Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It’s indeed a sad day for Australia in that 61 percent of Australians have now voted to allow same-sex “marriage”. As 69.5 percent of the population voted in this non-compulsory plebiscite it means that the vast majority of Australians have failed to support the institution of the family.
It is sad. I pray for our world. We all need to follow God. He is right and true and just. Repent, turn from our sins, and live for the Lord.

• Winner
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,473,140.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And also with multiculturalism, immigration etc things are changing, its to be expected.

Actually, the results breakdown showed that areas with high immigrant populations returned high levels of "no" votes. In this instance immigrants were a conservative force.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi gingerbeer,

While it wasn't an official ballot vote, pretty much all the reports are saying that the national postal 'survey' was a 'vote' of the people. Sometimes when a crowd of people are gathered together and asked how they feel about something, it's often referred to as a 'vote'. I don't think the word 'vote' must necessarily mean that someone goes to an official polling place to flip a switch.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
In Australia voting is not by machine (mechanical or electronic) we use ballot papers and the ballots are put in a ballot box and counted by hand - real people doing all the interesting work. It's effective, leaves a good paper trail, and it is fast despite being manual.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It’s indeed a sad day for Australia in that 61 percent of Australians have now voted to allow same-sex “marriage”. As 69.5 percent of the population voted in this non-compulsory plebiscite it means that the vast majority of Australians have failed to support the institution of the family.
Hello Biblicist.

The result was expected.

Makes me happy that hopefully, the LGBGIT community will disappear from the news now.
They only represent about one percent of society, they have been getting far too much attention over the years.

• Optimistic
Reactions: creslaw
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Its not legal in God's eyes. That's all that matters.

It's going to be another hurdle for the next generations of God's Children to walk through.

Thank God He will lead the way through the valley of the shadow of death.

It's the darkest before the dawn.

May Christ Jesus come soon, until then we have fruit to produce.
Secular law is actually what matters THAT is what determines in the here and now what is and is not permitted. First world countries are ( thankfully) secular in government.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In public this is a justice issue and I am gratified that the majority of Australians have treated it as such. In the private this is a moral issue. If one does not wish to be involved in any way in a same sex marriage, then don't. As a Canadian, same sex marriage has not impacted my marriage in any way whatsoever and I cannot think of any possible way that it could. In this case, justice has prevailed.
thank you. This is a secular society and frankly I do not think people would WANT to live in a society otherwise.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
[Staff edit].

What people do in their own bedrooms/houses is not our business and we should not really care. Now, if Christians want to they are free to NOT get legally married. Maybe that is the answer is to remove the government from marriage, but in a secular society Christians are not the only ones and frankly I do not think we WANT God's law to be the law of the land.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Biblicist.

The result was expected.

Makes me happy that hopefully, the LGBGIT community will disappear from the news now.
They only represent about one percent of society, they have been getting far too much attention over the years.
According careful analysis of online information and various surveys 5% of the population is "gay".

• Optimistic
Reactions: creslaw
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Is it the same darkness over australia that caused this "destructive force against the family" as what has led to the graceless, dispassionate, treatment of potential refugees?

Sodom was punished because, in part, they were not welcoming of strangers....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is it the same darkness over australia that caused this "destructive force against the family" as what has led to the graceless, dispassionate, treatment of potential refugees?

You cannot take everyone who wants in in it is that simple God Created nations and He does not expect us to destroy that in order to bring people in.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You cannot take everyone who wants in in it is that simple God Created nations and He does not expect us to destroy that in order to bring people in.
Wow. So faith hope and love but the greatest of these is nationalism?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but in a secular society Christians are not the only ones and frankly I do not think we WANT God's law to be the law of the land.
The problem would be......who would decide what God's laws are. Would it be Messianic Jews/ Moses' Law, Catholics, Protestants (which one's? Baptists, Seventh Day, etc.), what a mess that would be. Would the laws change as different Congress members and Presidents changed?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think it is cruel to treat refugees as Australia's governments have but at the same time it needs to be remembered that the refugees are no longer fleeing persecution when they reach Australian waters. Nearly all the refugees who enter Australian waters in a boat are coming from Indonesia and Indonesia is not persecuting them.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟361,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think it is cruel to treat refugees as Australia's governments have but at the same time it needs to be remembered that the refugees are no longer fleeing persecution when they reach Australian waters. Nearly all the refugees who enter Australian waters in a boat are coming from Indonesia and Indonesia is not persecuting them.
I'm just not sure that the good Samaritan was overly concerned about the legal status of the man who was beaten on the side of the road.

Reactions: MichaelEric
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm just not sure that the good Samaritan was overly concerned about the legal status of the man who was beaten on the side of the road.
It is not a matter of legal status for the refugees. The matter I raised goes to the emotive appeal that is heard so often "These people are in fear for their lives, they are fleeing persecution so we need to be kind to them". I agree that we ought to be kind to them and that they were fleeing persecution when they escaped their homeland and I agree that they are very likely in fear for their lives and their future but they are not fleeing persecution when they are in Indonesia and board to boat to get to Australia. At that time in their journey they are seeking refuge rather than fleeing persecution. The kind of refuge they want is in a safe country that is comfortable to live in and replete with opportunities.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A country cannot take everyone in and expect to maintain the safety nor standard of living they currently have.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow. So faith hope and love but the greatest of these is nationalism?
You can love people that does not mean that we accept everyone who claims to need our help.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem would be......who would decide what God's laws are. Would it be Messianic Jews/ Moses' Law, Catholics, Protestants (which one's? Baptists, Seventh Day, etc.), what a mess that would be. Would the laws change as different Congress members and Presidents changed?
that was my point. I do not think people would want that it has been tried several times throughout history and each time has failed badly.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.