Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's a worthwhile point and deserves consideration. However, two qualifications immediately come to mind.

1. When some tyranny has descended upon a nation or people in the past, the course of events has usually been that, first, there's some mild regulation that comes with an explanation, then there's something a little bit more confining, than after awhile the camps and deportations appear...and the people victimized never thought it would go that far.
I don't see a development that would end up in a tyranny. I se that there are nations where the people are guaranteed their "freedom", which caused thousands of deaths (US under Trump, Brazil under Bolzonaro ...).

And when I see some actions of those who attacks the governments that act responsibly, they rather look like tyrants that just have not got their chance to rule. In Germany, a Querfront is the strongest factor, see English Wikipedia about this kind of movement.

2. The idea I'll call "Not here. Not in this free country. Maybe in some other place, but we're not like that" was also in evidence.
I don't say "not in this country. I see a danger, that positions like you together with more radical positions in the future may lead to a tyranny.

Never heard the antisemitic subtones in part of the anti-vaccination camp?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't see a development that would end up in a tyranny.
That's what they always think. But you cited a historical precedent and the historical record shows such assumptions to be naive.

I don't say "not in this country." . I see a danger, that positions like you together with more radical positions in the future may lead to a tyranny.
I think you DID say essentially what "not in this country," does, though. You specifically exempted Austria from the pattern we're looking at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

OnePath

Oct 26, 2021
Texas
✟2,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not just personal benefit. I probably will never get in such a situation (but who knows?), but certainly many will die if nothing is done against the pandemic. I think about these victims in general.

I even thought of formulating my text as if you were the one who needed an intensive care, but since you don't live in a country with a situation comparable to Austria, I refrained from that.

I still don't understand how you can consider vaccination that bad as to call it tyranny to have it mandatory. What about
  • forcing drivers to drive on one side (UK left, A right) of the street? Unlike vaccination, this a permanent thing to do, not just one visit ...
  • Forcing house owners to make their buildings fire-proof? Unlike vaccination, this is rather costly (expensive) ...
These are just two of hundreds of regulation that are more severe than mandatory vaccination, and so any government that imposes such rules should be (according to what you right here) called a tyranny.

This equivication is truly disgusting. I think it's likely we've all known people with the virus, I've even had one I know die, who was vaccinated btw. Sure, I looked at it, even sought the advice of my doctor. He told me that he wasn't getting it, and the doctors he works with aren't getting it and if it becomes required then he'll just retire. He also told me that in his circle, the doctors are expecting millions of vaccine-related deaths in the next 3 to 5 years, and more likely 10's of millions or more deaths worldwide should the vaccine become mandatory. He also mentioned that they were threatened with termination if they came out and spoke their concerns publically.

I also read papers by immunologists who warned of many vaccinated people developing prion diseases in the next few years, especially if using the Pfizer version, even stating the lucky ones will get away with only developing type 1 diabetes.

About 9 months ago, another stating that the vaccines had to wait until the virus made at least two cycles through the population so it's no longer in an innate escape condition. Otherwise, the virus will become trapped in a state wher it can't be fought off. The vaccinated will become breeding grounds for even more deadly variants of the virus and become the spreaders, killing both vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. They would require constant 'boosters' (which aren't boosters at all), for the remainder of their lives, to try to keep them alive. At that point, the only way to rid ourselves of the virus would be for all the vaccinated to die off. He even added that if the vaccine is applied to the kids while the virus is in that state, then it becomes a potential extinction level event. Quite the prophetic statement f you ask me.

Another just simply stated that if you were vaccined and over the age of 70, your life expectancy is now around 3 years, 50 and over you have about 5 or 6 years left, and if around 30, don't look forward to 40.

You're not saving the life of anyone by wanting the vaccine mandated. No one. In fact, you are probably tacitly endorsing the death of millions, and worse, through the means of governmental tyranny.

Reactions: Stan Ley
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
compare the antisemitc lies 100 years ago with the current lies about vaccination ...

oh there is plenty of lies about the vaccines, for example like in my country they politicians says 'vaccine is a freedom' rings a bell? or there is no other way to fight against to covid just the vaccine.

