Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They are armed with blue latex gloves. If I had a latex allergy maybe I should be scared.

Aldebaran, your solution to a large outbreak would be what exactly? It's all very well to be against such measure, but what is your answer instead?

Create a well-tested vaccine, have it approved by the appropriate authorities rather than release it too quickly, then administer it to anyone who chooses to receive it.

• Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Someday, we might actually have something like that again. Hopefully in 2024....

Why would he run again? He doesn't think he lost the last one. Have you told him yet?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would he run again? He doesn't think he lost the last one. Have you told him yet?

Are you talking about Trump (AGAIN)? :sigh:
There are plenty of other constitutional conservatives that can take biden's place and get us back on track to being a functional society again.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Create a well-tested vaccine, have it approved by the appropriate authorities rather than release it too quickly...

So let me see. In which case you wouldn't have released any vaccines. When Trump actually did release some (going against your personal advice it seems) you still got over 600,000 deaths. I wonder how many would have died if he'd done nothing?

'US President Donald Trump said if his administration didn’t take action against the coronavirus, 2.2 million Americans could have died – instead projected a possible 100,000 to 200,000 deaths....Mr Trump added “if we could hold that down to 100,000 – it’s a horrible number; maybe even less”. No Cookies | The Advertiser

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about Trump (AGAIN)? :sigh:
There are plenty of other constitutional conservatives that can take biden's place and get us back on track to being a functional society again.

Good to know he's not your choice. Maybe things have turned the corner for the better.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So let me see. In which case you wouldn't have released any vaccines. When Trump actually did release some (going against your personal advice it seems) you still got over 600,000 deaths. I wonder how many would have died if he'd done nothing?

'US President Donald Trump said if his administration didn’t take action against the coronavirus, 2.2 million Americans could have died – instead projected a possible 100,000 to 200,000 deaths....Mr Trump added “if we could hold that down to 100,000 – it’s a horrible number; maybe even less”. No Cookies | The Advertiser

Thank you for acknowledging Trump's accomplishments!
Looks like we're making progress.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Good to know he's not your choice. Maybe things have turned the corner for the better.

He was my choice when he was running for office in 2016, and remained my choice while in office enough that he was my choice in 2020. When 2022 comes, I'll be making other types of choices since it's not a presidential election. In 2024, my choice will depend on what my options are.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for acknowledging Trump's accomplishments!
Looks like we're making progress.

Do I have to mark my posts [/sarcastic]? You have to have a certain mind set to suggest that the sixth highest death rate per million population for countries with over 50 million people and 600,000 deaths overall are an 'accomplishment'.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No, Australia isn't America. Neither is Germany, but we both know how things can change from, "The government is just trying to help everyone", to "Never again!" It happens incrementally. We (or at least some of us) are seeing it happen in America, while others are in denial.
There, there.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, I'm sure harris will be in his place soon enough, and then we'll have plenty of helicopters hovering over American cities herding citizens like a rancher herding cattle.
For one, I doubt Harris will replace Biden - it's just not going to happen. But even if she did, she's just as conservative as he is - maybe even more on issues like this. I only WISH we had the helicopters and military maintaining order the way Australia is. Right now it's very Godless how this nation is being held hostage by the whims of the selfish and the innocent who want to do good are the victims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do I have to mark my posts [/sarcastic]? You have to have a certain mind set to suggest that the sixth highest death rate per million population for countries with over 50 million people and 600,000 deaths overall are an 'accomplishment'.

You acknowledged Trump's accomplishments, and that is progress.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For one, I doubt Harris will replace Biden - it's just not going to happen. But even if she did, she's just as conservative as he is - maybe even more on issues like this. I only WISH we had the helicopters and military maintaining order the way Australia is. Right now it's very Godless how this nation is being held hostage by the whims of the selfish and the innocent who want to do good are the victims.

Conservative? ^_^

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Create a well-tested vaccine, have it approved by the appropriate authorities rather than release it too quickly, then administer it to anyone who chooses to receive it.

That doesn't address what I was asking. I agree completely with a vaccine that has been well tested administered to those who choose to receive it, but there are 3K protesting out in the streets with no masks, I am asking what you think should be done about that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't address what I was asking. I agree completely with a vaccine that has been well tested administered to those who choose to receive it, but there are 3K protesting out in the streets with no masks, I am asking what you think should be done about that.

Well, I don't know what kind of constitution you have in Australia, but here in America we have the right to protest peacefully (the definition of which has been up for extreme debate over the past year). Therefore, I'd say nothing needs to be done about that.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't know what kind of constitution you have in Australia, but here in America we have the right to protest peacefully (the definition of which has been up for extreme debate over the past year). Therefore, I'd say nothing needs to be done about that.

So all the Covid cases resulting from huge unmasked pretests should just be shrugged off and ignored? So far it is up past 1000 new cases and this was a state that had dropped to zero or close to it.
I don't think you have wrapped your head around the different culture and mentality that we have.
Here in Australia even a dozen new cases is enough to be news. We don't have the same mentality as the US does. You have hundreds of cases and think nothing of it, here a dozen cases is enough to cause a panic buying spree.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So all the Covid cases resulting from huge unmasked pretests should just be shrugged off and ignored?

That's mere speculation.

So far it is up past 1000 new cases and this was a state that had dropped to zero or close to it.
I don't think you have wrapped your head around the different culture and mentality that we have.
Here in Australia even a dozen new cases is enough to be news. We don't have the same mentality as the US does. You have hundreds of cases and think nothing of it, here a dozen cases is enough to cause a panic buying spree.

Percentage of total population factors into it.
The 2019 population of Australia was 25.36 million.
The 2019 population of The United States was 328.2 million.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,436.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's mere speculation.

News literally just in. A large area north of Sydney around Newcastle has now gone into immediate lockdown because a group of people had a party at a local beach (attended by kids from Greater Sydney). Covid is now in the community up there, most of the cases believed to have been directly associated with that group. And it has since spread further south with one of their cases directly linked to Newcastle.

So tens of thousands of people are in lockdown because of a few people in close contact without masks. That ain't speculation. What do you think of the chances of it spreading if there's a protest of a few thousand people, none of whom are wearing masks?

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,837.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Generally speaking, the right to protest peacefully is a thing here too. It can be suspended in a state of emergency, which is the current situation. Protesting peacefully shouldn't come at the cost of many lives, which is what's at stake here.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0