Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How on earth the Holocaust deniers can pretend the Holocaust didn't happen goodness only knows.
Why do they deny?
I have always thought possibly because,
they are controlled by the evil one?
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
After my grandfather died, I found out he was involved in the liberation of Buchenwald. He never talked about it during his life. Many things about the war were too painful for him to talk about.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
How anyone can deny that the Holocaust happened I really don't know. As well as the Jews, non whites and homosexuals were also exterminated, I think sometimes that is forgotten.

Non-whites weren't treated as harshly as homosexuals. They were closely watched by the government and were forbidden to have intimate relations with white women, however.

Most of the Nazi regimes hatred was directed against Jews and Gypsies.

Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Non-whites weren't treated as harshly as homosexuals. They were closely watched by the government and were forbidden to have intimate relations with white women, however.

Most of the Nazi regimes hatred was directed against Jews and Gypsies.

As well as people with mental health problems and anyone else who was regarded as different.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it is infuriating when people simply try to wash away history like that.

My grandfather helped liberate a concentration camp. I believe it was Buchenwald. He said that he saw furniture and whatnot made out human parts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, it is infuriating when people simply try to wash away history like that.

My grandfather helped liberate a concentration camp. I believe it was Buchenwald. He said that he saw furniture and whatnot made out human parts.

Deniers often say that stuff didn't happen, but it's important to remember that Roosevelt was gifted a letter opener made from the bones of a dead Japanese soldier. Making trophies of victims is something we don't want to imagine hapening (because it defies our presumed highest ideals about human dignity), but stories like that do fit with the notion of "being at war" with an entire people, and the resulting dehumanization.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How anyone can deny that the Holocaust happened I really don't know. As well as the Jews, non whites and homosexuals were also exterminated, I think sometimes that is forgotten.
Six million gentiles were exterminated. They included many Russians, Roma, Slavs, Jehovah witnesses, Catholics, and pretty much anybody who fit Hitler’s definition of untermensch. That is why “never again” includes everyone.

Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
As well as people with mental health problems and anyone else who was regarded as different.

They tried gassing the mentally retarded but actually Germans protested that, particularly Catholics but also some Protestants, so they moved further extermination programs into more secrecy.

Aktion T4 - Wikipedia

It has been argued that the Nazis were merely intensifying trends that were happening elsewhere, towards dehumanization and sterilization of the disabled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums