Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
http://www.wftv.com/news/4608901/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news

What are you thoughs about this??

Examiner Backs Up Contention Schiavo Was In Persistent Vegetative State

UPDATED: 4:40 pm EDT June 15, 2005

LARGO, Fla. -- A lawyer for Michael Schiavo says the autopsy results on Schiavo's brain-damaged wife back up what he's been saying for years.

Attorney George Felos pointed out that the doctors who performed the autopsy concluded that the results released Wednesday were "very consistent" with a persistent vegetative state. He said that confirms what Michael Schiavo had been saying -- that his wife had no hope of recovery.

Felos also pointed to the finding that Terri Schiavo was blind. He said this refutes the claims by the woman's parents that she was able to see them and react to them.

And, Felos said, the autopsy confirmed that Terri Schiavo hadn't been physically abused. He said Michael Schiavo is "pleased" to hear the "hard science."

He also said Schiavo plans to release autopsy photos of his wife's brain, which doctors said had atrophied to the point that it was just half of normal size.

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If she had been on life support rather than a life sustaining IV of food, I would support the idea of a vindication. But, they starved this woman to death by removing a feeding tube from someone who could breath and whose heart could beat without assistance. God can and does perform miracles today, and our inhumane treatment of this woman may cause serious ramifications since all of God's people have a purpose. John 9 (entire chapter) deals with this specific issue. God has a plan for us regarding those less fortunate. I would think that the man born blind, should he have not met Jesus and had lived today, would have had a medical vindication as well regarding his lack of sight. This medical assessment says nothing other than the fact that she was not going to get better on her own since the human body cannot replace neurons once the cell body is destroyed. But, can any of us live without God? Is it any more miraculous that we live than it would have been for her to regain her vigor and mind? Life on this planet is a miracle. The laws of physics that we have observed contradict the possibility of life. This is why it is so difficult for science to find a plausible telling of how we came to be. Complex organisms do not mysteriously form out of nothing. Order decays into disorder in nature without external forces. The complex beings and nature on this planet are miraculous because God transcended the rules of earth to create us. If God could do all of this, surely he could rejuvenate the mind of a young girl like Terri. Instead, we acted and took away a highly visible way that God could have acted by killing a woman who could not feed herself by refusing to give her food. This was not humane, it was state-legislated murder by a man that had moved on to another woman committing adultery.

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To compare any human being made in God's image to vegetation is a travesty. Well, except for couch potatoes. She was in that state for 15 years so it's silly to think any evidence of past abuse would exist.

Upvote 0

Filia Mariae

Senior Contributor
Jul 27, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
daveleau said:
If she had been on life support rather than a life sustaining IV of food, I would support the idea of a vindication. But, they starved this woman to death by removing a feeding tube from someone who could breath and whose heart could beat without assistance. God can and does perform miracles today, and our inhumane treatment of this woman may cause serious ramifications since all of God's people have a purpose. John 9 (entire chapter) deals with this specific issue. God has a plan for us regarding those less fortunate. I would think that the man born blind, should he have not met Jesus and had lived today, would have had a medical vindication as well regarding his lack of sight. This medical assessment says nothing other than the fact that she was not going to get better on her own since the human body cannot replace neurons once the cell body is destroyed. But, can any of us live without God? Is it any more miraculous that we live than it would have been for her to regain her vigor and mind? Life on this planet is a miracle. The laws of physics that we have observed contradict the possibility of life. This is why it is so difficult for science to find a plausible telling of how we came to be. Complex organisms do not mysteriously form out of nothing. Order decays into disorder in nature without external forces. The complex beings and nature on this planet are miraculous because God transcended the rules of earth to create us. If God could do all of this, surely he could rejuvenate the mind of a young girl like Terri. Instead, we acted and took away a highly visible way that God could have acted by killing a woman who could not feed herself by refusing to give her food. This was not humane, it was state-legislated murder by a man that had moved on to another woman committing adultery.

:thumbsup: :amen:

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I hope this is not moved, b/c it certainly is noce to have conversations with Christians, unlike News and Current Events where "anyone" can participate.

I guess I have one comment on the subject.

I don't know every intricate detail of this story, but with news of the autopsy I do feel that it was best she has now passed on...with that being said, her husband certainly did not paint a pretty portrait having stayed married to Terri while shacking with another woman. It is stories like this in which one person (Michael) ruined his side of the story by actions in his personal life...I would be ready to side with Terri and keeping her alive knowing what I know about him....Now had he been portrayed as a devoted husband (till death do we part) then I would have been more open to his side.

Isn't it unfortunate how people can truly ruin their testimony by their own lives? Kinda like the Michael Jackson thing. I truly feel compelled to not have an opinion b/c (!) I know the man is "different" and (2) the mother of the accuser has a history of being money hungry...without these two facts, it sure would be easy to justify claiming someone as gulity right off the bat.

Now to keep this on a Christian perspective (ahem) within our forum, I guess we can ask ourselves this ..."If we were on trial for being a Christian, would we be found guilty?" ;)

Upvote 0

bleechers

Christ Our Passover!
Apr 8, 2004
Alabama
Visit site
✟1,509.00
Faith
Christian
Her husband is an adulterous jerk.

Apart from that, the situation was complex. The autopsy seems to confirm the belief of many that she wasn't there. I think starvation (particularly no water) was cruel, but death was inevitable.

I was saddened by the whole thing, but even more sad that Jim Dobson handed his airwaves over to those who profess a false gospel and he never once corrected their errors on the air.

Sad all around.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.