Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I hear ya. But cold kills a lot more people than roaches do. Unless you have asthma and live surrounded by roaches.

I saw the biggest roach I've ever seen in my life a few weeks ago. I didn't even know they came in this size. Made palmetto bugs look like lady bugs. I was too scared to even attempt to kill it.

I hate the cold but I don't do well with insects or spiders.
Lady bugs, butterflies, fire flies, and praying mantises are cool, but everything else can just stay away.

• Agree
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate the cold too, especially the driving aspect. Came close to death last year on the icy roads.. a little nervous about driving in this year's icy roads. Sadly.. at least where I live.. we don't seem to close for anything.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tayla

Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone do anything super fun for this time of year? How about from now until Halloween?
I mostly try to get psychologically ready for less sunlight and colder and rainier and snowy weather. Life gets harder this time of year.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Illinois barely handles the snow we get now, and we don't get nearly the volume that Minnesota and Wisconsin get. I think my wife and I might relocate out further West some day, at least a little less snow would be good.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope you got the joke I was making?

I think that's why he mentioned Haddonfield, NJ. The town in the Halloween movie was named after Haddonfield, NJ where the producer lived. Coincidentally it's is the state that I live in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that's why he mentioned Haddonfield, NJ.
It's Haddonfield, IL.

When you mentioned Illinois, I immediately thought of Haddonfield, IL.

Which, of course, doesn't exist; but is named after Haddonfield, NJ.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh well, today I learned. Now I get it! I just didn't make the connection at first because I had actually been to the New Jersey varient. :D
Yeah, I live near Haddonfield, NJ. That's the only Haddonfield I could think of. I was very confused. But, look! They're having a Fall Festival, so maybe that brings us back to the original topic. :cool:

haddonfield_fall_festival.jpg

https://downtownhaddonfield.com/events-entries/fall-festival-craft-show-october/

• Winner
Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟860,379.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well since the pagans in this forum are always so nice about Christianity, I'll go ahead and celebrate the Equinox. I'll go to Starbucks and have one of those overpriced pumpkin-flavored whatevers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wait, are they serving subs and Taylor Ham?
Information about the menu is sadly lacking on their web site. Various arts and crafts, though. The quirkiest artisan I've seen is "Jersey Plate Art", which cuts up and rearranges license plates to spell things like "Jersey Girl" and "No 1 Dad and Pop-Pop".

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Information about the menu is sadly lacking on their web site. Various arts and crafts, though. The quirkiest artisan I've seen is "Jersey Plate Art", which cuts up and rearranges license plates to spell things like "Jersey Girl" and "No 1 Dad and Pop-Pop".

So Haddonfield is southern Jersey and I'm northern. There's supposed to be a cultural divide but maybe it's not as big as I thought since you didn't counter my sub and Taylor Ham with hoagie and pork roll.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So Haddonfield is southern Jersey and I'm northern. There's supposed to be a cultural divide but maybe it's not as big as I thought since you didn't counter my sub and Taylor Ham with hoagie and pork roll.
For the record, I believe Noah lived in [what is now] New Jersey before the Flood.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I missed it completely, oops. :oops: I'm an immigrant from Virginia, so even though I've lived in South Jersey 20+ years, there are bits of the culture that will never be mine. I did wonder why you misspelled "hoagie" :), but I confess I had to google "Taylor Ham" -- never heard of it under either of its names. Smithfield ham or Carolina barbecue, now that's something I could talk about. I will always be a foreigner here, alas.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I think the thing that took the most getting used to in NJ was how every town sort of blurs together. Where I live I'm in about equidistant from Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and travel to those places regularly but there and every town in between in punctuated by large corn and soybean fields so it's clear when you're out in the country. NJ feels like the opposite, though I do also remember being surprised at how much natural beauty there was. It was a perspective adjustment for me. Even if you're close to the metro areas you can still find wooded areas to get away to.

Upvote 0