Kcmo
✟8,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here. Many atheists will attack Christians online or in person. They will say everything we believe is false and get so mad when we believe in it. They seek out Christians to mock. If they truly believed Christianity was false, then why would they attack it so much? I don’t believe in aliens, and I don’t go around attacking people that believe in them. (When I say attack I mean with words not physically.)

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very good observation! Many atheist are compelled to spread the lies, they believe in, in the hearts of believers, to convince them to let go of their faith in God, like they did so they become like them.

Strangely they hate God and often time His people. i don't understand why an atheist would hate the Creator of Heaven and Earth. Our Heavenly Father is the most loving Being any one could ever meet. Yet atheist seem compelled to drag His name through the dirt.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I didn’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here. Many atheists will attack Christians online or in person. They will say everything we believe is false and get so mad when we believe in it. They seek out Christians to mock. If they truly believed Christianity was false, then why would they attack it so much? I don’t believe in aliens, and I don’t go around attacking people that believe in them. (When I say attack I mean with words not physically.)
I think because at the same time Christianity has a much larger quantity of those who do politic their beliefs on to others, and sometimes these beliefs are out of a very uneducated and fundamental interpretation of scripture. This is not the same with people who believe in aliens.

Then there are those who do just have a bitterness towards their past, and being a christian is part of that.

However, there has been a paradigm shift in where Atheists (mostly kids) became more annoying, irrational, self-righteous, and all those things they've attacked christians politically on and this is exhibited through the left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

I consider it an honor, actually.

But while I find maybe even most of them to be intellectually dishonest, occasionally I find some willing to simply discuss and reason, without damning anybody. They don't rely on smart-uhh, er, comments of other Atheists. Some of them are good at pointing out discrepancies, logical fallacies and bias I was not aware of within my own thinking, and that is good for me. At least two of them I have spoken with on this site I have found to be more intellectually honest than I am, short of not seeing the obvious that God talks about in Romans 1: "19 For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse."…

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don’t believe in aliens, and I don’t go around attacking people that believe in them. (When I say attack I mean with words not physically.)

Good example.

Just imagine that people who believed in aliens had special privileges before the law, could practice discrimination and we would get “truth is out there” X files posters on public governmental building and there would be a little green man on your dollar bill while when justifying in court you would be expected to put your hand on alien toy blaster gun while you pledged to speak the truth.

That you could prevent a critical medical procedure from your dying daughter on the grounds that little green men don’t support it and that it is better for her to die.

Then imagine a man who believed all of the above would be elected to rule over you.

Think it might cause you a bit of worry ?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
John 15
"This is My command to you: Love one another. 18If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 19If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.…"
2 Corinthians 4
3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

I'm far more surprised when an atheist respects my point of view and does not resort to mocking and ridicule. They are Satan's unwitting dupes and so know no better.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Atheism/progressivism/humanism is the anti faith spearheaded by the enemy of all souls, Satan. His goal since the beginning was to eliminate God with his own system of worship... worship of nature above the Creator is idolatry 101. It takes far more faith to believe in the evolutionary position than Christianity, imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
With that attitude you find it surprising you don’t have positive exchange of ideas with atheists ?
I came to that conclusion after many years of fruitless discussion, starting with my father. It's also what the Bible says. I unwittingly got onto a blog called the friendly atheist. The blog owner was friendly enough but not the commentators. I chose to disengage from the discussion The owner asked me to come back because he liked my reasoned approach. I politely declined.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I unwittingly got onto a blog called the friendly atheist. The blog owner was friendly enough but not the commentators. I chose to disengage from the discussion The owner asked me to come back because he liked my reasoned approach. I politely declined.

