WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The plebiscite mail has finally arrived my mail box. The 'Yes' side campaign (pro same sex marriage) is very strong, [staff edit]. Even some Catholics are endorsing same sex marriage.

That's why the National Association of Catholic Families is inviting Catholics to participate in
40 hours prayer and fasting, which was rarely seen in Australia.

PrayAndFast.jpg

We need your prayers, please pray for Australia. God will reward you in the future.
The result will be revealed in November.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This comment from an Orthodox rabbi explains it well:

No matter how unpopular it is to state this position, no amount of "clerical gymnastics" can change the fact that biblically there is only one form of marriage. And that is between a man and a woman. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either fooling themselves or fooling you.

In the biblical Garden of Eden, God created a man and a woman and their union was blessed. From this, would come all of humankind. So too, only a union that mirrors that potential for procreation is blessed with the title, "holy matrimony". The same God that teaches me to respect everyone, teaches me that marriage can only be between a man and a woman.

A "no" vote is not a vote against love. It is not a vote for discrimination. It is not a vote against the LGBTQI community. It is not a vote based on misguided homophobia. It is simply a vote of conscience that marriage should remain as people of faith believe God intended it.

The phraseology of the slogan, "marriage equality" is cleverly used. After all, who is not for equality? However, marriage has always been in our society as Holy matrimony between a man and a woman. Today some in society seek to change that definition. It is not an issue of equality but of definition.

As an Orthodox rabbi I will be voting no but it is not a vote against love

• Agree
Reactions: Tomm
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit].

I am not sure whether the barcode in your picture is the same as the unique barcode on your same-sex marriage survey form. I would suggest you take it down as soon as possible since the ABS has warned not to reveal the barcode online to avoid people using your barcode to vote as you.

Don't post your same-sex marriage forms on social media, ABS warns

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit,
Amen.

Petitions: That Our Lady will help ensure the success of the NO Campaign and protect the rights of families and and children. I also pray that Our Blessed Mother helps protect those afflicted with same-sex attraction, from being dragged further into slavery by a more pro-gay culture that will inevitably arise if the YES side succeeds.

Virgin most holy, accept my praise; give me strength to fight your foes

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Let us pray: O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit dost instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us by the same Spirit to relish what is right and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen

First Crown: The Crown of Excellence

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Blessed art thou, O Virgin Mary, who didst bear the Lord, the Creator of the world; thou didst give birth to Him Who made thee, and remainest a Virgin forever.

Rejoice, O Virgin Mary; Rejoice a thousand times!

Hail Mary...

O holy and immaculate Virgin, I know not with what praise to extol thee, since thou didst bear in thy womb the very One Whom the Heavens cannot contain.

Hail Mary...

Thou are all fair, O Virgin Mary, and there is no stain in thee.

Hail Mary...

Thy virtues, O Virgin, surpass the stars in number.

Glory Be...

Immaculate Mary, thy praises we sing,
Thou reignst now in Heaven with Jesus our King.
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria! Ave, Ave, Ave Maria!

Second Crown: The Crown of Power

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee O Empress of the world! Bring us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O treasure house of the Lord's graces! Grant us a share in thy riches.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mediatrix between God and man! Through thee may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who destroyest heresies and crushest demons! Be thou our loving guide.

Glory be...

In Heaven the Blessed thy glory proclaim,
On earth we thy children invoke thy fair name.

Third Crown: The Crown of Goodness

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O refuge of sinners! Intercede for us with God.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mother of orphans! Render the Almighty favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O joy of the just! Lead us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who are ever ready to assist us in life and death! Lead us with thee to the kingdom of Heaven!

Glory be...

We pray for our mother, the Church here upon earth
And bless, dearest Lady, the land of our birth.

Let us pray.

Hail, Mary, Daughter of God the Father; Hail, Mary, Mother of God the Son; Hail, Mary, Spouse of the Holy Ghost; Hail, Mary, Temple of the most Holy Trinity; Hail, Mary, my Mistress, my treasure, my joy, Queen of my heart; my Mother, my life, my sweetness, my dearest hope - yea, my heart and my soul!

I am all thine and all that I have is Thine, O Virgin blessed above all things! Let thy soul be in me to magnify the Lord; let thy spirit be in me to rejoice in God. Set thyself, O faithful Virgin, as a seal upon my heart, that in thee and through thee I may be found faithful to God. Receive me, O gracious Virgin, among those whom thou lovest and teachest, whom thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as thy children. Grant that for love of thee I may despise all earthly consolations and ever cling to those of Heaven, until through the Holy Spirit - your faithful Spouse - and through you - His faithful spouse - Jesus Christ your Son be formed in me for the glory of the Father. Amen.

We fly to your patronage,
O Holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us from all danger, O ever glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

Saint Michael Archangel,
defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil;
may God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God, cast into hell
Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Holy Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, pray for us!
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!
Our Lady of Sorrows, pray for us!
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!
Saint Joseph, pray for us!
Pope St. John Paul II, pray for us!
Saint Charles Lwanga, pray for us!
The Ugandan Martyrs, pray for us!

