Attack from other co-workers because I am a strong Christian.

TheLight2016

Jun 5, 2016
South Carolina
✟15,154.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I have recently been taken up siege, with a feeling like I am fighting against the devil. I have currently been on my current job for more than 16 years, I have one co-worker I try and stand away from, for the way this person exhibits to others- with gothic looking tattoos, devil signs, blood coming from evil clowns on her body. We work in different departments, but my newest co-worker is in my department. Does not like me either, once she found that out it is now a tag team after me. But I have no other problems with people I work with. I try and refrain from confrontation and this newest co-worker is always trying to pick a fight with me, and call me out or bring me down. Now it has turned into a Human Resources problem, he continues to tell lies on me- None of it is true. I am afraid the way he puts things into words with the management team telling his lies- they believe them. I am so afraid of loosing my job- I feel like I am a strong Christian and I Love Jesus, but feel like the devil is trying to tear me apart.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton

TheLight2016

Jun 5, 2016
South Carolina
✟15,154.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I have recently been taken up siege, with a feeling like I am fighting against the devil. I have currently been on my current job for more than 16 years, I have one co-worker I try and stand away from, for the way this person exhibits to others- with gothic looking tattoos, devil signs, blood coming from evil clowns on her body. We work in different departments, but my newest co-worker is in my department. Does not like me either, once she found that out it is now a tag team after me. But I have no other problems with people I work with. I try and refrain from confrontation and this newest co-worker is always trying to pick a fight with me, and call me out or bring me down. Now it has turned into a Human Resources problem, he continues to tell lies on me- None of it is true. I am afraid the way he puts things into words with the management team telling his lies- they believe them. I am so afraid of loosing my job- I feel like I am a strong Christian and I Love Jesus, but feel like the devil is trying to tear me apart.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well, know that I'm on your side, and you don't deserve that kind of treatment.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was told before I started working that I should never mention politics or religion and I have done so only once but with someone I know well at work. Otherwise its a private matter and I leave it be.

I have not seen it lead to much good.

I wish you the best.

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If the managers aren't listening to your complaints go and see your trade union representative. They should be able to help you. There is no place for discrimination in the workplace whether against the disabled, gays, different races or different religions.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
First of all know that the world hates those who trust and serve the Lord. What you are experiencing is normal and yet it isn't anywhere close to what the early believers suffered. Their very lives were in danger.

Secondly recognize that some people bring such hatred on themselves by making a show of their religion and wearing it in such a way that all may see. I am not saying that is what you are doing but it may be something to consider.

Third simply trust the Lord to do what is right.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As someone who has been laid off more than once, I can relate to your fear. It seems once HR gets involved things get ugly. If I were you I'd document every encounter with these people who are trying to get you. Date, time, what happened, who all was there, etc. When HR calls you into their office (which they probably will, if they haven't already), you'll at least have documentation about what happened versus the hearsay of the others. Usually, documentation outweighs hearsay. Good luck -- this is not an easy position to be in.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're being harassed , like dysert said , document .. HR is terrified of harassment in any form .. Make sure you continue to do your job well as part of your testimony and pray to break the spiritual strongholds according to the Word .. When I've had similar problems I just remained faithful and most of the time if you give them enough rope they'll hang themselves with it .. And if they see they can't bother you they usually find some one else and it gets turned back on them .. Stay strong ..

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Well it's not the devil, they're just jerks.

You need to document incidents, write down exactly what happened, write it down, every time and go to HR yourself and file a formal complaint. This is not about the devil or god or being strong in Christ, this about harassment and discrimination and abuse and it's illegal. You do not need to be strong for Jesus and endure it, you need to stand up for yourself and go file a formal complaint and bring evidence. If all you can do is write down exactly what happened and bring that in then do it. By a tape recorder and start recording conversations and do not embrace their conflict, tell them you want to remain professional and keep business about work.

Try your best to keep your religion at home or in your heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am a strong Christian and I Love Jesus,

Matthew C5
43"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust.
46 For if you love those who love you, what recompense will you have? Do not the tax collectors do the same?
47 And if you greet your brothers only, what is unusual about that? Do not the pagans do the same?

14 You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.
15 Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house.
16 Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.

