Berlin
✟71,058.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I would rather say that the highest death rate was in winter. I think its much more related to viral problems than politics.

Now, when the winter is coming again, the numbers are very similar to the last year in these months, even higher.
United States COVID: 48,430,731 Cases and 789,746 Deaths - Worldometer

Look at the table "Daily New Deaths in the United States". The death rate is decreasing. In Europe, it is increasing, and this is the reason that Austria is introducing mandatory vaccination.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,212.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully the EU will kick that law back.
I pray.

mostly because no one should be coerced or forced into getting anything, ever.
I sincerely wonder what will happen if somebody from Austria who will be forced to get vaccinated will appeal to the EU court.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,212.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
United States COVID: 48,430,731 Cases and 789,746 Deaths - Worldometer

Look at the table "Daily New Deaths in the United States". The death rate is decreasing. In Europe, it is increasing, and this is the reason that Austria is introducing mandatory vaccination.
The current trend is decreasing, but there is no certainity it will stay decreasing. If covid taught us something then its that its unpredictable in the short term, but quite predictable for the weather seasons.

For example, last year it was decreasing on October 12 and increasing again on October 20. One week and the trend changed.

But even though its now decreasing, its still higher than the last year this month.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,212.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope the court will rule according to sanity and reason and dismiss the appeal.
The sanity and reason are hard to define, because people are different and have different priorities.

For somebody, freedom is the priority. For another one, its safety.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟71,058.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The current trend is decreasing, but there is no certainity it will stay decreasing.
You are right.

But even though its now decreasing, its still higher than the last year this month.
But only slightly, despite the more infectious delta virus.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,212.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But only slightly, despite the more infectious delta virus.
Delta is new this year, but more than half people are vaccinated this year. So I am not sure if we should expect higher rates than last year. Its quite hard to make some certain conclusion what is going on. Too many variables.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why is immunity not talked about? What about the natural immunity of those who had the covid, which is better than the vaccine. I could go on and on.

Probably for this reason. They know everybody under the sun will be claiming they had covid and recovered from it which would lead to an unceasing back and forth of having to prove and verify.

They cannot make the vaccines mandatory, it's illegal and totalitarian. Also there is this thing called Nuremberg code, this is totally breaking it.

Sure but it'd probably go down in history as under normal circumstances we never would have done it BUT it reached a point we were left no choice. Maybe future historians might agree with them on this. I guess we don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,212.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems to me though if the other poster said 70% were unvaccinated it still would have improved the chances for ones being vaccinated. That would mean 30% were.
But what about the slim, healthy people who have been taking care about their overal condition the whole life?

To them, is vaccination statistically more helping or more harmful? What is more common? I cannot find any statistics about this.

I understand that for obese people or for unhealthy people, vaccination can lower the risk of serious COVID. But most healthy people do not even know they got COVID.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Another just simply stated that if you were vaccined and over the age of 70, your life expectancy is now around 3 years, 50 and over you have about 5 or 6 years left, and if around 30, don't look forward to 40.

Sorry OP but OK people reading this you instill within them a mental state of terror, their lives get full of anxiety and despair and another seeking to comfort them asks them who told you this....and they reply saying well the guy telling me that said it was just ANOTHER? There's just something that doesn't seem fair about presenting things this way.

Now let's assume we have the Doctors name. Does that mean he's off limits for any rebuttal to be taken seriously just because he said something negative one is prone to want to believe it? Look I'm vaccinated but am not convinced everything is wonderful with the vaccine. I do not however want to be in a place where I don't accept other people are being dishonest when they offer rebuttals.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hopefully the EU will kick that law back.
I pray.

mostly because no one should be coerced or forced into getting anything, ever.
I appreciate your point. But why has this not been a big deal for many, many years. When I was a kid in the 1960's they lined us up in the hallways at school to get the latest vaccine. Happened a few times. And don't schools insist even today that kids be vaccinated for other things? I'm not saying I'm in favor of it but I'm just wondering why now the great resistance? Where was any of that before?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟145,212.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your point. But why has this not been a big deal for many, many years. When I was a kid in the 1960's they lined us up in the hallways at school to get the latest vaccine. Happened a few times. And don't schools insist even today that kids be vaccinated for other things? I'm not saying I'm in favor of it but I'm just wondering why now the great resistance? Where was any of that before?
Many people are vaccinated against deadly diseases, myself included.