And why are they vaccinated kids who have more chance to die of flu, why is the flu jab not mandatory? Why they don't listen so scientific advisors who tell the government not to vaccinate under 15s, not they vaccinate the 5 year olds because pfizer said so. Pfizer who already lost billions in lawsuits, including bribing doctors and falsifying trial results, but all of the sudden they are not reliable if you die or have side effects from the vaccine.

John 8 is not about governments, but it teaches that every human since the fall is a child of satan unless they are forgiven and Jesus adapts them, then they are children of God.

Yes we are meant to listen to government unless they go against God. Last year they forbade people from visiting a Church, now with mandatory vaccines they will do the same but they have no right to do that, neither do they have a right to force vaccines into people.

One day, it will be mandatory to take the mark of the beast. Then what? Otherwise you are danger to everyone else. Will you take it too? And no the vaccine is not the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That's what they always think. But you cited a historical precedent and the historical record shows such assumptions to be naive.
The historical precedent precedent is somewhat different than you think.

Did you know that the Nazis also spoke of an opression thy wanted to act against?
  • The Nazis distributed lies - as the Querdenker movement in Germany, the main group (with the Neo-Nazis in its core) that orchestrates the protest against "corona measures" in Germany.
  • They spread distrust in the government .- as the Querdenker movement does.
  • They harassed those who spoke against them - as the Querdenker leading figures (and a growing numbers of followers) do.
The Querdenker openly say that they want to punish their opponents, even hang them (which means they want introduce death penalty?)

So I see a pattern - if those who now oppose the vaccinations, because of lies how dangerous it is will get intom power, 1933 may happen again.

I think you DID say essentially what "not in this country," does, though. You specifically exempted Austria from the pattern we're looking at.
I did not say Austria is an exemption, I deny your pattern, because I see another pattern. We don't have 1934, when the Nazis were in power, we are rather at 1929, when the Nazis were too week to let anyone suspect they could come to power. And if you don't understand who is meant by the "Nazis not yet in power", start reading this post again, from the start.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The historical precedent precedent is somewhat different than you think.
I didn't challenge the view that the descent into tyranny begins with claims or beliefs on the part of the soon-to-be oppressors that it is they or the country that is under some threat.

So I see a pattern - if those who now oppose the vaccinations, because of lies how dangerous it is will get intom power, 1933 may happen again.

I did not say Austria is an exemption, I deny your pattern....
It appeared in several different posts.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This equivication is truly disgusting. I think it's likely we've all known people with the virus, I've even had one I know die, who was vaccinated btw.
Well, this is a rather rare case. Just saw a report from a small hospital - 19 covid-19 patients in intensive care, only one vaccinated, and this one had a higher risk (low immune system because of organ transplantation, which required some immune repression). And this is the picture everywhere.

He also told me that in his circle, the doctors are expecting millions of vaccine-related deaths in the next 3 to 5 years,
Reminds me of the warning of one doctor: "In September, all those who now get vaccinated, will be dead." Well, he was wrong, obviously.

I trust those experts who made correct prediction. Not those lies as you are spreading.

You're not saving the life of anyone by wanting the vaccine mandated. No one. In fact, you are probably tacitly endorsing the death of millions, and worse, through the means of governmental tyranny.
Well, there are plenty of studies about covid-19 vaccination by now, in many countries. And many statistical effects that are obvious, that show that vaccination did already save million of lives.

If no-one were vaccinated in Germany, but the same number of people got infected, we would have a death rate several times higher than the actual number today!

I am German, I am interested in history, this inevitably lead to some acquaintance with what the Nazis did and how they got into power.

And therefore I warn you: If happens what you wish, when you may get aware of the fact that what you told me are just blatant lies, it may be too late and the "corona deniers" and their friends have already installed the tyranny they claim to fight against.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Common sense and common courtesy only go so far.

The last hospital I was working at recently, over 70% of under-50s in there with Covid weren't vaccinated. So like an Austrian politician said last week ahead of the lockdown for unvaccinated citizens, the majority shouldn't be penalised because of the selfishness of the minority.

Many people have done their part but unfortunately some haven't and it's becoming too big of an issue to avoid.

