Pacific Northwest
✟16,741.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
please dont debate in this thread, please follow the link and debate the rules there.

thanks!
What do you mean, “please follow the link and debate the rules there.” If there is a thread about a recent political poll where would someone go to debate that poll and what they thought it meant?
:confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Discussion & Debate section. There is a politics section. This section is still debate free.
But that's the problem. The Politics section has been closed for two months! If there is a problem with debating going on here it's because our designated debating spot has been closed to us. And I don't want to put this in the Wiki discussion thread because I don't want to derail that. When is the Politics forum going to be reopened? Until it is, you're going to have problems here because like it or not any discussion of a political issue is going to become a debate, and simply saying "no debating" is not a solution.

Upvote 0

smile

Change? Good. This? Bad.
Jul 11, 2003
See that box on the curb? Not too shabby, eh?
✟5,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But that's the problem. The Politics section has been closed for two months! If there is a problem with debating going on here it's because our designated debating spot has been closed to us. And I don't want to put this in the Wiki discussion thread because I don't want to derail that. When is the Politics forum going to be reopened? Until it is, you're going to have problems here because like it or not any discussion of a political issue is going to become a debate, and simply saying "no debating" is not a solution.

I was unaware of that. However, the rules or suggestions rather now, still stand. If you wish to see if any changes can be done with that rule/suggestion, feel free to go to Wiki section, it won't derail it, that's the whole purpose of it.

If you don't think that rule will work, come up with a better solution and post it in the Wiki area for discussion.

I do not know when it'll be reopened, as I have nothing to do with that area.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Refine what "credible news site" means, too subjective and all to often the moderators use this to delet threads they do not politicaly agree with.

I would, for example, discount Weekly World News as a credible legit source! Same would go with hate sites, like the WBC site or sites that openly flame Christianity (I'm sure they are out there)

However, as long as a news source is legit, it should not matter whether the source is right-wing, left-wing, liberal or neutral!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I personally would love to see one or more of the present moderators clarify what the distinction is that they have used in the past as between discussion and debate; I think that working starting from that point may be useful.

As for "credible news source," my own sense is that it's impossible to be completely unbiased in reporting -- is he a "prominent citizen accused of embezzling" or an "alleged embezzler"? your choice of words subtly colors your story, either way. But credible news sources fact check and sincerely try to report both sides of a controversy, and do not presuppose a given ideological structure.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.