In the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit,
Amen.

• Prayers
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oh good, the debate in the prayer request on a Catholic sub-forum is over. I'll return to praying:

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
Amen.

Lord, have mercy on us.
R. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
R. Christ, graciously hear us.

God the Father of heaven,
R. have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
R. have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit,
R. have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God,
R. have mercy on us.

Holy Mary,
R. pray for us.
Holy Mother of God,
R. pray for us.
Holy Virgin of virgins,
R. pray for us.
Mother crucified,
R. pray for us.
Mother sorrowful,
R. pray for us.
Mother tearful,
R. pray for us.
Mother afflicted,
R. pray for us.
Mother forsaken,
R. pray for us.
Mother desolate,
R. pray for us.
Mother bereft of thy Son,
R. pray for us.
Mother pierced with a sword,
R. pray for us.
Mother consumed with grief,
R. pray for us.
Mother filled with anguish,
R. pray for us.
Mother crucified in heart,
R. pray for us.
Mother most sad,
R. pray for us.
Fountain of tears,
R. pray for us.
Mass of suffering,
R. pray for us.
Mirror of patience,
R. pray for us.
Rock of consistency,
R. pray for us.
Anchor of confidence,
R. pray for us.
Refuge of the forsaken,
R. pray for us.
Shield of the oppressed,
R. pray for us.
Subduer of the unbelieving,
R. pray for us.
Comfort of the wretched,
R. pray for us.
Medicine of the sick,
R. pray for us.
Strength of the weak,
R. pray for us.
Harbor of the wrecked,
R. pray for us.
Allay of tempests,
R. pray for us.
Resource of mourners,
R. pray for us.
Terror of the treacherous,
R. pray for us.
Treasure of the faithful,
R. pray for us.
Eye of the prophets,
R. pray for us.
Staff of Apostles,
R. pray for us.
Crown of martyrs,
R. pray for us.
Light of Confessors
R. pray for us.
Pearl of Virgins,
R. pray for us.
Consolation of widows,
R. pray for us.
Joy of all Saints,
R. pray for us.

Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world,
R. spare us, O Jesus.
R. graciously hear us, O Jesus.
R. have mercy on us, O Jesus.

Look down upon us, deliver us from all trouble in the power of Jesus Christ. Amen

Imprint, O Lady, thy wound upon my heart, that I may read therein sorrow and love: sorrow, to endure every sorrow for thee; love, to despise every love for thee.

Creed. Hail Holy Queen, 3 Hail Marys

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
Amen.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
18-year-old Aussie loses her job for saying 'it's OK to vote no' on same-sex 'marriage'
CANBERRA, Australia, September 20, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) — An Australian children’s entertainment company fired a young woman for saying on social media “it’s OK to vote ‘no’” in the country’s current referendum on same-sex “marriage.”

Capital Kids Parties owner Madlin Sims may have violated discrimination laws in firing an 18-year-old because Sims said her former employee’s view amounted to hate speech, The Guardian reported.

The young woman known thus far as Madeline said in various media interviews that she was let go because her Christian view did not allow her to vote yes in Australia’s voluntary postal survey on gay “marriage.” The plebiscite runs from September 12 through November 7.

Continued reading: 18-year-old Aussie loses her job for saying ‘it’s OK to vote no’ on same-sex ‘marriage’

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT

This thread has undergone a clean. Please read the SOP of the area before posting. In addition remember that in this area:

Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage:

The OBOB forum allows homosexuality and same sex marriage to be discussed, without promotion*, in it's main forum and sub forums. The Catechism of the Catholic Church documents the Catholic Churches position on homosexuality:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, 141tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - PART 3 SECTION 2 CHAPTER 2 ARTICLE 6

*Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

MOD HAT

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
f4957220e70cdd3c042d2f62f8eaa075.jpg

A faked image used by Channel 10

Last week, a same-sex marriage supporter claimed he’d found a single nasty “Stop the F*gs” poster in an alley in Melbourne’s Chinatown.

Activists and the media were ecstatic. Finally they could prove their opponents were just as nasty.

But the frenzied untruths that followed — with photographic evidence even FAKED by Channel 10 — only confirm the gay-marriage lobby and their media mates are the real hatemongers.

Click to Read Full Article

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,583,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good grief. People can say it is Christians who obsess but I think it is the other way around.
View attachment 208280
A faked image used by Channel 10

Last week, a same-sex marriage supporter claimed he’d found a single nasty “Stop the F*gs” poster in an alley in Melbourne’s Chinatown.

Activists and the media were ecstatic. Finally they could prove their opponents were just as nasty.

But the frenzied untruths that followed — with photographic evidence even FAKED by Channel 10 — only confirm the gay-marriage lobby and their media mates are the real hatemongers.

Click to Read Full Article

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm considering fasting, if not in October, than at least the last seven days of this plebiscite.
However, I need to finish regimenting my prayer life first, and consider how October is going before I commit myself to this.

Upvote 0