The way I see this is like having speed limits and legal ramifications for violating them. They exist because common sense and common courtesy are seldom common; because people can't always be trusted to do the right thing, so intervention is required.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,001.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The last hospital I was working at recently, over 70% of under-50s in there with Covid weren't vaccinated.
Were they mostly obese, smoking or having other civilization diseases like diabetes?

Must healthy people who care about their health and immunity risk vaccination complications or even death to protect people who generally do not care about their own health or longevity?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Because I thought you spoke of what happens now.

And you look on the wrong pattern.

In 1931, there were plenty of reasons to criticize the government. Many scandals, an austerity policy which worsened the economic depression to a level higher than in almost any other country in the world, ...

... and those who presented themselves as the rescue from this rotten system, the movement which would free Germany from the oppression by the winners of WW I, and from the Jewish-controlled government.

Sounds familiar? The government is demonized, there is a movement which promises an escape from tyranny, and at the same time does everything to ruin the country: the worse the situation, the higher the likelihood that you may get the government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go to a hospital and take a look at the effect Covid has on the staff. When you have a hospital full of Covid patients, you lose beds for all the "regular" stuff. My hospital is running on 60-70% of the needed staff. This means that the staff that is left is burned out and now they are looking to leave the medical field. That means even fewer beds to be staffed.
I noticed this article, though didn't read yet: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...xodus-of-americas-health-care-workers/620713/

Is it because of the instances we saw of ICU nurses and doctors frustrated by patients that were unvaccinated getting angry at them, the doctors and nurses!, when told they had Covid?

It would be hard to serve someone that is disrespecting you like that. It would be a true act of sacrificial aid or love, and the thing is, how much can a person do, for how long? Maybe with Christ, for years, but many don't have Christ.

----------
Also, here's an excerpt:
Last December, at the height of the winter surge, she cared for a patient who had caught the coronavirus after being pressured into a Thanksgiving dinner. Their lungs were so ruined that only a hand-pumped ventilation bag could supply enough oxygen. Alexander squeezed the bag every two seconds for 40 minutes straight to give the family time to say goodbye. Her hands cramped and blistered as the family screamed and prayed. When one of them said that a miracle might happen, Alexander found herself thinking, I am the miracle. I’m the only person keeping your loved one alive. (Cassie Alexander is a pseudonym that she has used when writing a book about these experiences. I agreed to use that pseudonym here.)
The senselessness of the death, and her guilt over her own resentment, messed her up. Weeks later, when the same family called to ask if the staff had really done everything they could, “it was like being punched in the gut,” she told me. She had given everything—to that patient, and to the stream of others who had died in the same room."

Thank you Doctors and Nurses for your heroic work!

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And why are they vaccinated kids who have more chance to die of flu, why is the flu jab not mandatory? Why they don't listen so scientific advisors who tell the government not to vaccinate under 15s, not they vaccinate the 5 year olds because pfizer said so.
In Europe, it is somewhat different from the situation in the US. The US agency (FDA?) made an emergency admission (could not find Notfallzulassung in a dictionary, nor did wiki help, but I hope you understand what I mean). In the EU, the regular admission has stricter rules, therefore a vaccines gets certified in the EU weeks later than in the US.

And btw., it is not Pfizer, it is Bio'n'Tech. A rather small German company, founded to develop vaccination against cancer, and hen the first news about covid-19 come, they saw their method could be used to develop a vaccine against covid-19. Only in the last step (much testing in order to get he vaccine certified), they needed some hundred million $ (or €) and started a cooperation with Pfizer.

John 8 is not about governments, but it teaches that every human since the fall is a child of satan unless they are forgiven and Jesus adapts them, then they are children of God.
According to God's standards, nobody does any good, according to human standard, there ere persons who act in a good way, and you can find such people in believers and unbelievers. Remember the guy who said "I kept every command in the law!", and Jesus looked at him and loved him ?

So John 8 does not invalidate what I cited from Romans.

One day, it will be mandatory to take the mark of the beast. Then what? Otherwise you are danger to everyone else. Will you take it too? And no the vaccine is not the mark of the beast.
May be the mark of the beast is related to a RFC chip - there are already people who let them implant such a chip under the skin ...

And please be not too much embarrassed if the beast got big by making propaganda against vaccination!

I don't say it will be so, but it is more probable that the beast is related to "corona denying" and the like, than the link you hinted at.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,001.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
there are nations where the people are guaranteed their "freedom", which caused thousands of deaths (US under Trump, Brazil under Bolzonaro ...).
US under Biden has the same rate of deaths as under Trump. Its not so much about the president in the office but rather if its summer or winter.

USA has again 100k new cases daily and cca 1.500 deaths daily. Very similar numbers to the ones year ago.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I read it, and though the situation in Europe is far better than in the US, much of what I read sounds familiar. To a lesser degree, medical workers in Germany (and other countries) are in a comparably situation. Overworked, frustrated of patient who deny the existence of covid-19 while they are dying of it, frustrated by the experience that because of overworking they do make mistakes (that was a theme in report from Switzerland on TV just this afternoon), and while people have applauded to them, they still get only poor payment ...

Thank you Doctors and Nurses for your heroic work!
Thats not enough. They need higher payment, and better working conditions.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
  • Austria has become the first European country to make Covid vaccines mandatory amid brutal wave of virus
  • From February 1 everyone will be need to be jabbed or else face unspecified 'penalties', chancellor has said
  • Alexander Schallenberg said that 'for too long' the government assumed herd immunity could be achieved voluntarily and that it is now time to 'face up to reality' by requiring people to protect themselves
  • Also announced new lockdown to start Monday, with people only allowed to leave home for 'essential' reasons
  • European leaders are rushing to impose new restrictions as it was revealed the continent's one-day case toll topped the previous wave yesterday, with 310,000 infections logged compared to 290,000 this time last year
Europe's Covid crisis: Austria makes vaccines mandatory for EVERYONE | Daily Mail Online

What are people's thoughts of this? Personally I think no government or anyone else has a right to do this. Some tough times ahead. Then again, if we are mere moments from Jesus' return, things are only going to get worse. Hold tight to Jesus, He is our only hope and salvation. Trust Him with all your heart!

As so many people have been saying for the past 1,5 years ”this is not about the virus this is about tyranny”
Healthy people don’t belong in quaranteens and healthy people don’t need jabs to fight against anything. These so called scientists think they can do better than God. This is about money and control. If people can’t see it, well I have no words.

Actually I have few words: Do you really think Bill Gates cares about you? Or any other billionars? Honestly?

• Agree
Reactions: Stan Ley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
US under Biden has the same rate of deaths as under Trump. Its not so much about the president in the office but rather if its summer or winter.
The highest death rate was in the end of Trumps term, and in the immediate aftermath, before Biden could achieve anything. In many other countries, the 4th wave is far worse than the former waves, so no higher numbers than spring 2020 (and lower numbers than first months 2021) is an achievement.

You did not take into account the different made by the appearance of the "delta variant".

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,001.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The highest death rate was in the end of Trumps term, and in the immediate aftermath before Biden could achieve anything
I would rather say that the highest death rate was in winter. I think its much more related to viral problems than politics.

Now, when the winter is coming again, the numbers are very similar to the last year in these months, even higher.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟72,951.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Actually I have few words: Do you really think Bill Gates cares about you? Or any other billionars? Honestly?

The virus does not care for billionaires. The KCDC in Korea is not dependent on Gates, and many other institutions. It is not Gates (or other billionaires) you are arguing against, it is epidemiology, and virology.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,001.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They would not be billionares or their billions would have no value without other people and without functioning society and economy, so, yes, they do care, at least generally.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The EU parliament resolution no. 2361:

7.3.1 ensure that citizens are informed that the vaccination is not mandatory and that no one is under political, social or other pressure to be vaccinated if they do not wish to do so;

7.3.2 ensure that no one is discriminated against for not having been vaccinated, due to possible health risks or not wanting to be vaccinated;

https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html
Hopefully the EU will kick that law back.
I pray.

mostly because no one should be coerced or forced into getting anything, ever.

Upvote 0