USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Christian myself speaking: I did not realize how many atheists are here. I think this is great!

I have seen some nasty stuff from "Christians" on here towards them. I have to wonder how this is showing the light and love of Christ? How can anyone see Christ in us if we respond like the world? I am not condemning anyone in this post it just got me thinking.

I just felt awful seeing people treat them like muck. Christ came to the lost which WE ALL ONCE WERE! Never forget our beginnings!

I pray that we ask guidance of the Lord before we post, we never know who is watching!

*Another thing that is even confusing for me as a Baby Christian is dealing with all the different sub groups of Christianity & their unique denominations & takes on the Bible, faith & theology: Calvinist, Baptist, Anabaptist, Pentecostal, Lutheran, Arminian, Messianic, Anglican, Orthodox, the list goes ONNNN and ONNNN

And each of these groups think THEY are the right way when truly it is CHRIST who is the only way and Truth. (Not bashing my fellow brothers & sisters in those above groups just making an observation) I love the bretheran.

^
It was a job to study all this stuff, so I am sure this is overwhelming for a new believer or even an atheist..

Lets pray for those who come against us and those who don't.

I do not wish to argue in this thread so please no hateful statements from atheists or Christians.

Last edited:

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As Christian myself speaking: I did not release how many atheists are here. I think this is great!

I have seen some nasty stuff from "Christians" on here towards them. I have to wonder how this is showing the light and love of Christ? How can anyone see Christ in us if we respond like the world? I am not condemning anyone in this post it just got me thinking.

I just felt awful seeing people treat them like muck. Christ came to the lost which WE ALL ONCE WERE! Never forget our beginnings!

I pray that we ask guidance of the Lord before we post, we never know who is watching!

*Another thing that is even confusing for me as a Baby Christian is dealing with all the different sub groups of Christianity & their unique denominations & takes on the Bible, faith & theology: Calvinist, Baptist, Anabaptist, Pentecostal, Lutheran, Arminian, Messianic, Anglican, Orthodox, the list goes ONNNN and ONNNN

And each of these groups think THEY are the right way when truly it is CHRIST who is the only way and Truth. (Not bashing my fellow brothers & sisters in those above groups just making an observation) I love the bretheran.

^
It was a job to study all this stuff, so I am sure this is overwhelming for a new believer or even an atheist..

I do not wish to argue in this thread so please no hateful statements from atheists or Christians.

Thanks for your kind words. We're not lost, though.

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
People like to gather into their tribes and defend their turf, and that applies to intellectual/emotional turf as well as a patch of land. It's an unfortunate human trait - unless we take effort to do otherwise, we often want to be heard more than we want to listen.

I've learned important, wondrous things from Christians, Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. I've known truly amazing people from all points on the tapestry of theological belief, from the unshakably devout to the full hard-atheist materialist.

I wouldn't change that either. It's made me treasure each and every person on this pale blue dot more, along with my little time on it.

Whether anyone is lost or not is not my call to make. They are a fellow human being, and I'm sure there is something we can teach each other if we're open to truly listening, and we will both come away being more than we were before.

Or at least that's my idealistic perspective. My cynical one is... less polyanna and involves copious amounts of expletives. :smirk:

Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I found myself having to correct me this this morning with Romans 12:18: "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." Mr. Virus, I disagree with you, but I respect your right to have your own opinion, sir.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most of my online acquaintances are atheists because I respect their ideas. I usually find myself in disagreement with most of what the religious right proposes. I’m not ready to live in one of their dysfunctional misogynistic theocracies . Yet I’m not a atheist and I usually find them to be thoughtful people ( I always thought that faith is between you and God also. Religion isn’t necessarily about faith in God . )

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
As Christian myself speaking: I did not release how many atheists are here. I think this is great!

^

Who treats atheists like muck? many on here are here for the sake of arguments, and not in the slight bit interested in "learning". Of course it is great that they are on here, but if all they want to do is mock or foolishly challenge what Christians believe, then what is the point?

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Who treats atheists like muck? many on here are here for the sake of arguments, and not in the slight bit interested in "learning". Of course it is great that they are on here, but if all they want to do is mock or foolishly challenge what Christians believe, then what is the point?

Sometimes I see Christians treat them that way and are very "hollier than thou" towards them. Reminds me of the Pharisee and the Tax collector story Jesus told.

I beg to differ, if they are just here to argue then ignore them, but some are here for learning. We do not see the heart and their intentions as God does. So give them the benefit of the doubt and never cease to pray for all.

I've seen some things on here and other places treat them as if they are not worthy of prayers from us and telling them to get off of this forum... Jesus came to heal the sick that is all of us! If someone is saying something disrespectful we can ignore and choose not to engage in that behavior. We can walk away if someone, Christian or atheist is abusing us though through harsh words. You know what let them mock, we all mocked God before coming to Him. Let God handle it as it says "God will not be mocked."

