew Abel in ANGER over their religious sacrifices. God accepted Abel's offering and did not accept Cain's offering. What they offered were both "acceptable" under the priestly code of Levi. Both lambs and wheat were "good" sacrifices under the Old Covenant. However, if your heart is not right when you make any sacrifice, then God will not accept it.

Moses was the very first person to break the Ten Commandments. He did it immediately after he received them. When he came down from the mountain, he found the people doing all kinds of ungodly things including worshiping the gods of Egypt. In great ANGER "he blew a fuse" as we would characterize it in US lingo today. He threw the stone tablets to the ground and broke them. ANGER as you can see is a horrific emotion, a great tool that opens the door for YOUR OWN demons. On another occasion in the wilderness when the people vexed Moses over their thirst, God told Moses "to speak to the rock" and it would give them water to drink. Nevertheless Moses was so ANGRY over their provocations that he "smote the rock" and out gushed floods of water. That "Rock" was a symbol representing both the Father Himself, the Mighty Rock, (Deuteronomy 32:29-31) and Jesus (Luke 6:46-49). Therefore in anger both the Jews and Roman soldiers struck Jesus many times before crucifying him.

Notice how vicious and blinding ANGER can be. In the parable of the prodigal son the elder son (analogy for preachers and leaders) was so ANGRY that his father (God) had shown mercy to his younger brother (any "sinner") that he protested vigorously against the kindness his father showed him and he recounted all his many mistakes. He was so MAD that he "REFUSED TO HEAR" the Father's entreaty and to go in and join the celebration of love and eternal life for all who die after death! "This my son was dead and he is alive again. He died lost and is found at my Throne and my table". When you REFUSE to hear God Himself because of over-concern for the faults of someone else, HOW GREAT IS YOUR BLINDNESS AND PERSONAL "SIN"! This parable is about the religious world today!

Religious anger over another man's sacrifice thrusts the participants into the Cain and Abel mode. Today they do not use stones to slay their brethren. In Northern Ireland the Catholics and Protestants have a "marching season" where they deliberately provoke one another in the memory of old sins and dead wars. They have slain one another in bitterness over disputes hundreds of years old. "Over-concern" for the way another man's presents his offering is the problem. In India the Sikhs hate the Hindus and do some vicious Cain-Abel style butchering …. all because of their sacrifices. Today many churches and pastors are so ANGRY over the offerings or lack thereof of men outside their organization that they denounce them as "sinners" merely because they do not worship God according to their style. They pronounce a "hellfire and brimstone" demise for their "prodigal brethren" caught in the ravages of demonic prison-holds just because they cannot break free of the Dragon's "strong hold". You will notice in the parable of the "prodigal son" FATHER REJECTS THEIR BITTER ADVICE and celebrates the Feast of Love and Family reunion anyway! It is going on "upstairs" right now as I write this message! Hosea 13:14, John 12:32, Hebrews 12:22-24.

Finally brethren, LOVE COVERS ALL SIN so that you do not mention it to a victim of it, nor condemn him with it. Jesus SHOWED US how we must think while hanging on the cross. There is no need to remind you of his propitiation. You know what he said! Listen, all you self-styled preachers and religious zealots! WE DO NOT THROW (VERBAL) STONES at those caught in the very act of sin. We behave just like Jesus. "Woman where are your condemners"? She replied AFTER JESUS DID A MIND-MELD on the crowd, "Lord, NO MAN condemns me" (but the demonic "Accuser of the brethren is still doing it)! See that YOU "condemn no man" (or woman for that matter)!

Bickering over "sin"; pointing fingers at people; anger over the way another worships and what he sacrifices has a long and bloody history. These ERRORS are written, and we MUST learn to perfect our love from these things. AT THIS BOARD, see that the offerings you post have the right spirit. DO NOT EXPECT God to accept it if your motive is wrong. HE READS THE THOUHTS AND INTENTS OF MAN'S HEART. You may offer a "loaded" post and deceive human readers, but you will show Heaven how imperfect YOU are and expose to them where YOU need to be "remolded". Do not focus your concern on the eyes of men. Be concerned more about what Heaven sees in YOU! Even worse than that, astute readers will weigh you from afar and ascertain your motives and assess how much light they feel you have. Some of them are vocal and will let you know their sentiments. Not all of them will be wise or right, but some of them will assess you perfectly! The Clay Master is expert at remolding minds.

