Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have just seen this article on abc news (australian broadcasting corporation - the publicly (government) funded media outlet in Australia).

I'm a proud Westie and I voted yes. Don't blame western Sydney for its No vote

I think it does say, as we have noted elsewhere in this thread that Australia now has some work to do.

The ABC, of course, assumes that "Yes" was the correct answer, but I get the impression that conservative religious people (Muslim, Protestant, Catholic, Hindu, whatever) across the whole country tended to vote "No." In some places, like rural Queensland and Western Sydney, there are concentrations of conservative religious people, and that showed up in the results.

It will be interesting to see how (or if) opinions change over time, given immigration and birth rate patterns. And whether independent candidates will run in Blaxland and Watson next election.

1280px-AustralianReligiousAffiliation_2.svg.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MasterRich

Jesus Saved me on Easter Day! 03/04/2010
Mar 22, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland UK
Visit site
✟20,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It saddens me that there are some members of the church who want to see other Christians punished for what they believe.

Sad thing is it happens here too

• Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I did a check of marriage in a concordance and there are 770 verses on the subject. Not one mentions marriage between two men or two women.

Agree.

The interesting thing is;
Marriage spoken of in Scripture is;

1) always a marriage between a man husband and a female wife.
2) always according to God, and His blessing.

3) God did not always BLESS a marriage between all men husbands and female wives.

4) God is never found calling a "union" a Marriage, between a man husband and a man husband or a female wife and an female wife or having the Blessing of God.

Men "marrying" men; Women "marrying" women; regardless of them, and the world calling it a "marriage" or Preachers pronouncing Gods "blessing".....it is a LIE.

It is men USING Gods Name, to NOT DO the WILL of God, but who attempt to MAKE it "appear" they are. Jesus, had a Notice for them....

Matt 7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus DOES KNOW, he who uses the Lords NAME, to justify what one does that is NOT the WILL of God, and those who promote and perpetuate such nonsense, are held in guilt, as the those who participate in such nonsense.

God Bless.
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agree.

The interesting thing is;
Marriage spoken of in Scripture is;

1) always a marriage between a man husband and a female wife.
2) always according to God, and His blessing.

3) God did not always BLESS a marriage between all men husbands and female wives.

4) God is never found calling a "union" a Marriage, between a man husband and a man husband or a female wife and an female wife or having the Blessing of God.

Men "marrying" men; Women "marrying" women; regardless of them, and the world calling it a "marriage" or Preachers pronouncing Gods "blessing".....it is a LIE.

It is men USING Gods Name, to NOT DO the WILL of God, but who attempt to MAKE it "appear" they are. Jesus, had a Notice for them....

Matt 7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus DOES NOT KNOW, he who uses the Lords NAME, to justify what one does that is NOT the WILL of God, and those who promote and perpetuate such nonsense, are held in guilt, as the those who participate in such nonsense.

God Bless.
SBC
Your reference to "those who participate" focuses on the reason some object to providing their services for a ss wedding. There are those who argue providing a service is not "participating" and, as we have seen in the US courts, some are willing to sacrifice their livelihood because to them providing their services for a ss wedding is "participating".

Many churches have people who are somehow caught up in this situation and will have to work out solutions they can reconcile with their beliefs. It is certain that gay activists will be vigilant in seeking out any business that expresses a religious objection to ssm, even when these same businesses may have welcomed homosexual clients for years.

• Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your reference to "those who participate" focuses on the reason some object to providing their services for a ss wedding. There are those who argue providing a service is not "participating" and, as we have seen in the US courts, some are willing to sacrifice their livelihood because to them providing their services for a ss wedding is "participating".

Many churches have people who are somehow caught up in this situation and will have to work out solutions they can reconcile with their beliefs. It is certain that gay activists will be vigilant in seeking out any business that expresses a religious objection to ssm, even when these same businesses may have welcomed homosexual clients for years.

Agree ~

Personally, I think Christians adhering to Gods Word, will regularly, (and already are) returning to meeting in homes in their communities for Church services, rather than "Church" buildings.

1 Cor 16
[19] The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

Rom 16
[5] Likewise greet the church that is in their house.

Col 4
[15] Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

Just saying for that which the world corrupts, God has another acceptable way. :)

"think they are not participating" ~ sure they are. Any involvement from planning to attending is participating.....even according to God....without participation, but taking pleasure in those that do participate.

Rom 1
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

compassion 4 humanity

Oct 24, 2017
Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It’s indeed a sad day for Australia in that 61 percent of Australians have now voted to allow same-sex “marriage”. As 69.5 percent of the population voted in this non-compulsory plebiscite it means that the vast majority of Australians have failed to support the institution of the family.

What an abomination!

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It will be interesting to see how (or if) opinions change over time, given immigration and birth rate patterns.
Thanks for the interesting data. If your country goes the route of, for example, Germany then the birth rate will dip for a few years and as more Muslim immigrants come in the birth rate will rise a bit. Germany had its first uptick in birth rate last year in over 30 years (been in decline ever since). The recent uptick was attributed to the influx of MENA (Middle Eastern-North African) immigration.

Most are Muslims and they don't abort their children.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Just a small correction regarding the facts. 61% of Australians did not vote for same-sex marriage. 61% of those who voted came down on the side of same-sex marriage. That means that of all Australian only 48% voted for same-sex marriage so in fact the plebiscite was lost.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And yet, I note that the law has changed, and the sky has not yet fallen.

I did have the minor inconvenience of needing to replace some of the legal forms in my filing cabinet. I have withstood the horror. ;)

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I did have the minor inconvenience of needing to replace some of the legal forms in my filing cabinet. I have withstood the horror. ;)

The sky hasn't fallen because God wouldn't deprive all people at once.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If God punished us for bad laws, the world would be in a much, much more stuffed up state than it actually is. Natural consequences seem to be quite effective enough.

Yes, I'm thankful for it. Sometimes I wish God would punish the whole world for usury though. More than half are guilty of it. But I digress.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

3Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.13But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells. (2 Peter 3:3-13)

The sky hasn't fallen because God wouldn't deprive all people at once.

Amen!
2 Peter 3:2-13

Reactions: straykat
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Just a small correction regarding the facts. 61% of Australians did not vote for same-sex marriage. 61% of those who voted came down on the side of same-sex marriage. That means that of all Australian only 48% voted for same-sex marriage so in fact the plebiscite was lost.

Evil will use other means. But this venture for the reprobates is the final nail on their coffin. The pure arrogance to call for same sex marriage is both offensive and discriminatory to the institution of marriage.

There is nothing equal about same sex marriage. It is an Oxymoron Statement at best. The evil ones will be judged by the righteous judge.

Before the Judgement falls upon humanity who have foresaken the covenant of the Son, the wrath of God already is being dispensed on these lawless Sodomites.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.