But COVID is deadly only to a small part of population which already has some serious health problems. Thats why it seems so strange to force all to get the vaccine, IMHO.

Lets suppose there is some hypothetical virus that kills 20% of heavy smokers and 0.001% of others. And all people would have to get vaccinated because of that and risk complications from the vaccine. It seems unfair to be forced to do that and I can understand that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Delta is new this year, but more than half people are vaccinated this year. So I am not sure if we should expect higher rates than last year. Its quite hard to make some certain conclusion what is going on. Too many variables.
I think the increasing cold weather will push people crowded indoors and will make a surge, which will of course kill a lot of unvaccinated people. That said, surges in an area often rise for 2 months locally, then subside in that local area. The nation has so many areas it will also have that 4 month periodocity to some extent, but more than one area wave can overlap, getting a complex pattern. Overall deaths will be less than last winter by far due to vaccinating about 70%.

• Informative
Reactions: helmut
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It has to do with the whole general population

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alexander Schallenberg said that 'for too long' the government assumed herd immunity could be achieved voluntarily and that it is now time to 'face up to reality' by requiring people to protect themselves

I agree with the good Chancellor, if people won't help their fellow man and have no compassion than mandates are needed. Those that can get the vaccine and refuse should be thrown in hard labor prisons until such time as they change their mind. Maybe the unvaccinated need to get sick, die for people to take this seriously and get the vaccine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟83,831.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably for this reason. They know everybody under the sun will be claiming they had covid and recovered from it which would lead to an unceasing back and forth of having to prove and verify.

You can get your antibodies tested, that will prove whether you had it or not. The antibodies are very strong the first 3 months, and they are strong after first year also. Will all these vaccination passports, why isn't a proof of antibodies enough? Let's say you can prove you had the virus in the past 12 months and you have the antibodies test, surely that's as good as the vaccination status.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
  • Austria has become the first European country to make Covid vaccines mandatory amid brutal wave of virus
  • From February 1 everyone will be need to be jabbed or else face unspecified 'penalties', chancellor has said
  • Alexander Schallenberg said that 'for too long' the government assumed herd immunity could be achieved voluntarily and that it is now time to 'face up to reality' by requiring people to protect themselves
  • Also announced new lockdown to start Monday, with people only allowed to leave home for 'essential' reasons
  • European leaders are rushing to impose new restrictions as it was revealed the continent's one-day case toll topped the previous wave yesterday, with 310,000 infections logged compared to 290,000 this time last year
Europe's Covid crisis: Austria makes vaccines mandatory for EVERYONE | Daily Mail Online

What are people's thoughts of this? Personally I think no government or anyone else has a right to do this. Some tough times ahead. Then again, if we are mere moments from Jesus' return, things are only going to get worse. Hold tight to Jesus, He is our only hope and salvation. Trust Him with all your heart!
They took a gamble on herd immunity and lost. They only had 65% of the population vaccinated and that is too low.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟83,831.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the increasing cold weather will push people crowded indoors and will make a surge, which will of course kill a lot of unvaccinated people. That said, surges in an area often rise for 2 months locally, then subside in that local area. The nation has so many areas it will also have that 4 month periodocity to some extent, but more than one area wave can overlap, getting a complex pattern. Overall deaths will be less than last winter by far due to vaccinating about 70%.

Going by this logic, if the unvaccinated take many hospital beds that are needed by others...what about all the obese people and people with diabetes, heart problems, blood problems, lung cancer patients. Majority are because people eat junk food, they do not eat health at all, they eat sugars all the time. I don't know about your country but in Slovakia 20-25% of the health budget goes to treatment of diabetes, which 90% of time can be avoided if people ate properly. And what about the chain smokers with lung cancers and other diseases?

I don't smoke, barely have any alcoholic drink, if so with food, I sport regularly, I decreased the consumption of sugars and red meat, and take daily vitamins D, zinc, eat my fruits and veg etc etc. Ofc I can still get ill, but I have vastly decrease risk of getting obese or getting diabetes. Why can't others do the same? Most obese and diabetes are because of their health choices. So by your logic we should put them under lockdown, until they reach certain weight, health etc. Because otherwise they will take too many hospital beds, which they already do and doctors and nurses are burned out because of them. (Yes I know they can't spread obesity, but they are more vulnerable to diseases which they can spread. Also the vaccine doesn't stop spreading of the virus).

Upvote 0