Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Is this how you think all men are? I must ask the women in the refuge I volunteer at if thats how their partner was when he broke their jaw.
Not all men are equal. Sadly, there are abusive men.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not all men are equal. Sadly, there are abusive men.
Apologies - I was being a little abrasive. My real point is that you get men of all types. Your statement was really saying that men have become insipid. Men have changed, but not necessarily for the worse as a whole - they are just reflecting our evolving society.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The best thing about this, is that progressivism is now complete. There is nothing left to progress on! :clap:

...No more suprises!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Apologies - I was being a little abrasive. My real point is that you get men of all types. Your statement was really saying that men have become insipid. Men have changed, but not necessarily for the worse as a whole - they are just reflecting our evolving society.
Limited though it is, my experience is that men of past generations are more authentically masculine than men today. That includes me. To note small example...my mother once told me of a time when a group of men were swearing within ear shot of she and my father. In response, he said something to the effect of "Don't you see there's a lady here?" I can't see me or most men today reacting that way.
There are certainly men who hit the gym and drink protein drinks. But their masculinity seems more forced than natural. Maybe it's the lack of the draft for men now. For a modern female perspective, these are good insights.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this how you think all men are? I must ask the women in the refuge I volunteer at if thats how their partner was when he broke their jaw.

Men may be stronger, but some women are capable of being much, much meaner. I know this from experience, and through historical proof.

See Queen Ranavalona, the mad monarch of Madagascar, so cruel that reportedly before pushing people off 150 ft. cliffs she would grab their hand, just long enough for them to feel safe... then let them go.

210px-Reine1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
History is full of male and female world leaders who became famous because of their tyrannical and inhumane quests to dominate. Some of them even killed multitudes of people in their unquenchable thirst for absolute power. However, few have ever come close to the degree of brutality and sadism that one particular female ruler displayed. Her name was Queen Ranavalona I: The Most Murderous Woman in History

• Informative
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
History is full of male and female world leaders who became famous because of their tyrannical and inhumane quests to dominate. Some of them even killed multitudes of people in their unquenchable thirst for absolute power. However, few have ever come close to the degree of brutality and sadism that one particular female ruler displayed. Her name was Queen Ranavalona I: The Most Murderous Woman in History
I agree. Which makes me wonder why so frequently I hear on this site that morals are in decline. If anything I think society and it's leaders have (generally) higher ethical standards

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are certainly men who hit the gym and drink protein drinks. But their masculinity seems more forced than natural. Maybe it's the lack of the draft for men now. For a modern female perspective, these are good insights.

You'll forgive me if I don't take seriously the bimbo who says women don't want what we say we want.

Here's a hint: most of us who are adults are both self-aware and honest. Treat as us such, rather than as personally immature or manipulative, and men are much more likely to have successful relationships with us.

As for masculinity, I think most of it's just cultural construct. I admire a man who knows what he wants his life to be and pursues it; and not less someone who is less "masculine" than another in his goals. But there's nothing attractive about a relational dominance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You'll forgive me if I don't take seriously the bimbo who says women don't want what we say we want.

Here's a hint: most of us who are adults are both self-aware and honest. Treat as us such, rather than as personally immature or manipulative, and men are much more likely to have successful relationships with us.

As for masculinity, I think most of it's just cultural construct. I admire a man who knows what he wants his life to be and pursues it; and not less someone who is less "masculine" than another in his goals. But there's nothing attractive about a relational dominance.
She's "the bimbo." (Because she is blonde?) This sounds immature, but at least it's honest.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
She's "the bimbo." (Because she is blonde?) This sounds immature, but at least it's honest.
hmmm....... Im not sure in this case that youre honesty was the best policy - Theres wisdom in silence as well. <just a friendly jab> :)

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I know many christians are alarmed by Australia's choice. But the process of legislation is likely to address fears. Furthermore the passage of time will show that lives go on and Australian society seems to continue forward unharmed. I hope in the fullness of time your fears melt away.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Nope, she's a bimbo because her "advice" is shallow and immature. My impression was of a young woman with an under-developed sense of self, attempting to boost her ego by winning male approval.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sure. To borrow a term from Ralph Ellison, over-civilization has claimed many victims in the West. We have same-sex marriage, transgenderism, and more. These would be assumed to be morally wrong in times past. They are debated or assumed to morally right now. It's as if our morals have declined in proportion to our increase in college graduates and living standards.
Those are advances in morality, not declines.

Morals evolve. Wasnt so long ago it was morally ok to own another human being as personal property. Can you imagine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The women's suffrage movement has its roots in the Wesleyan Church, with Seneca Falls meeting. The participants were hardly liberals by modern standards....
They were quite liberal in their context, with conservative forces trying to stymie them at every opportunity.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Was she an atheist too???

For your sake, I hope so. She could be very useful to you here in the discussion forums.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Limited though it is, my experience is that men of past generations are more authentically masculine than men today. That includes me. To note small example...my mother once told me of a time when a group of men were swearing within ear shot of she and my father. In response, he said something to the effect of "Don't you see there's a lady here?" I can't see me or most men today reacting that way.

No offense to the woman in the video, but she seems just a tiny bit particular and possibly even lacking a little in the sense of humor department.

...Now here's the kind of woman, if such a kind really exists, that could entertain for a lifetime! :)

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Those are advances in morality, not declines.

Morals evolve. Wasnt so long ago it was morally ok to own another human being as personal property. Can you imagine!
I can. It's a standard deflection.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Was she an atheist too???

For your sake, I hope so. She could be very useful to you here in the discussion forums.

Well pretty much... She killed Christians... :cool:

Upvote 0