Visit site
✟1,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Patty

Souljah,

Where in the Gospels does it say that Jesus said he was God?

I've puzzled over this question for many years, and have never found a passage that supports that he said he was God. Nor, in all my years of parochial school education or later Bible Study have I heard it.

Thanks,

Patty

Hi Patty,

My personal answer to this question is,  that Jesus couldn't have openly declared he was God.  I mean he could have, since we do believe he was God, but in those times, if he just one day stood up and declared, 'I am God, worship me!', people would have dismissed him as a madman, and it would have definitely lessened his credibility. 

But if we read any of the gospels completely, the inevitable conclusion you draw is that he was God in human form. The sign from the heavens at his baptism, his miracles, his dialogues with his disciples ( where he hints to them who he actually is), his authority (though self-proclaimed) to forgive sins, and above all his resurrection....unless you believe that all this is false, its fairly obvious that he was God.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by isshinwhat
I don't know, but the basic facts have been known now for about 1600 years, so I am sure the 1911 version will have the same facts as the 2011 version will.

Were you aware there were once competing versions of the Q'uran that were destroyed?

Neal

psssssssht to all that
lies all lies :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Originally posted by s0uljah

Now, I think other people added to it as they saw fit, and different versions appeared throughout time, using the Bible for parts of it.

lol
how come my Quran mentions that what came before it was distorted and ur bible doesn't bother to mention anything like 'a man will come in the future , claming to be a prophet , he is muhammed , don't listen to him?'
I mean you think Bible is from god and Quran is not ..So why didn't god add that in?

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Sorry Havoc,

I don't buy it. And in time, facts and simple reasoning will make it clearer as organized Islam and Christendom become exposed.

During WWII for example, the German people were predominantly either Lutheran or Catholic. They were egged on by their clergy to wage war in defense of their Fatherland. So, you are saying, they were extremists? Hardly. They were the norm. And in fact, they wounded and killed millions of people of their very own faith in other lands. No wonder the churches in Germany are basically empty, except for handfuls of old women.

What action did the Lutheran or Catholic church take upon its blood thirsty members. Of course NONE, because it was the clergy themselves that incited such wickedness.

Even right now, chaplins are soothing consciouses as young men learn how to kill. Whether here or there. Can you ever imagine Jesus doing that.

Should we examine another war? How about the American civil war when Baptists killed Baptists over the slave issue. Oh my goodness, don't you get it. What did the clergy do? Did they excommunicate or discipline their members for their acts of violence?

No wonder thinking people are turned off by such hypocrisy. And no wonder, millions are flocking to true Christianity whose members are no part of this wicked world. They remain neutral with regards to the squabbles of the nations and would rather be persecuted, jailed, or killed, then to act like the wickedness of Islam or Christendom.

Upvote 0

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Curious, hate to have you bombarded with questions. Why is it that where Islam is, we see the poorest, most diseased barren place in the world, with oppression. And, at least for the time being when Christianity was the governing religion, we saw science, health, happiness, and techonology, like during the 1800's. This is before Liberalism became a national religion.

What is the purpose of hell. In Christianity, it is because God cannot co-exist with sin, so He prepared a seperate place. Hell is where people still have sin remaining on their souls, and God CANNOT let them in. He wants all in, but if they did not rcieve forgiveness, they're out. What is the purpose of hell in Islam?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by lared
Sorry Havoc,

I don't buy it. And in time, facts and simple reasoning will make it clearer as organized Islam and Christendom become exposed.

During WWII for example, the German people were predominantly either Lutheran or Catholic. They were egged on by their clergy to wage war in defense of their Fatherland. So, you are saying, they were extremists? Hardly. They were the norm. And in fact, they wounded and killed millions of people of their very own faith in other lands. No wonder the churches in Germany are basically empty, except for handfuls of old women.

What action did the Lutheran or Catholic church take upon its blood thirsty members. Of course NONE, because it was the clergy themselves that incited such wickedness.

Even right now, chaplins are soothing consciouses as young men learn how to kill. Whether here or there. Can you ever imagine Jesus doing that.

Should we examine another war? How about the American civil war when Baptists killed Baptists over the slave issue. Oh my goodness, don't you get it. What did the clergy do? Did they excommunicate or discipline their members for their acts of violence?

No wonder thinking people are turned off by such hypocrisy. And no wonder, millions are flocking to true Christianity whose members are no part of this wicked world. They remain neutral with regards to the squabbles of the nations and would rather be persecuted, jailed, or killed, then to act like the wickedness of Islam or Christendom.

Wow, you are misguided.  People like Hitler and Stalin of WW2 were former Christians turned Pagan.  And we saw the result of their atheism.

Ignorance breeds lies.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Muslimah

lol
how come my Quran mentions that what came before it was distorted and ur bible doesn't bother to mention anything like 'a man will come in the future , claming to be a prophet , he is muhammed , don't listen to him?'
I mean you think Bible is from god and Quran is not ..So why didn't god add that in?

He did!  He said false prophets and deceivers would appear.  Bingo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Souljah,

Where in the Gospels does it say that Jesus said he was God?

I've puzzled over this question for many years, and have never found a passage that supports that he said he was God. Nor, in all my years of parochial school education or later Bible Study have I heard it.

Thanks,

Patty

Patty-

Its in your Private Message inbox, thanks.

Upvote 0
If all you have to offer to this debate is to stick you tongue out, laugh, and lie about your country of origin, then I suggest you stick to the kiddie forums on somewhere like offtopic.net

Why is it so important to you where im from anyway?
lol

Your Jesus answer was funny , i had to laugh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Brian45

souljah  ,  Why couldn't you say it openly  ?

Tired of repeating myself...I have said it openly all throught these forums, but people keep asking the same stuff over and over.  I respect Patty's intellect, and I wanted to address her personally.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟26,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You are a troll.  I will stop feeding you, and maybe you wil go away.  I doubt you are even Muslim.

If I had said something like you did , I would have been warned or banned .

Do catholics have right of way when it comes to insults ?

Upvote 0