Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @mama2one, I think they should do whatever they want/whatever makes them feel comfortable. After all, it's ~their~ wedding :)

Of course, I believe that the flipside should be a choice that we can make as well (by anyone who wants to make it/feels comfortable making it), since more than 1/2 of the US population has been fully vaccinated at this point, and the largest group that hasn't been (16 yr olds and under), don't need to be.

The good news is, many/most of our States are open/back to normal, or they will be very soon :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

--David

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here we go. The maddness begins...

Soon, you wont be able to buy or sell with one! Yikes!
Let's hope not :( (then again, it does seem like the world has gone mad, so I guess we shall see :rolleyes:).

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Soon, you wont be able to buy or sell without one! Yikes!

a) What is maddness?
b) "Soon, you wont be able to buy or sell without one!" is reductio ad absurdum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny if nobody showed up.

articles says:

"couple said that their guests do not have a problem with showing their vaccination cards, according to the report."

so guests will be showing up for their friends!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,955.00
Faith
Non-Denom
articles says:

"couple said that their guests do not have a problem with showing their vaccination cards, according to the report."

so guests will be showing up for their friends!
Yeah that's in the article.

Wouldn't mean though 100% or them are vaccinated though. An unvaccinated person might likewise claim the have no problem with them doing it too.....but they might tell them I guess I won't be able to come.

Beyond just this couple I suppose this might become a trend. I suppose there might come a lot of broken hearts where a new bride/groom wouldn't even be able to have a close family member come. I just can't believe that a great many just turn against other family members in hate although I'm sure some don't mind throwing off family ties over anything. And it might not be out of hate but still.......

I'm curious how this way of thinking might work through the overall culture. Could one spouse tell another if I can't have my dear sibling, a brother, sister whatever, to the wedding I'm not interested then . We'll just get married with the Justice of the Peace. Maybe they'll feel they just can't live with themselves telling their dear sister she can't come. That would not be a great thing to have on your memory the rest of your life. Wedding pictures....everyone in them except maybe the one they loved the most!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious how this way of thinking might work through the overall culture.

they could always livestream for those unable to attend?

we watched live-stream funeral of two family members lost last year; we were ONLY immediate family that didn't attend one of them

(noticed on live stream, some weren't wearing masks AND there was a lot of coughing so glad we didn't go)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Soon, you wont be able to buy or sell without one! Yikes!

Begins?
Public K-12 Schools have been requiring proof of vaccination for Decades.

Decades.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
I say anyone that wants to attend step up and identify yourself as a vaccinated person. It works for men in womens sports and bathrooms and people claiming they are other races to get preferred status in employment. We shouldn't discriminate against people who identify themselves as anything should we?

Reactions: Crwth
Upvote 0