✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dear Yitzchak,

Attacks are an integral part of the Christian life during this church age, but I don't think we can reduce satan's activity to a mathematic formula. First, the attacks sometimes come after, not before, the blessing, as the adversary attempts to steal back what was given. This is clearly shown in the place where Jesus likened his generation to a man cleansed of a devil, who then suffered even worse when seven more came back to afflict him. So in general we don't know when satan is going to strike.

Nor should we disparage any progress we make in the Lord that seems to come without an attack. Studying, praying, receiving revelation, winning someone to the Lord, strengthening others - all may bring progress with no discernible attack involved. Sometimes our biggest hurdle in progressing spiritually is not the devil but ourselves.

It would seem to make sense that the magnitude of a work would determine the amount of opposition. But then, it may be harder to win one demon-possessed person to the Lord than to hold a meeting and win 100. I don't know that we're equipped to assay these things accurately.

We are told to expect opposition and suffering, but also overwhelming victory, fruit and glory "always". If we are in the Lord, and in His will, we have no need to fear the devil, and every reason to believe we have complete authority over him when he does rise up. Beyond that, we should probably expect the unexpected, and resolve never to let his threats rob us of our blessed peace in Christ.

AMEN

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
basicaly satan's modus operandi is to steal, kill, and destroy.

so if he can plant a seed of doubt, or tempt a man to turn his back on what is right, or throw barriers in his way, he can potentially destroy a witness for Christ. all of those can come before a blessing.

on the other hand, if he can catch a Christian off his guard when things are going good, or just after a victory, he can steal the joy from their heart.

that's why we are told to watch and pray; watch for what God is doing, don't take our eyes off Him, and pray that we might be protected from the wiles of the evil one, just as Jesus prayed for Peter when satan desired to sift him and discredit him.

Jesus prayed for all of us in John 17:20-26 before He died, that we might all be one because he knew the strength of the love that He shared with the Father and with His disciples would be a bond that satan could not break after He was gone from them.
To that purpose He sent the Holy Spirit to them and to us, that we might be united together in the strength of His love, that we might have the same communion with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit that Jesus himself had and has today.

it is in that strength that we can resist satan and he will flee from us, not being able to kill, steel, or destroy what God has made thru His love. :amen:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 2:8
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

:thumbsup:

Exactly.

This scripture specifically says that if they'd known (indicating that they did not know) what would result from the crucifixion they'd have never done it. It certainly does not support the theory that Satan tried to stop the crucifixion because he knew he'd be defeated. Quite the opposite, actually.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
A few months ago I felt Lucifer's presence come to me, and he made himself available so that I knew I could talk to him at any time if I wanted to. He also let me know in no uncertain terms that he is a busy individual, and that he had no desire to sit back and just chat with me. But for some mysterious reason he was available to talk if I had anything important to say. :doh:

It's been a very annoying time for me. Part of me just wants to talk about this here because it was mentioned earlier in this thread that you'd have to be someone very special for the Devil to want to talk with you personally. But pride was one of my first suspicions of "why" he was hanging out. And from there I went on to suspecting myself of all kinds of vice, that he would take interest in me.

After a couple months I did eventually break, and started asking him what he was doing and listened to what he had to say. I even believed a good portion of it for a short time, until I found out that it was completely untrue!

MY conclusion: I don't care anymore. I don't care what the Devil is up to. I couldn't care less about his motivation, his mission in life, or his plans for the future. I don't care how many demons are on his side, their names or their ranks.

I only mention this because I think this is the way it should be. Satan's kingdom is a non-issue. We have the authority to cast them out of our way when we have to, but Jesus warned that this is nothing to rejoice over. It's a non-issue! Our job is to focus on our project we are doing for the Kingdom of Heaven, and don't give the Devil or his kingdom a second thought.

All too often we are tempted to respond when we see satan at work. If he is opposing us, we think we must be doing God's will; and if he joins in beside us we freak out and run away. But God's will is known when we look to God, not at satan! We are supposed to be about our Father's business irregardless of whether satan is opposing us, or doing something to "help."

Satan is totally and completely insignificant. :cool:

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting theory.

Though I have to wonder, if Satan can't see the future, how did he know he would be defeated at the cross?

Satan read Isaiah and the Psalms I assume.

yeah I don't believe Satan thwarted it at all as there is a scripture that says as much in 1 Corinthians

1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Cr 2:8
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2 is talking about men, not demons. That entire chapter talks about MEN who are spiritually blind and MEN who can see spiritually see. It has nothing to do with what I said.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
"We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him". (1 John 5v18)

Well we all know from experience his tactics, he's like someone who points a finger at you and wants to start a fight.

As long as we stay in the Spirit and don't take the bait, like a force field around us, he can't get in.

Of course at times things do get a little "near the mark" , but we hold on, resisting our flesh that wants to retaliate and hence get the victory.

DEAD MEN DON'T REACT & CAN'T BE KILLED, AS WE PRESS FORWARD, THE BULLETS SIMPLY BOUNCE OFF US.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Corinthians 2 is talking about men, not demons. That entire chapter talks about MEN who are spiritually blind and MEN who can see spiritually see. It has nothing to do with what I said.

You'd think that if Satan and the demons were as informed as your theory suggests about what would happen to them at the crucifixion, they'd have done a better job of communicating that to the MEN who were acting on their behalf.

Personally, I believe that Satan had no clue what was going to happen at the crucifixion (as 1 Corinthians 2 seems to indicate), and that which he intended for evil, God turned for the ultimate good of all mankind.

IMO, the theory that Satan sought to stop the crucifixion is just that; a theory, and a pretty unscriptural one at that.

Upvote 0