Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mangy dogs or coyotes.
Okay ... thanks again.

I like to bring up the Bible's "cryptids" to academians, to see what they have to say.

Such cryptids as: whale-fishes, satyrs, unicorns, straw-eating lions, four-legged locusts, mammal fowls, and dragons.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay ... thanks again.

I like to bring up the Bible's "cryptids" to academians, to see what they have to say.

Such cryptids as: whale-fishes, satyrs, unicorns, straw-eating lions, four-legged locusts, mammal fowls, and dragons.

I'm sure there are some undiscovered species still out there but I don't believe such creatures ever existed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't celebrate the autumnal equinox per se, but I really do enjoy the fall. It's the best time to travel. The weather is cool (which I love,) and kids are back in school. So most destinations aren't as crowded, less chance of encountering loud, obstreperous children in restaurants, off-season prices in many places, and fewer cars on the road if you're diving. And (if it's a good year,) you can't beat those fall colors. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, do any of you celebrate the autumn equinox in any special way? Can be religious or secular. For me, I think I am going to try my hand at a Mabon ritual this year but really its sort of the opener for the real beginning of my favorite time of year, spooky season! Equinox to Halloween is basically a month long Halloween for me, culminating in a Samhain ritual gathering. This year I am trying to go all out and get a bunch of people back together to celebrate and be a part of the ritual.

Does anyone do anything super fun for this time of year? How about from now until Halloween?

Why do you celebrate at the time originated from Christianity? I enjoy the ghost day in July.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Why do you celebrate at the time originated from Christianity? I enjoy the ghost day in July.

I don't understand your question. Autumn Equinox is in September in the Northern Hemisphere. What do you mean by ghost day?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Helloween.

Oh I see, I think you're confusing the two. The Autumn Equinox is in late September and is usually commemorated with it's own Sabbat called Mabon but Halloween is commemorated with another Sabbat known as Samhain (pronounced Sow-in), which for many Wiccans and some pagans, is the highest calendar day. I picked Mabon since it's topical to the time and lots of people do fall activities. My wife's school is doing all manner of harvest celebrations, for example, as they're a small farming community school. She is planning a fun Halloween concert but that's usually considered a discrete event from harvest.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I got to celebrate the Autumn Equinox today by going to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. I didn't even think of the RenFest earlier in the discussion, but I realized it today. I think it's my favorite autumn ritual. We wear costumes, and there's food and music and shops and a little bit of history, with enough mythical elements to engage the imagination and the spirit. The day ended with impromptu dancing outside the front gate, after the final cannon had sounded, with music by Cu Dubh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Since the trails close at sundown, I got up early and headed to the castle ruins for a quick ritual and toast to the migrating birds while leaving some seed behind.

On the way back I had a perfect shot of two red tailed hawks dancing right overhead but my camera went into sleep mode. It's supposed to immediately wake up if hit the shutter button, but it didn't and by the time I reset it and looked up, the birds were gone.

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I ended up going to an Oktoberfest event at the last minute yesterday and my wife and I met her parents for drinks. I've only lived in this town for two years so I ended up discovering a cool music shop that had a used bookstore in the basement with a number of neat occult items for sale. Had a nice chat with the proprietor. She gave me some nice sandalwood incense for free. :) I also bought some great new art prints!

I preformed a short ritual under a fantastically bright full moon and then had some drinks with my wife and played video games for the late evening while she hung around we just chatted about life. It was a good day.

Today is a relaxing day, we have fancy dinner reservations with a few other pagans and former IT coworkers from one of my previous jobs. My wife is lesson planning for school and I am catching up on the latest episode of My Hero Academia.

Last edited:
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0