Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need some recommendations for a good autobiography to read. Open to anything/any author really.
"The Diary of a Young Girl: by Ann Frank is considered a classic. Or Corrie Tan Boon "The Hiding Place". Or "Tortured for Christ" if you want a male perspective. Acts in the Bible is a sort of autobiography of the church. The "Epic of Gilgamesh"
could be of interest. If you are looking for a free book on the internet then you could do "
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" by Benjamin Franklin.

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I was a girl, I picked up an autobiography written by opera singer Placido Domingo. You know him as one of "The Three Tenors." That album, whose exact title is
"Carreras Domingo Pavarotti," happens to be the number-one selling classical music album of all time. But getting back to the autobiography of Placido Domingo, something made me think as I opened it to the first page, "I'll bet Placido Domingo doesn't start a single sentence of this autobiography with the word 'I.'" And do you know, I read the whole thing, and he did not start a single sentence with the word 'I.' If you would like to read it, the title is "My First Forty Years."

Upvote 0

Anna Therese

May 18, 2018
USA
✟19,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I need some recommendations for a good autobiography to read. Open to anything/any author really.

St. Augustine’s Confessions is excellent. Also, Story of A Soul, the autobiography of St. Therese de Lisieux.

Reactions: Athanasius7
Upvote 0

Athanasius7

Manalive
Mar 1, 2004
Hazard, Kentucky
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
G.K. Chesterton's Autobiography would be my favorite. :) I especially love his opening sentence:

Bowing down in blind credulity, as is my custom, before mere authority and the tradition of the elders, superstitiously swallowing a story I could not test at the time by experiment or private judgment, I am firmly of opinion that I was born on the 29th of May, 1874, on Campden Hill, Kensington...​

Upvote 0