✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Today’s Mass readings are all beautiful! However, the Memorial of St. Peter Julian Eymard, a holy priest with tremendous devotion to Christ in the Eucharist, seemed to me the most appropriate for our time, as we are encountering difficulties within the Church regarding the Liturgy. Let us, by God’s Grace, prayerfully listen to God’s Holy Word speaking to us and ponder all in our hearts as our Mother Mary kept all in her heart.

Reading 1 (Acts 4:32-35)​

The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. With great power the Apostles bore witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great favor was accorded them all. There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, and put them at the feet of the Apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need.​

Responsorial - “Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.” (Psalm 34)​

Alleluia verse - "Remain in Me, as I remain in you, says the Lord; whoever remains in Me will bear much fruit. (Jn 15)​

Gospel

Jesus said to His disciples: “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vine grower.
He takes away every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, and everyone that does He prunes so that it bears more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in Me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in Me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without Me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in Me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned. If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become My disciples.” (Jn 15: 1-8)​

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful; kindle in us the Fire of Your Love. Jesus, we trust in You Who promised, and then with the Heavenly Father You sent the Holy Spirit upon the Church at Pentecost to bring us into the fullness of Truth. By Baptism You gave us new birth - made us members of Your Body and given us all we need to become Holy as Your are Holy. We trust in You! Mary, our Mother, given to us by Jesus from His Cross please pray that we may remain in Him as you did on earth and now are with Him eternally in heaven. Amen.

joymercy

Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟245,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
He is the vine, we are the branches....the communion rail is a symbol of the vine!
(never knew that before my priest just explained that to me as we brought back the rail recently)

We love you Lord Jesus

e020ef0e876844f01ce89a7eb20f7ab8.jpg

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is the vine, we are the branches....the communion rail is a symbol of the vine!
(never knew that before my priest just explained that to me as we brought back the rail recently)

We love you Lord Jesus

View attachment 303636
Wow! I have never heard that before. Beautiful!

• Friendly
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks so much for your reply, joymercy. I had not heard that comparison made before either but one can see how the altar rail did give us a sense of our neeed to be one with Christ as the vine is one with its branches. What a gift the Eucharist is to all Who receive Him with right dispostions! How fitting that we knell having received Him. May our Blessed Mother show us daily our need to humble ourselves as she did before God: "Behold the Handmaid of the Lord!

• Friendly
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0