not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. An icon or figure representing a particular person in a video game, Internet forum, etc. It may take either a three-dimensionalform,[1] as in games or virtual worlds, or a two-dimensional form as an icon in Internet forums and other online communities.[2][3] Avatar images have also been referred to as "picons" (personal icons)[4] in the past, though the usage of this term is uncommon now. It can also refer to a text construct found on early systems such as MUDs.[5] The term "avatar" can also refer to the personality connected with the screen name, or handle, of an Internet user.[6]Common avatars may be Internet memes.

Just God gave me a dream where I saw the words in bright red colour that "people with avatar should pain force......". God is giving a very serious warning, where it seems that there is a plan to force persons to not use an avatar but their real picture when online, such as when talking on a discussion forum. That person using avatars should be penalized in some way.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm autistic and your post is unclear to me. Are you saying that TPTB are going to greatly discourage the use of handles & avatars, or that God doesn't like them? (They are a worthwhile layer of security on the wild, wild web.)

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WARNING!!! Putting one's or one's loved ones picture out on the web is very DANGEROUS. Even on a Christian site as there is no Christian who is perfect and many if not all struggle with some sin; not to mention that there are those on this site visiting and members who have no moral commitment to any god. That guy (Edward Snowden) who worked for the federal govt (as a contractor) in a very high intelligence capacity who is a traitor (and many interviews on the link that follows) shows us just how unsafe information and pictures are that we thought were secure on the www. Frontline a two part series "United States of Secrets" on how insecure our information is on the internet. Many of the big name social networks and browsers and phone companies, like Facebook, Google, At&T are addressed. See:
The FRONTLINE Interviews | United States of Secrets | FRONTLINE | PBS
Click on the title in white letters under red banner at top left.

Also, other links; Facebook, Americans’ Attitudes About Privacy, Security and Surveillance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
My avatar is my real picture. My son took that picture two or three years ago. Here is a picture of my son:
the_cleveland_show_-_lester_3388.png

...and my wife:
mean-old-lady-cartoon-42632.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The old adage, "If you're innocent, you've got nothing to hide" is not a valid statement today for "encouraging" disclosure. Information voluntarily given by an innocent person CAN be twisted, contorted, and "adjusted" by a few crooked law enforcement officials under pressure to quickly produce a conviction or just out of routine practice. And you never have a clue whether the law enforcement officer is one of those few or not. With identity theft and hacker activity rampant online today hacking through national encryption protected and such sites nothing can be said to be secure online. A picture is essential for the more valid identity thefts and worth more on the black market or whatever they call it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Wow! She's a real looker...!
Hey now..........that's my wife yer talking about. Get your own......

Just kidding.....I told her men would be drooling over her since she posed in her wedding dress for that picture.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm autistic and your post is unclear to me. Are you saying that TPTB are going to greatly discourage the use of handles & avatars, or that God doesn't like them? (They are a worthwhile layer of security on the wild, wild web.)

Don't feel bad, I am not autistic and I have no idea what he said.

"Just God gave me a dream where I saw the words in bright red colour that "people with avatar should pain force" What? Drinking and posting is NOT allowed...

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Just God gave me a dream where I saw the words in bright red colour that "people with avatar should pain force......". God is giving a very serious warning, where it seems that there is a plan to force persons to not use an avatar but their real picture when online, such as when talking on a discussion forum. That person using avatars should be penalized in some way.

If you want to post your real picture here, do so. However, forget about that being made a requirement for the rest of us.

• Winner
Reactions: Monksailor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes!!!!!! What a hypo_______. Give us your REAL picture first then someone in his area pm him and meet him in a restaurant to verify. But I, for one, am not going to be ________ and give my picture.

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums