Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I noticed this article, though didn't read yet: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...xodus-of-americas-health-care-workers/620713/

Is it because of the instances we saw of ICU nurses and doctors frustrated by patients that were unvaccinated getting angry at them, the doctors and nurses!, when told they had Covid?

It would be hard to serve someone that is disrespecting you like that. It would be a true act of sacrificial aid or love, and the thing is, how much can a person do, for how long? Maybe with Christ, for years, but many don't have Christ.

----------
Also, here's an excerpt:
Last December, at the height of the winter surge, she cared for a patient who had caught the coronavirus after being pressured into a Thanksgiving dinner. Their lungs were so ruined that only a hand-pumped ventilation bag could supply enough oxygen. Alexander squeezed the bag every two seconds for 40 minutes straight to give the family time to say goodbye. Her hands cramped and blistered as the family screamed and prayed. When one of them said that a miracle might happen, Alexander found herself thinking, I am the miracle. I’m the only person keeping your loved one alive. (Cassie Alexander is a pseudonym that she has used when writing a book about these experiences. I agreed to use that pseudonym here.)
The senselessness of the death, and her guilt over her own resentment, messed her up. Weeks later, when the same family called to ask if the staff had really done everything they could, “it was like being punched in the gut,” she told me. She had given everything—to that patient, and to the stream of others who had died in the same room."

People lack common sense and courtesy. Care for others have waned and self is the only thing that matters now. That is why many don't want to help by getting the vaccine, they only care for themselves like Scriptures says in Matthew 24:12 and 2 Timothy 3:2 People will be lovers of themselves

Thank you Doctors and Nurses for your heroic work!

Indeed

• Agree
Reactions: helmut
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Going by this logic, if the unvaccinated take many hospital beds that are needed by others...what about all the obese people and people with diabetes, heart problems, blood problems, lung cancer patients. Majority are because people eat junk food, they do not eat health at all, they eat sugars all the time. I don't know about your country but in Slovakia 20-25% of the health budget goes to treatment of diabetes, which 90% of time can be avoided if people ate properly. And what about the chain smokers with lung cancers and other diseases?

I don't smoke, barely have any alcoholic drink, if so with food, I sport regularly, I decreased the consumption of sugars and red meat, and take daily vitamins D, zinc, eat my fruits and veg etc etc. Ofc I can still get ill, but I have vastly decrease risk of getting obese or getting diabetes. Why can't others do the same? Most obese and diabetes are because of their health choices. So by your logic we should put them under lockdown, until they reach certain weight, health etc. Because otherwise they will take too many hospital beds, which they already do and doctors and nurses are burned out because of them. (Yes I know they can't spread obesity, but they are more vulnerable to diseases which they can spread. Also the vaccine doesn't stop spreading of the virus).
Good post. I eat 4 almonds a day and they reckon it reduces, the risk of heart disease by 50%.

I can sometimes eat up to eleven vegetable on my dinner plate. Do the research on the nutritious vegetables and fruit, you will be surprised.

I plan on living to 150 years old.

Mwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟756,751.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The mean cost per day for an ICU ward is about $4400 per day in Australia.

https://www.mja.com.au/system/files/issues/211_07/mja250309.pdf

The median ICU length of stay for ICU patients with Covid in Australia was 26 days.

Outcomes for patients with COVID‐19 admitted to Australian intensive care units during the first four months of the pandemic.

In our study of patients admitted to ICUs during the first four months of the COVID‐19 pandemic in Australia, we found that mortality among invasively ventilated patients (22%) was markedly lower than reported overseas, despite the relatively high proportion of patients for whom final outcomes were known. Further, the median ICU length of stay (16 days) was longer than overseas (7–14 days),1,2,3 and 23% of invasively ventilated patients were in intensive care for 30 days or more.

This means that the median length of stay for an ICU patient for Covid costs the taxpayer about $70,000.

Apparently it is costing Australia about $5 billion for its 5 vaccine deals with manufacturers, and if I assume the same again for supporting costs eg. doctors, transport of vaccine and storage, administration, then for 25 million people to have 2 doses each works out around $800 per person. That's a ballpark guesstimate as I don't know the actual figure, but it's probably reasonable.

So if one person avoids ICU due to having been vaccinated, that saves the taxpayer about $69,000.

Put it this way - if somebody refuses the vaccine, and ends up in ICU as a result, should they pay the full cost for their own treatment? If not, why not?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The mean cost per day for an ICU ward is about $4400 per day in Australia.

https://www.mja.com.au/system/files/issues/211_07/mja250309.pdf

The median ICU length of stay for ICU patients with Covid in Australia was 26 days.

Outcomes for patients with COVID‐19 admitted to Australian intensive care units during the first four months of the pandemic.

This means that the median length of stay for an ICU patient for Covid costs the taxpayer about $70,000.

Apparently it is costing Australia about $5 billion for its 5 vaccine deals with manufacturers, and if I assume the same again for supporting costs eg. doctors, transport of vaccine and storage, administration, then for 25 million people to have 2 doses each works out around $800 per person. That's a ballpark guesstimate as I don't know the actual figure, but it's probably reasonable.

So if one person avoids ICU due to having been vaccinated, that saves the taxpayer about $69,000.

Put it this way - if somebody refuses the vaccine, and ends up in ICU as a result, should they pay the full cost for their own treatment? If not, why not?
Of course they should pay the tax payer back. If you took a poll across Australia it would probably return a 70% verdict. That these unvaccinated should pay the money back.

Elect me at the next federal election and I will take care of those people, once and for all.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom

For the reason others have said here. You'd be picking and choosing between others who have made bad health choices in what they eat or smoke and obesity and giving all those people a break so why pick on a covid patient? How can that be considered fair?

• Agree
Reactions: Ivan Hlavanda
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the reason others have said here. You'd be picking and choosing between others who have made bad health choices in what they eat or smoke and obesity and giving all those people a break so why pick on a covid patient? How can that be considered fair?

Couldn't agree more. Not to mention the 50 million aborted babies a year. Even criminals who are shot when they commit crime get treated....

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that the same place that come Feb ALL means all and thats all all means will have to take the vaccine? I hear about more coming down with covid but.. are the deaths up GOD FOR BID!

The fact that vaccinated or not.. a you still can get covid.. a bad case or like a preacher who tested YES yet.. never once felt a thing. This will not in anyway stop the WAVE... just odd.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,851.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Delta is new this year, but more than half people are vaccinated this year. So I am not sure if we should expect higher rates than last year. Its quite hard to make some certain conclusion what is going on. Too many variables.
Yes, my point was (with a view on the general discussion here) that vaccination is beneficial, and that the numbers do not say Biden was a failure. With Trump as winner and president, there would be less people vaccinated in the US, not to mention other factors ...

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,851.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But COVID is deadly only to a small part of population which already has some serious health problems. Thats why it seems so strange to force all to get the vaccine, IMHO.
Doctors who work in emergency rooms on covid-19 cases say otherwise. While health problems increase the rist of dying, the lethal cases are not confined to this group.

With vaccination (less than half a year ago) and healthy condition (as you described), the risk is very low. With the relevant health problems, it is higher, especially if you are not vaccinated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,851.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying I'm in favor of it but I'm just wondering why now the great resistance? Where was any of that before?
It has to do with greater mistrust in the government, exploited and amplified by figures like Trump.

Russia also has a part, spreading all kind of fake news with the objective to fire mistrust, disruption and radicalism. Putin has vowed to destroy the USA, and he certainly was pleased with Trump (though not with every single action of him, but with the "overall" result).

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,851.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the good Chancellor, if people won't help their fellow man and have no compassion than mandates are needed..
After reading this, I rated your post as "Like".

Those that can get the vaccine and refuse should be thrown in hard labor prisons until such time as they change their mind.
This let me undo my rating.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,851.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ofc I can still get ill, but I have vastly decrease risk of getting obese or getting diabetes. Why can't others do the same? Most obese and diabetes are because of their health choices. So by your logic we should put them under lockdown, until they reach certain weight, health etc.
Never heard that obesity is infectious ...

You may banish advertising unhealthy food, tobacco etc., this is like "spreading the illness" as unvaccinated people do ...

EDIT:

Also the vaccine doesn't stop spreading of the virus).
It doesn't stop, but it slows down. Banishing advertising for alcohol will not prevent every instance of a teenager starting to consume unhealthy food, drugs etc. But it helps. So does vaccination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,851.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This will not in anyway stop the WAVE...
It did help to soothe the waves, in many countries. Why do you think your country will be an exception?

Look at Israel - vaccination (and especially the "booster" (3rd) vaccination was the main achieve against covid-19. Those ultra-orthodox fanatics who did not believe such things had to mourn at the graves of their beloved ...

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never heard that obesity is infectious ...

You may banish advertising unhealthy food, tobacco etc., this is like "spreading the illness" as unvaccinated people do ...

I am not saying obesity is infectious. One, obesity which in most cases is avoidable by eating properly, bring lot of people to hospital and hospital beds. These hospital beds could then have been used by people who are waiting for cancer treatment, some have died because of it. Billions go to treatment of diabetes which is avoidable if people didn't consume so much sugar. The money could have been used to help to fund the collapsing health care system, which have been collapsing for years and years, and not only the last 18 months because of covid.

Obesity is not infectious, but it gives unhealthy liver and guts which are essential to avoid getting infections and diseases. But big pharmas don't make money out of it so this information is not in the media. Why? So many covid death could have been avoided if the media pushed such information, but all they talk about is the vaccine.

Banning alcohol and smoking advertising will do nothing, I agree. I talk about banning smoking and alcohol altogether. What good is smoking? Did you know alcohol causes 3 millions deaths a year? And many are caused by drunk drivers, drunk violent people etc. Why don't we ban alcohol? We would save 3 million deaths.

Are you sure the vaccine lower infection rates? 90% of UK adults are vaccinated, yet cases have doubled from last year. Gibraltar, 100% are vaccinated yet deaths per million is one of the highest in the world. There's many countries where vaccination is high and so are infections. So what infections do these vaccines prevent?

Upvote 0