Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Scott Bevan on ABCNews24? Sigh.

There were times I was yelling at the TV 'shut up, shut up, let me hear the prayers!'

Still, since I couldn't afford a plane ticket, it was nice of Aunty to bring it into my lounge room. I was at Randwick when she was beatified by JPII. That was awesome!

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Read somewhere where she is being called St Mary of the Southern Cross. :)

Just read her bio and what a lady! May God continue to bless her schools and her order. Imagine being excommunicated! What a woman!! Thank you Lord for her.

:clap: :clap: :clap: to St Mary MacKillop aka St Mary of the Cross!!

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
"Call to make Mary patron saint of the abused"

"ONE of the most respected Catholic commentators in the US, Jesuit Father James Martin, has urged the Vatican to make Mary MacKillop the patron saint of the abused."

and

"In an editorial, he called for victims of abuse to be given a patron to whom they can pray in their search for justice. The canonisation of ‘‘an Australian sister and foundress of a women’s religious order ... says a great deal about sanctity, about sin, about women in the church and, finally, about hope’’, he wrote. ‘‘Any whistleblower, particularly when addressing something as incendiary as sexual abuse, then or now, is bound to face serious, even extreme, opposition."

Call to make Mary patron saint of the abused

As I said, what a lady!!

God bless us all...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Magnus Maximus

Warrior
Jul 13, 2010
✟43,516.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0