Upvote 0

TheLight2016

Jun 5, 2016
South Carolina
✟15,154.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Well it's not the devil, they're just jerks.

You need to document incidents, right down exactly what happened, write it down, every time and go to HR yourself and file a formal complaint. This is not about the devil or god or being strong in Christ, this about harassment and discrimination and abuse and it's illegal. You do not need to be strong for Jesus and endure it, you need to stand up for yourself and go file a formal complaint and bring evidence. If all you can do is write down exactly what happened and bring that in then do it. By a tape recorder and start recording conversations and do not embrace their conflict, tell them you want to remain professional and keep business about work.

Try your best to keep your religion at home or in your heart.

Thank you so much for the insight, this mess has been going on since the first of the year. The male co-worker is always looking to start some sort of confrontation with me, it is now a HR matter. We have had two meetings so far, one with my upper management and the other with HR now involved. There resolution to the problem is for me to put it behind me and try and move forward, that's easier said than done when i keep having flashbacks of the first time he went bannaas on me up in my face yelling, I DID nothing wrong. He was angry at the fact, he didnt like how work was divided up- I had no control over that. The next time he hunted me down in the facility to yell at me once again. I am afraid and I know I shouldnt because Jesus will take control and justice will be served.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you so much for the insight, this mess has been going on since the first of the year. The male co-worker is always looking to start some sort of confrontation with me, it is now a HR matter. We have had two meetings so far, one with my upper management and the other with HR now involved. There resolution to the problem is for me to put it behind me and try and move forward, that's easier said than done when i keep having flashbacks of the first time he went bannaas on me up in my face yelling, I DID nothing wrong. He was angry at the fact, he didnt like how work was divided up- I had no control over that. The next time he hunted me down in the facility to yell at me once again. I am afraid and I know I shouldnt because Jesus will take control and justice will be served.

Uhm... the solution should not be for you to put this behind you and move on, people look for you and scream at you? That's crazy.

Unless they make it absolutely clear that HIS conduct will not continue this way then it's not done. Either he has to STOP or you should tell them you'll get your own lawyer and sue them because this company is not taking care of you! You have a right to go to work and do your job without being harassed. No matter how strong you are.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Attention please.jpg

As there were two Threads on the same subject
they have been merged together.
Please be aware that you are
now posting in the
Baptists forum and
must post in line
with the SOP of this area.
Thank you for your attention
We now return you to the Topic at hand!​

Upvote 0

PrettyboyAndy

• Andy •
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Toronto/NY
✟93,218.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Light 2016, I have had a very similar event happen to me.

I agree with Dean and Dyserts suggestions:

Do the following:
Keep a very detailed list of each event that occurred from day 1 or of recent when these issues occured, and if you don't know the dates write:

On or about (Month and date) So and So (whoever it was) did (whatever they did). Also include very accurate details as of where it was, and if anyone was around.

I would compile a very detailed list/compliant, and hand deliver it to the HR (Write Hand delivered without prejudice on the top) and also say you will seek legal remedies if this is not dealt with accordingly.

If it is because you are a female, that is discrimination, if it is because you are a Christian that is also discrimination. Which is not allowed in the workplace.

Make sure you have both your written complaints and a copy of their answers. If they have a meeting tell them you want minutes of the meeting or a letter detailing out the meeting you had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well no, he doesnt know God so pray for him anyway. Paul when he was saul did that the same, persecuted christians and he did it out if ignorance and unbelief. Dont take it personally.

Love your enemies, pray for them.

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A few, somewhat random, thoughts:

1. It's a job, not a marriage, you should be ready to leave (or be dumped) at a moment's notice. Sixteen years or sixteen days, your job could come to an end tomorrow. Build up your liquid savings to the point where you could live for several months with no income.
2. Talk to an employee rights attorney - ideally a Christian attorney. The initial consultation should be free.
3. As the song goes, "Let it Go." Don't hash up old memories only to torment yourself.
4. Check you state and local laws for recording individuals without their knowledge. If legal, when an aggressive co-worker approaches you, record them on your cell phone. Audio should be sufficient. Keep the phone out of view.
5. Most larger employers have surveillance systems. Request surveillance video when accused of wrongdoing.

Upvote 0