That’s cool. Too bad it didn’t work out.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many atheists will attack Christians online or in person. They will say everything we believe is false and get so mad when we believe in it. They seek out Christians to mock.
Each atheist is a unique person, to get to know, I would say.

occasionally I find some willing to simply discuss and reason, without damning anybody.
It can be a "good cop, bad cop" strategy. In Satan's kingdom there are ones who try to break us with bashing, while others try to charm us to accept what they want. And both can be wrong. One can hurt me, so then I am weak in pain so I accept another's charm in order to try to soothe myself. The soother might not be an atheist, of course.

One thing I notice is how certain ones try to charm us with the idea that they are not terrible people. They make it seem like they are nice and therefore don't need Jesus. But being able to act nice is not enough. Jesus is so better than any of us humans are! . . . including in how He is able to have us discover how to love. God has so more and better for people. So, it is not wise to claim I am nice and therefore I don't need Jesus. We need to become like Jesus so we are compatible with Him, so we can spend eternity together; or else in our conceit of feeling we are enough without Him . . . we are not compatible with the One who really loves. We can't be creative in loving, like our Creator, except through Jesus who is the way > John 14:6.

I now understand that worldly people are mainly about preference for pleasure. Ones might have been brought up by religious parents who were not living in God's love and so they were not deeply satisfied people. So, their children discover how their religious copy-catting has not helped their parents; and so the children in desperation go to peers who likewise do not help those children. And then is when in desperation they seek various sorts of foolish pleasure, trying to make themselves satisfied.

But enough is never enough.

And so they are a product of superficially religious homes. So, if we do not like what really is a product, stop what is helping to produce it, and become examples with Jesus. And do not be fooled into supposing that the real church has gone downhill; because what God has done keeps working, keeps succeeding. But products of superficial Christianity are evidence of its failure . . . not of Jesus and His church.

So, I do not buy reports of certain "revivals" which have spurted but then sputtered. God keeps giving "increase" > 1 Corinthians 3:6-7; also we have Philippians 2:12; and Paul says God brought better results than Paul and others had hoped > 2 Corinthians 8:5. So, from these scriptures I personally understand that God's way and church continues to do better and more. But this world can make it seem otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good example.

Just imagine that people who believed in aliens had special privileges before the law, could practice discrimination and we would get “truth is out there” X files posters on public governmental building and there would be a little green man on your dollar bill while when justifying in court you would be expected to put your hand on alien toy blaster gun while you pledged to speak the truth.

That you could prevent a critical medical procedure from your dying daughter on the grounds that little green men don’t support it and that it is better for her to die.

Then imagine a man who believed all of the above would be elected to rule over you.

Think it might cause you a bit of worry ?

It still won't bother me, coz I still know they are not real. It will actually be kinda fun and worth a lot of giggles just to humor them as I have nothing against little green men. See the difference?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It still won't bother me, coz I still know they are not real. It will actually be kinda fun and worth a lot of giggles just to humor them as I have nothing against little green men. See the difference?

Uhm no. If your neighbors kid dies because his parents deny her the lifesaving treatment based on their belief that little green men would disapprove that kid is still dead.

Most people would not find that giggle worthy and fun.

Upvote 0

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uhm no. If your neighbors kid dies because his parents deny her the lifesaving treatment based on their belief that little green men would disapprove that kid is still dead.

Most people would not find that giggle worthy and fun.

That would be the extreme exception, why fixate on that? Even in real life, you don't hear a lot of Christians doing that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marc b

Nov 2, 2020
Ottawa, Ontario
✟18,046.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know of at least 3 atheist who grew up in a Christian family. Then a beloved member died (one of the parent) or a girlfriend. This despite all the begging they did for God to heal them. They became active atheist as a way to hate God for not answering their prayers.

I remember in university, a girl friends close uncle was dying of cancer and i encouraged her we pray for healing. She turned on me when he died. Only her sister also a close friend of our group held her going all out on me.

Based on this, I suspect the most rabid atheists actually do believe God. It's just that they want to deny His existence. Which explains why Christians get all the hate. It's like satan taking out his hate on us humans, because we are created in Gods image.

Upvote 0