Again I am no condemning anyone just made me think and even check myself.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Of course I only read certain sub forums, but I haven't noticed the muck either. Mostly people are friendly which is what I like about CF

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course I only read certain sub forums, but I haven't noticed the muck either. Mostly people are friendly which is what I like about CF

I think I notice it more on debate posts? I haven't been on here long so I may be only seeing a fraction of posts to be honest.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

^

Us open minded liberals are much better and accepting of other ideas than those stupid conservatives.
Opps, Sorry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen some nasty stuff from "Christians" on here towards them. I have to wonder how this is showing the light and love of Christ?
It's not just toward atheist but towards anyone who disagrees with them.
Scripture says they are known by their fruit.
What you are seeing is nothing more then fruit of the flesh masquerading as a christian all the while forgetting to be a Christian one must strive to be Christ like.

It's sad but the world is full of them.
Blessings

• Winner
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You have to give them credit for loving their neighbor so much
that they come here to try and set us straight. Gotta luv em for
how much they care!

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist

I recommend A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian D. McLaren. It's a positive look at adopting/adapting the best of all denominations into one's own life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Truth be told, I've gotten more a lot more grief here from Christians than I ever get from atheists, such as:

1) I have depression is due to the fact that I lack faith.
2) I lack discernment (and do not believe the Bible) because I don't think the world is a flat circle.
3) I am "of the world" (which is Bad) because I don't listen to only Christian(tm) music.
4) I'm probably not a RealTrue Christian because I think owls are neat birds.
5) I have demons in me because I enjoyed Final Fantasy VII.
6) I really have demons in me because I have D&D books in my home.

Etc., etc....

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sometimes I see Christians treat them that way and are very "hollier than thou" towards them. Reminds me of the Pharisee and the Tax collector story Jesus told.
Yes possibly very true at times. But you should acknowledge as well that there are times when Jesus just laid it down straight in no uncertain terms to individuals who mockingly malign God and his message. Jesus wasn't always nicey, nicey.

Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep. Luke 6:25

And then a pretty strong thing The Apostle Paul once stated,

Then Saul, who was also called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked directly at Elymas and said "O child of the devil and enemy of all righteousness! You are full of all kinds of deciet and trickery. Will you never stop perverting the straight ways of the Lord? Acts 3:10

Notice that it states Paul was "filled with the Holy Spirit" when he stated these thing. I think there are times when even us Christians aren't as filled with the Holy Spirit as we should. We may not have properly prayed as we should have maybe to start off the day so our actions and words aren't necessarily God inspired. Yapping off or speaking down at a non-believer in such times may be totally out of line because you're not in the Spirit strong enough to know how ticked off God is or isn't about certain individuals. Our actions and words should be born of revelation from God to our spirits.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
( I always thought that faith is between you and God also. Religion isn’t necessarily about faith in God . )

You never thought the gospel was for sharing or worth standing up for.defending?

Sometimes I see Christians treat them that way and are very "hollier than thou" towards them.

Things are often confused as holier than thou between even Christians, and very often because the sayer has no other defense against a truth they don't like. But for the moment I'll give benefit of the doubt and ask for a detailed example of what you mean by treating them like muck?

I beg to differ, if they are just here to argue then ignore them,

No, I won't ignore Atheists who tell lies of some type, or attempt to get believers to believe there is no God, right here on a site where I assume, over time, many visit. You can ignore if you like, but some of us simply won't/can't keep quiet at a time like that.

Not sure what exactly you saw but I do question the validity of what you say is even close to the general rule.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Truth be told, I've gotten more a lot more grief here from Christians than I ever get from atheists, such as:

1) I have depression is due to the fact that I lack faith.
2) I lack discernment (and do not believe the Bible) because I don't think the world is a flat circle.
3) I am "of the world" (which is Bad) because I don't listen to only Christian(tm) music.
4) I'm probably not a RealTrue Christian because I think owls are neat birds.
5) I have demons in me because I enjoyed Final Fantasy VII.
6) I really have demons in me because I have D&D books in my home.

Etc., etc....

Wow... To be honest me too and it hurt me. I can relate I have issues with depression and anxiety and have been accused of the same of not having faith and demonized esp. because I take medication.

Who cares about flat or round earth you know if it is round or flat I'm ok with that. Minor issue you know?

Owls are adorable and God MADE owls!!!! Lol
Yes the occult has perverted the Pure things of God but Owls are part of creation.

And the demons thing too... people put way too much power in demons than Christ.

I personally don't listen to Christan music and that had raised eyebrows in the past. I dont listen to the bad stuff I used to listen too but not fond of modern Christian Music.

Ugh.

Upvote 0