Audio adrenaline!!!

rockinxrob

Jul 11, 2004
richland, WA
Visit site
✟65,472.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Have you all heard that audio adrenaline is back? Though the line up is much different, the only original member is the bassist, will. One of the new members, you may recognize from dc talk. I'm excited for the return of the band, i saw them on their farewell tour back in 07

Reactions: BrAndreyu

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When everyone changes except for one member at once, I really don't think they can carry on the name. That name stood for so much, it had a specific genre, but beyond that was a specific attitude that no one else could match. I'm not opposed to bands growing and evolving, I am against bands changing drastically. It would be like if all the members of Def Leppard were changed for the members of Boston. While they could learn all the songs and play them, it wouldn't be the same band. But this is all my opinion.

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If Will is the only original member in the current line-up, I can't help but think they should have gone with a different name and developed their own unique sound/style. I'm guessing the record company had more than a little to do with them keeping with the AA moniker. They're sure to sell tons of units as AA (well, at least tons more than if they had renamed themselves), and the bottom line is all that counts to the labels. They'll probably sell thousands and thousands more CDs as AA than they would under a different name, even if they promoted themselves as "featuring Will from AA". If someone from DC Talk is in there, they could just as well as promoted themselves as DC Talk, I guess. Same principal.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've personally never listened to Audio Adrenaline, but I remember them from the "Golden Age of Christian Rock". They were big in this non-denominational church I was attending for a while when I was in the 9th grade.

I think that the best period for Christian music was the late 90s and very early 00s. Although I may have missed a lot because I haven't kept up with what has been coming out since everything went the screamo route after Underoath hit it big.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums