• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Auditory hallucination I had

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When I was in the hospital someone was playing a song, but I heard singing about me losing my soul and going to hell.

I can't stop being afraid of this delusion help

Focus on the life of Christ - He will free you from all forms of harassment...

For example - read this world-class commentary on the life of Christ The Desire of Ages

Anyone who suffers from various issues as you mention above can be greatly benefited by this.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When I was in the hospital someone was playing a song, but I heard singing about me losing my soul and going to hell.

If this is a recurring situation, plz see a psychiatrist.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s not true what you heard that day. Don’t think about it. Reading something so positive is a good idea, like a commentary of the NT or something. It would fill your mind with good stuff.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

If you belong to Jesus, then He will never leave you nor forsake you. Forget the foolish music you heard. Listen to this hymn instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If this is a recurring situation, plz see a psychiatrist.

I got on anti-psychotics and it hasn't happened anymore, but I'm still scared from the time it did happen.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I got on anti-psychotics and it hasn't happened anymore, but I'm still scared from the time it did happen.

that's good news - but I still strongly recommend this commentary on the life of Christ
59 minutes ago #2
as a good way to keep your mind focused on Him

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was thinking before you guys messaged me that I need to focus on Jesus instead of that awful auditory hallucination I had in the past. Then you guys told me to focus on Jesus instead. So I think this is confirmation from God that I should focus on him and not hell.

Upvote 0

KybeKyneKane

Aug 13, 2021
Seoul
✟24,459.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

seek assistance from a therapist and a psychiatric and stuff like that. try not to take this matter too lightly by being a beacon of hope for yourself. it's the key things such as liking to cope, finding your own stride in lots of categories of life.
try not to have a short list of coping mechanisms and use your convictions and principles to center yourself.
do things right also in your own religion while keeping no private resentments and doubts about it.
hmmm...maybe supply yourself with books that sings to you per se so to speak?
with informations, perhaps you can discover more things.
i'm sure as time goes on, you should be able to handle things with hopefully no problems.
talk about it with your family perhaps?
just use good energies and vibes. determine what is best for you.
eventually, your coping mechanisms might begin.
and perhaps, you will be proud with how you handled yourself one day.
just get things under control mentally and under control in other healthy ways.
there's no shame in asking for help too.
travel throughout your life with friends and family for they also can help depending upon the situation.
find sanctuaries you like to be at and stuff like that too.
i for one have sympathy for you but look to others on this site as well.
so take a good look at the options you have and choose wisely.
challenge yourself in working harder with the true nature of yourself as time goes on.

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Focus on the life of Christ - He will free you from all forms of harassment...

For example - read this world-class commentary on the life of Christ The Desire of Ages

Anyone who suffers from various issues as you mention above can be greatly benefited by this.

Let me tell you Bob....I'm not SDA. Just don't believe various things you do BUT....must say The Desire of Ages has always been one of my most cherished books I've mediated in for years. I agree a great benefit for people.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟910,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let me tell you Bob....I'm not SDA. Just don't believe various things you do BUT....must say The Desire of Ages has always been one of my most cherished books I've mediated in for years. I agree a great benefit for people.

Yes indeed many people (SDA and non-SDA) have benefited a lot from that commentary on the life of Christ. It is very easy to read and very insightful.

Upvote 0