Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mate I saw it from half time on... that second half and extra time I reckon we could have put 3 or 4 goals on but their defence, I wouldn't say was good as much as they flooded... like in the AFL... get all the players into the defensive zone and "hang on" about an hour into the match it became apparent the Aussies were fitter and so except for about 3 plays and say 10 minutes in the second half, the Uruguayans seemed to have run out of steam so they flooded their half. That kept them in the match... ah well, who cares we're going to Germany!!!!!!!!

KJ I would say give Schwarzer a new... I thought as soon as Dooks missed his shot, we're gonna get done here... and then Schwarzer saves the next shot... awesome! But to be honest I prefered the first.. the other guy faked him twice but he still saved it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rmered

Nov 9, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
✟15,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I'm with Kristian.

That second save was a beauty.
He dived low, and then realised he was too low, so stuck up his arm to block the ball. All in the split second it takes for the ball to go from the spot to the keeper.
Amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

winglovesall

Apr 26, 2005
✟18,968.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I must congratulate on Australia's efforts in the Qualifier for the World Cup last night in Sydney - it was exciting - although I had to sing at a concert - so missed out on LIVE television broadcast - but yeah, great to hear!

Also, I must congratulate Uruguay for their efforts - I have no opposition to Australia but I do not have opposition to Uruguay - they played well -

So congratulations to both teams - Australia, hope you do well for next year in Germany - Soccer World Cup 2006 is just months away!

Upvote 0

LivingWorship

My soul dances in freedom, my heart forever sings
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟10,237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
heh... wouldn't mind seeing the Wallabies win at least one game ;)

Say wingsloveall... I am just curious... you born here? What's your background? I myself am SriLankan/Russian. My old man (russian) was born in Brazil (long long story) so I kinda had a soft spot for Brazil until they cheated England out of a semi-final spot in Korea... because I have a softer spot for England than Brazil (mum lived there for a bit, my fave team is Arsenal... you get it...)... anyhow just wondering mate :)

Upvote 0