Visit site
✟49,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I don't like John Howard Work Choices Law-I'm looking for work&his LAW have made it just about imposible to let me get into the workforce-i am mildly disabled-genetics, but do everyone anyone else can, just takes me longer&i am below normal height. I also don't like the fact that John Howard wants to make this country run by Nuclear Power&recycle Sewage as Drinking Water.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have two sources which are a bit more informative and less biased then just ticks and crosses on the election. The official Salvation Army Election Statements and another from the ACL. Both of these were acquired from Captain Danielle Strickland's blog.

http://www.australiavotes.org/policies/index.php
http://www.justsalvos.com/index.php?page=events&id=9

the ACL website just states what the parties answered to a questionairre without comment.
The Salvos statements are just thought provoking questions about what the Bible says without actually speaking about any party policies of any political party.

Also the address both the parties addressed the Christians with:

http://www.acl.org.au/national/browse.stw?article_id=16243

Hope they will be useful. One final thing. God gave you a brain - that's why I like about these resources, they are pretty objectively, so you can make a decision on how you feel about these issues. You don't think like someone else does. These resources give you enough framework to start thinking for yourself instead of just a checklist.

God Bless and pray for the election!

Upvote 0

Anduril

Jan 16, 2005
✟725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
encouraging_angels said:
I don't like John Howard Work Choices Law-I'm looking for work&his LAW have made it just about imposible to let me get into the workforce-i am mildly disabled-genetics, but do everyone anyone else can, just takes me longer&i am below normal height. I also don't like the fact that John Howard wants to make this country run by Nuclear Power&recycle Sewage as Drinking Water.

I think you are mistaken on Workchoices. It actually makes it easier for people to find work because employers are more likely to employ people now that it is easier to dismiss them if they turn out to be unsuitable.

I don't know what your disability is exactly but if it takes you longer to do things then I think it will be a challenge for you to find work no matter which party is in Government, but certainly not impossible. Your height has nothing to do with it. Nearly everyone that I work with is below average height, although I'm above average so perhaps I'm a bit biased there.

It's more about how you present yourself, being pleasant, dressing smartly, being motivated and enthusiastic, those sorts of things. Also I noticed a few spelling and grammar errors in your post and some other posts you make. If you do that in your application or while on the job it doesn't look good at all. Not picking on you or anything, just trying to offer some advice.

In regards to the nuclear power and recycled drinking water, these is a negative attitude towards these from the general public however based on science they are actually perfectly safe. I would have no problem living next door to a nuclear reactor or drinking recycled water myself.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟13,806.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't want to live near a power plant, or drink recycled water. However have no real issue with recycled water for washing, showering (lol except for the kids who tend to drink the bath water - ew) gardening etc.

I just can't get used to the idea of drinking it. However that doesn't mean I will buy bottled water for drinking or get a tank I think I will just get over it if we end up having it. I do think something needs to be done about the water shortages.

Upvote 0

Anduril

Jan 16, 2005
✟725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The water we drink right now has probably been recycled many times, but I think we'll all be drinking recycled water one day. Water shortages are a problem and much of it is due to the Greens who have been opposing the construction of new dams for years. Now we're paying the price.

Upvote 0

ScMay

Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Or Godlessness has meant God is witholding rain...there's no need to blame everything on the Greens. They to my knowledge have never held the balance of power in the senate so I don't see where recycled water is caused by the Greens.
[For the purposes of replying to this I shall assume god is hypothetically true] Highly unlikely, the creator of the universe is unlikely to show his dislike of our behaviour via such an indirect and hard to interpret manner, especially through a method that could be explainable through other methods. Plus droughts are hapening all over the place, including the very pious (at least compared to the rest of the west) USA. Then we get into Africa where if god is causing the droughts he is a major jerk because he is making it extremely hard for those countries to get out of their poor conditions and causing massive death tolls, if he didn't cause theirs then did he cause ours? How do we tell which droughts god causes? Beware of blaming god for one natural disaster because then you leave him open for being blamed for ALL natural disasters unless you have clear criteria for what is 'gods punishment' and what is global warming or normal changes in weather patterns.

Besides it's probably a little insulting to a being with infinite intelligence to have us think this is the best he can do as far as sending a message goes. Humans could do it better, surely a god could too.