Feel free to share what you have here. Please be certain that you take into account the history of ANGER that we have presented. Religiosity has been a bitter poison against brotherly love and "respect" for the kindness of Father Himself. Excessive concern for the faults of others was a problem for Moses, and it remains a problem for men in all religions today. Slaying one's brother over his sacrifices is still contemporary in the religious world today. In the Middle East right now the Jewish descendants of Abraham are slaying the Islamic descendants of Abraham and visa versa. All this demonic madness is in the name of God over one's sacrifice! Cain slays Abel again and history repeats it's self. Finally here is some advice regarding how you should react to what you see:

Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. 8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit.

Ecclesiasted 9:17 The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. 18 Wisdom is better than weapons of war: but one sinner destroyeth much good.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

KJV Pro 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, [is] from the Lord. 2 All the ways of a man [are] clean in his own eyes; but the Lord weigheth the spirits. 3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

So go ahead and use this message board to share what you have learned. Keep in mind that many readers will search this place looking for comfort, truth, and an inkling that God is here. If they see God here, they will stay a while and rest. "SHOW THEM" that God is here and the spirit of Christ is in all of us! What we do here will determine if we can keep Father's command and be a refuge for the weary:

KJV Isaiah 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. 2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Isaiah 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning. 5 And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory [shall be] a defence. 6 And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.

In this light go ahead and do your thing!

GOOD NEWS, Inc.

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Ephesians 4:

25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.

26 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry ,

27and do not give the devil a foothold.

28 He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think one of the amin things to think about is what you get angry about? Is it about sin or because someone cut you off on the freeway. I think what we get angry at shows our priorities. And too many times I show that I have the wrong ones.

blackhaw6

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Is it about sin or because someone cut you off on the freeway.

It's important to pray for and to know we have God's protection. I pray for protection at least 50 to 100 feet around me when I am driving. Then if someone does something to draw your attention to them, the best thing is not to get angry, but to pray for them. You can be sure the devil is not going to send people to give you any problems if your going to pray for them. Thanks, JohnR7

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Jesus expressed anger when he saw them using the temple as a market, or other times with the Pharisees.

I use to wonder about that. I think that God really is for people. I think Jesus really did love those people and He wanted what was best for them. It's just that was the only way to communicate with them to get a message across to them. Jesus was not really being mean, but just exposing their sin, and showing them the real condition they were in. He was filled with zeal for his fathers house, but I do not think He intended any real harm to the people. The enemy is the one out to destroy, God trys to save.

Look at Paul, he really did want to serve God. He was just mis directed. Once God got him turned around, when He knocked Paul off of his high horse. Then Paul became just as zealous for the church as he had been before in his persecutions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A lot of the time, anger is brought on by fear. When we are cut off in traffic - we have an instant fear of being in an accident and it often comes out in anger toward that person that cut us off.

Sometimes if we don't understand someone else and maybe feel threatened by them - we will appear we are angry - when in fact we are afraid of that which we do not understand.

Jesus did not become angry from fear - he totally trusted in His Father. His anger was toward sin.

When we totally trust God with every aspect of our daily lives - we will not fear anything and thus not express anger toward other people, but toward sin as Jesus did.

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Hello, dependingonhim!
I can agree with your assessment of why men get angry from time to time. The results of anger still remain. Cain killed Abel, there are bar fights, bitterness and hatred is still with us in Northern Ireland, Israel, India, and in some families and homes. The wise will heed a warning. This is what James wrote:

KJV Jam 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

KJV Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

Amen?

GOOD NEWS, Inc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LuckyCharm

Back from Iraq 5 Apr 04
Feb 23, 2002
Tacoma, Washington
Visit site
✟8,105.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"Proverbs 14:7 Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. 8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit."

You don't know how timely these words are for me right now -- thank you!

--Cheryl

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, dependingonhim!
It is a mark of wisdom to depend on Him to direct our paths.

KJV Psa 119:105 Nun. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Proverbs 3: 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

GOOD NEWS, Inc. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.