Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The OP is about the redemptive work of Christ on the cross. I have not seen Dr. Craig talk about what happens after we die at all (I am only on chapter 2 though).
I was talking about the quote in question on p. 168. Can you look there and see if I am not properly interpreting the meaning of the statement? Is he talking about eternal punishment in the statement or not?
"Atonement and the Death of Christ" WLC's latest book
TD:)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I was talking about the quote in question on p. 168. Can you look there and see if I am not properly interpreting the meaning of the statement? Is he talking about eternal punishment in the statement or not?
"Atonement and the Death of Christ" WLC's latest book

I can sure check!

I am afraid there is only one mention of "eternal punishment" in the entire book and it's not in the book, but a footnote reading:

"20 For a brief response to objections to the doctrine of eternal punishment, see J. P. Moreland and William Lane Craig, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, 2nd ed. (Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity, 2017), 631–33.
Craig, William Lane. Atonement and the Death of Christ (p. 130). Baylor University Press. Kindle Edition."

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can sure check!

I am afraid there is only one mention of "eternal punishment" in the entire book and it's not in the book, but a footnote reading:

"20 For a brief response to objections to the doctrine of eternal punishment, see J. P. Moreland and William Lane Craig, Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview, 2nd ed. (Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity, 2017), 631–33.
Craig, William Lane. Atonement and the Death of Christ (p. 130). Baylor University Press. Kindle Edition."
Ok, I don't have the context to it. But it sure looks like he's talking about the concept on p. 168, since the subject is penal substitution.

Upvote 0