I think the more logical answer (regardless of belief or nonbelief) is that we just have a drought, nothing to do with sin or whatever, and dumb decisions in the past have meant we are suffering more than we should have. ATM I place a lot of blame on Victorian Labor (in my state) and their refusal to build dams (which Gippsland recently paid the price for with preventable floods and water not caught in catchments) but liberals can hardly absolve themselves either (previous state Libs could have built them, federal could fund a few?). Greens may not have much parliamentary power (though I could have sworn they held balance of power at some time somewhere - even if they shared it with dems maybe...) but they do have political power via preferences etc too so they also indirectly influence policy.

Thats my 5c

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟13,806.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The water we drink right now has probably been recycled many times, but I think we'll all be drinking recycled water one day. Water shortages are a problem and much of it is due to the Greens who have been opposing the construction of new dams for years. Now we're paying the price.

I think it's also the lack of rain.

I think yes we will be drinking recycled water too.

I haven't heard of the greens stopping dam construction, I thought it was more to budget than what the greens were saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

misfitforfaith

Oct 30, 2007
✟228.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I
have never heard of anyone wanting a Christian political party in power. The idea is absurd due to our two-party system. Sounds like you are making a strawman here.
Then are you admitting that christian political parties are merely just stooges for the liberal party then!.
Ofcause FF would ideally like their style theocracy(in reality a wolf in sheeps clothing) in Australia if it were possible to bring one on!. However they know it just wont happen so they would rather be rightwing stooges for the Liberal party

Perhaps you just haven't been looking at the right threads or right areas of the forums. Are you implying that everyone here is simple and niave by extension because I don't know how else to interpret what you said.
You can interpret it what ever way you like i find most posters with the exception of a few to be immature naive smart asses something akin to those in their teens and early twenties at most freshmen/women at uni with little real experience of the world out side their sheltered middle class homes! Yeh thats the way i see this place. I on the the other hand live on my own away from family and very much live a life of hard knocks compared to most smart alexs here!.

in my experience a reliable source on conspiracy, paranormal or occult is an oxymoron.
Oh dear sounds like you concrete view of reality and values system must have been shaken a little to hard for your comfort zone I pity you!.

I'd like your links since I want to test my predictive abilities (I predict they will be poorly referenced, poorly argued sites by random nobodies who think they are important because they have a random idea and a website...)
*Groans again* :doh: :doh: While you're at it could you prove the moon-landing hoax, elvis still lives, Roswell, 9/11 was done by the CIA, etc, etc....
I unfortunately wont be providing those links not my own choice but due posting restrictions on this forum which do not allow me to post them at present, pretty stupid if you ask me!.
On the topic of chrisiian parties, what is it with some (I am fully aware it is not all or even most) chrisitans and their desire to enforce their religious views on others. Particularly when that view means restriciting someones rights for no other reason than the bible says its bad (i.e. it doesn't affect anyone else, kind of like if an islamic country banned anyone from eating pork). It just seems weird.
Say again this time in plainer english if possible otherwise i may need an interpreter

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I suggest looking for a DEN (Disability Employment Network) provider. As much as I dislike Howard and his policies, he stil allows funding to go to these providers, and some of them are really good, working with all levels of disability. I recommend Nova :D

Upvote 0

RHOcommander

Nov 13, 2007
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the information. It'll be good to make an informed decision about the future of our country and to help be the solution to the troubles and suffering which stain our society.

More information on a variety of issues can be found at australiavotes.com.au

At that site the Australian Christian Lobby ask the major parties questions pertaining to different topics and their responses are listed here to help us decide how we can make the most difference with our votes.

Kind regards,
Matt.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
I think the reason poverty is not on the list is because it's obvious all parties are against poverty and there are different views on how best to tackle it.

Another page from their site seems to acknowledge it's importance among other issues:

"With many issues, such as taxation, welfare
(the poor), overseas aid, immigration; issues
rightly seen as important by most Christians -
there is, in fact, little real difference between
the major parties because they know there is
a good possibility that they will have to act
responsibly on those issues."
Yeh. Right. The Howard governement has a great track record on all of those.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums