Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jesus never married, in fact he suggested it might be better to never marry for the sake of the Kingdom of God. He also suggested perhaps the dead should bury themselves, downplaying the adherence to deep-rooted social customs.

"Family values" was the terrain of the pharisees more than Jesus, it seems.
Family values was the terrain of God in Genesis Chapter one.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe gay people shouldn't get married, then simple--don't get gay married.
-CryptoLutheran

The social implications are much broader than that. Businesses that have a religious objection to ssm do not want to force homosexuals to do, or not do, anything - but such businesses will be forced to violate their religious conscience or face the possibility of prosecution. Most churches have some people who will be affected by this new law.

Another issue is the charity status of groups that support only traditional marriage. One group in NZ has been deregistered.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The student body at my university was heavily behind the YES vote. Some because they simply dont find homosexuality offensive or shameful; others believe it was totally about not having a law that prejudiced a people and a group.

I was definitely in the latter group.
If I supported a law that said - Group A you can have a set of privileges under the law - But you group B cant; then we have a law which has failed the test of discrimination and isnt a law for all people. As an adult either you can marry someone or you cant was my view.

I believed if that law was to remain as it was then what next - A clothing Law?...and yes its was already proposed... Some people can wear head clothing and others not (aimed of course at islamic female head coverings)

Or perhaps a law that says white people can enter a public swimming pool but not blacks.....Oh yes..Australia DID have that law.

Now I cant vote. But I am proud that my country stated they wanted to set the record straight and have equality when it comes to the making of law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, they weren't as John Howard changed about 85 laws to bring homosexuals into line with everyone else. Many homosexuals said they could not see what all the fuss was about as they had everything they wanted already.
Except same-sex marriage was not legal in Australia.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are business owners in Australia who have a religious objection to ssm who will now have to decide whether to violate their faith or to face the possibility of prosecution. It is a very sad day.
They have the third option if they REALLY wanted ti simply close their doors. Yes, people have to eat, but that would be a way of not risking either.

Upvote 0

pintail

Mar 12, 2004
✟734.00
Faith
Lutheran
Whatever your views on gay marraige, I think Jesus would advise his disciples to not address the issue with contempt, malice, anger, or resentment. Or any sense of superiority. Transforming the angry heart is the foundational issue in forming Christian or Christ like character.

I could be wrong of course, but my view is that Jesus would approach a gay person with a blessing, I doubt he would call homosexual orientation a sin, for example. He would also be pretty rough on any Pharisee who relied on the legalistic interpretation of Scripture to condemn.

Gay marraige? Can't see it being approved by him, but neither can I see him ridiculing it, or those involved.

It's easy to find a group of people who are "different" and hold them up for special criticism and blame for what's wrong with the world. I think the counsel here would be to take the log out of your own eye first, then address the speck of gay marraige.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its not legal in God's eyes. That's all that matters.

It's going to be another hurdle for the next generations of God's Children to walk through.

Thank God He will lead the way through the valley of the shadow of death.

It's the darkest before the dawn.

May Christ Jesus come soon, until then we have fruit to produce.
This is the issue that will seperate the wheat from the chaff .

• Agree
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The survey is not legally binding. The yes compaign has been the biggest fraud, where the mainstream banking cartel, along with the international bankers funded and bought organisations, have been advertising the yes vote through all streams of media and have really purchased a fudged survey, that is not in the spirit of fairness and equality.

For example a bank manager will send a memo telling all staff that the bank supports the yes vote and those having objections, should not voice their opinions, otherwise they will have problems.

This becomes not only a none legally binding survey, but also illegal because of the in your face coercion and intimidation.

There will be civil war in Australia if this survey is taken to be the voice of Australians.

Australians will go to war with Australians on the issue of the conduct of this bought and paid for survey by the global elites.

Last edited:
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let us remember its Christ we follow. We keep your eyes on Him. Its His WORD that we hold to. That is our anchor so to speak. We do not let the world tell us what IS really good and not. Satan is just using anything and everyone to hurt the Father. For He love ALL on this world so much :) And so many are blind.

Jesus said "if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains". So.. for me this shows us how CLOSE Jesus really is to coming. So... let the WORLD see the LIGHT IN YOU! That LIGHT will show others that are not of Him.. how loved they are and they will want what you have. So rejoice!

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we need to resort to bizarre conspiracy theories involving global manipulation and the like to understand this. It's very simple.

On the one hand, at its core, there is a community of people (the LGBTIQA community) whose self-understanding is now so radically different from what it used to be that they have come to a point of demanding that society change, in order to reduce the damage done by the fact that they don't fit well within social structures. (Note: the damage done by that is real; and can be measured in sobering statistics about suicide rates and the like).

On the other hand, there is a community of people who see such change as unnecessary and potentially damaging in a variety of ways. Not solely a Christian group, but more accurately a range of different groups who are concerned about those changes for a variety of reasons.

The fears and needs of these two groups are not easily going to be met at the same time; we are struggling, as a society, to work out the best way forward. What this vote has said is that we are no longer going to tolerate one group being made to pay the whole price (in terms of personal costliness) for that disjunction. I am not sure that that is entirely a bad thing.

As far as the Church goes, we need to remember that we have a mission, and it's not micro-managing either secular laws or our neighbours' bedroom habits. We have a gospel to proclaim, people to teach and nurture in the faith, and so on; and it would be a mistake for us now to get so distracted by this that we forget what we're supposed to be doing. That would be to be like the son who says he will go and work in the vineyard, but then does not...

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The social implications are much broader than that. Businesses that have a religious objection to ssm do not want to force homosexuals to do, or not do, anything - but such businesses will be forced to violate their religious conscience or face the possibility of prosecution.
just like businesses that have a religious objection to racial equality

Upvote 0

webslave

Forever At Peace.
Oct 21, 2016
Australia
✟17,193.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hello rambot.

I think Australia takes in far too many refugees.

Far too many you say? We only take in about 13,000 refugees a year. That's enough in my opinion.

What, do you want to bring back the white australia policy or something?

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many have not voted at all including myself, family members and others around the Nation not either having had the Online Plebiscite available at the time and or not having had time to do so.

Therefore contrary to what the Australian Government and other media people have been speculating, there are thousands of people of whom have not voted at all and opposed to gay marriage many not only Catholics and Christians; many traditionalists in relation to getting married and having families - common interests for the traditional family way of life etc, Children in school life, peers among Children of whom have gay parents and some gay people themselves in relationships speaking out against gay marriage here.

More forthcoming on this over the next 3 weeks.

More Catholics and Christians need to pray and immerse Australian hearts souls in our Lord Jesus Ocean of Mercy, Holy Sacred Wounds and Precious Holy Blood asking Jesus to cover all of the Australian hearts and souls in His Precious Holy Blood

O Eternal Father I offer Thee The Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls Amen
My Jesus Pardon and Mercy through the Merits of Thy Holy Wounds x 10

O Eternal Father I offer Thee The Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world Amen.

For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion have mercy on us and on the whole world Amen x 10

For conversions and salvation of all Australians and the world

O Blood and Water which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us I trust in You x 3

after The sign of The Cross is made in front of Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.