Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These are all speculation. We would never know if anyone had serious question about this, or medical examiner doubted cause of the death, or IA would found out the fact. The police department lied. The put out a statement which is completely fabricated. Only reason the truth came out is because a girl took the video. If not, all those police officer who you think was concern would kept their mouth shut, IA would write a report and no one would know about it.

I don’t think it is a “ systematic racism” is the issue but the police culture which says “ we need to protect our fellow police officer no matter what” is the issue. There are only handful bad apple in police department, but rest of the police officer protect the bad apple, if they don’t, the entire department turn against them.
I just cannot accept that the Chief would allow any false reports and then testify to facts that would be contrary. Do you have a copy of the police press report regarding this incident?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Forgive me if I'm unwilling to take the word of an internet rando with an agenda on this one.

Minneapolis PD has had a ton of issues over a very long period of time. They've tried to take steps to fix them, but those steps don't seem to be working - which is why the federal government is stepping in.
Posts should address the subject matter rather than insulting other posters. Your comment was "Forgive me if I'm unwilling to take the word of an internet rando with an agenda on this one." rando an unpredictable, awkward and often creepy individual. a rando is always there in the background, even though no one invited him. Randos tend to be isolated within large groups; they sit in corners and lurk in the shadows of others. (Urban Dictionary) Regarding the professionalism of MPD Professional Standards

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where is the problem? This press report was released by the police a day after the event and indicates that they are having the FBI look into this case.
"Posted May 26, 2020 John Elder

Investigative Update on Critical Incident

May 26, 2020 (MINNEAPOLIS) As additional information has been made available, it has been determined that the Federal Bureau of Investigations will be a part of this investigation." It goes on to say "The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate this incident at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department." Obviously the department felt that additional review by outside agencies was needed.
This hardly supports the MPD of being anything other than professional and responsible.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I just cannot accept that the Chief would allow any false reports and then testify to facts that would be contrary. Do you have a copy of the police press report regarding this incident?

Don’t worry, the Internet Never Forgets!

65A0C3E7-423F-40D1-A287-67A6CAFD61A5.jpeg

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I said when I respond to this press report earlier, it proves that the department was being responsible and professional by asking for investigations by outside agencies. It s fair to say that they had concerns about what had happened and were taking appropriate actions to investigate it.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
As I said when I respond to this press report earlier, it proves that the department was being responsible and professional by asking for investigations by outside agencies. It s fair to say that they had concerns about what had happened and were taking appropriate actions to investigate it.
We could achieve FTL travel if they could get a ship to move as fast as those goalposts!

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Where is the problem? This press report was released by the police a day after the event and indicates that they are having the FBI look into this case.

May 26, 2020 (MINNEAPOLIS) As additional information has been made available, it has been determined that the Federal Bureau of Investigations will be a part of this investigation." It goes on to say "The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been called in to investigate this incident at the request of the Minneapolis Police Department." Obviously the department felt that additional review by outside agencies was needed.
This hardly supports the MPD of being anything other than professional and responsible.

We could achieve FTL travel if they could get a ship to move as fast as those goalposts!

It seems to be fashionable, when unable to make a point, to blame the goal posts.
It was a thing of beauty, really, how you deftly turned from the Chief would never allow a false report to so they minimized the details a tinsy bit?

Pure doublethink in action, thank you, it is a delight to witness in the wild.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was a thing of beauty, really, how you deftly turned from the Chief would never allow a false report to so they minimized the details a tinsy bit?

Pure doublethink in action, thank you, it is a delight to witness in the wild.
Why do you say they minimized the details, they were starting two investigations by outside agencies to discover what the details were. Reading the press report as if it is an avoidance of the facts is simply not understanding that when there is an ongoing investigation the less said before the facts are determined the better. The goal posts dont more for people who understand where they were in the first place.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

This is exactly why we need police reform. Because view like yours is the reason police can kill innocent people and get away with it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is exactly why we need police reform. Because view like yours is the reason police can kill innocent people and get away with it.
So if a department requests the FBI and another department to investigate an incident and withholds additional comment until the results of those investigations are known, it is contributing to innocent people getting killed? Where is the logic in that statement? Would you prefer that the department make a press release that may well contain false information or wait until the facts are know before making any official statement? The problem seems to be that people demand a statement and or the video and even when they have information that clearly shows the officer was justified they still claim that the police murdered, recent example Ma'Khia Bryant, Now those are the people who are responsible for getting people killed, they promote a false narrative that contributes to people being violent and confronting the police with violence which results in the police having to use deadly force. So if you what to blame someone blame the people who are responsible instead of blaming people like me, we are reacting to the problem, we are not causing it. Clear?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So if a department requests the FBI and another department to investigate an incident and withholds additional comment until the results of those investigations are known, it is contributing to innocent people getting killed? Where is the logic in that statement? Would you prefer that the department make a press release that may well contain false information or wait until the facts are know before making any official statement? The problem seems to be that people demand a statement and or the video and even when they have information that clearly shows the officer was justified they still claim that the police murdered, recent example Ma'Khia Bryant, Now those are the people who are responsible for getting people killed, they promote a false narrative that contributes to people being violent and confronting the police with violence which results in the police having to use deadly force. So if you what to blame someone blame the people who are responsible instead of blaming people like me, we are reacting to the problem, we are not causing it. Clear?

May 25, 2020 Police put out a false statement. Simple as that. It doesn’t matter what happens on May 26. On May 25 police lied. By the way, we don’t know if the Minneapolis police department called FBI or FBI came on their own. Regardless of that .. on May 25, 2020 police lied.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
May 25, 2020 Police put out a false statement. Simple as that. It doesn’t matter what happens on May 26. On May 25 police lied. By the way, we don’t know if the Minneapolis police department called FBI or FBI came on their own. Regardless of that .. on May 25, 2020 police lied.
Did the police lie or did they tell the truth as they knew it before it became obvious the next day that things were not as they thought they were? Have you ever made a statement and then later discovered new facts that changed your thinking? The police are pressured to come up with immediate answers, if they delay because they do not know all the facts then some people accuse them of a coverup, at best it is a difficult situation when the trust that should exist has been destroyed by those who have their own agenda. In this case the police chief is a minority that from everything I can see is trying very hard to run a clean department, I seriously doubt he would put out a false statement, he knows that any false statement is going to be discovered in a short period of time and then he is going to have serious problems not only with the public but also within the command staff and officers of his own department.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Today AG Garland added Louisville, KY to the list of police forces needing to be investigated.

It's so comforting to have an AG who is invested in demanding accountability and investigating probable wrongdoing.

• Agree
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today AG Garland added Louisville, KY to the list of police forces needing to be investigated.

It's so comforting to have an AG who is invested in demanding accountability and investigating probable wrongdoing.
How many people will be involved? Who will be paying for all those additional people? How do you grow your department, well simply start investigating everything everywhere. Welcome to growing and growing government always brought to you by the Dems.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In both Louisville and Minneapolis juries awarded the families of the innocent victims millions. $26 in Minneapolis and I believe $12 million Louisville. Focused investigations and suggested remediation could have saved cities those millions.

I do hope you are not suggesting the lawsuits were unnecessary....surely not.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In both Louisville and Minneapolis juries awarded the families of the innocent victims millions. $26 in Minneapolis and I believe $12 million Louisville. Focused investigations and suggested remediation could have saved cities those millions.

I do hope you are not suggesting the lawsuits were unnecessary....surely not.
No let me be clear the investigations are unnecessary. States and Cities do not need the federal government to make uninvited investigations into their operations.

Upvote 0