Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Something similar and different occurs near the end of the classic movie Casablanca where the Vichy French constable feigns outrage at all this stuff that went on under his rule, and pretends to be shocked and outraged by it. This is something I would not know of if the conservative blog Hot Air did not use that as a running joke/meme for similar stuff in present day politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hunter Biden story is Russian disinformation, dozens of former intel officials say. | Johns Hopkins SAIS

Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say
CNN's Facts First searchable database - CNN
CNN, MSNBC dismissed Hunter Biden’s laptop as ‘Russian disinformation’ until liberal narrative was deflated
Disinformation head Nina Jankowicz addresses Hunter Biden laptop remarks
Journalists lose face after NYT confirms Hunter Biden emails not Russian disinformation
Democratic leaders still say info on Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation

WASHINGTON (TND) — Journalists, Democrats, and anti-Trump commentators insisted the story about Hunter Biden’s laptop, which allegedly contained emails showing he was engaged in potentially illegal foreign business dealings, was Russian disinformation.

Major social media companies did the same, and blocked the story from their platforms for various lengths of time.
But now, many of those individuals and entities are eating their words in light of The New York Times report released Wednesday night, which indicated the laptop and its emails were indeed legitimate.

People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity,” the Times writes. “Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.
The Times’ piece even contradicted some of its own previous reporting downplaying the legitimacy of the story, according to The New York Post, which first reported the news on Hunter Biden’s laptop back in 2020. The Post broke the story leading up to the presidential election between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.

You know part of me is surprised those articles are still up, because often these embarrassing things get memory holed by them being deleted from the web site or Google algorithms getting changed where they become really hard to find etc.

Of course maybe they realize that doing so in this case would likely lead to a "Streisand effect."

Streisand effect - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know part of me is surprised those articles are still up, because often these things get memory holed by them being deleted from the web site or Google and other algorithms getting changed where they become really hard to find etc.

Of course maybe they realize that doing so, might create the digital version of "The Streisand effect."
Streisand effect - Wikipedia
Actually I can't find any of them when I use my phone. I had to use a PC.

• Informative
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Actually I can't find any of them when I use my phone. I had to use a PC.

I know I use to play with search engines when it comes to Google doing their early less sinister algorithm changes especially on Christian topics, where Yahoo sometimes could bring up better key word searches than Google. Really interesting on the platform difference.... I guess I thought PC and phone were suppose to work the same, but could the algorithm be affected by user searches and input the way voice dictation and auto correct texting feature is?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I use to play with search engines when it comes to Google doing their early less sinister algorithm changes especially on Christian topics, where Yahoo sometimes could bring up better key word searches than Google. Really interesting on the platform difference.... I guess I thought PC and phone were suppose to work the same, but could the algorithm be affected by user searches and input the way voice dictation and auto correct texting feature is?
I have a Samsung Galaxy using Google Chrome, when I type in something for a search I am given suggestions. I am limited to the suggestions. If there are no suggestions I can't search.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hunter Biden story is Russian disinformation, dozens of former intel officials say. | Johns Hopkins SAIS

CNN's Facts First searchable database - CNN
CNN, MSNBC dismissed Hunter Biden’s laptop as ‘Russian disinformation’ until liberal narrative was deflated
Disinformation head Nina Jankowicz addresses Hunter Biden laptop remarks
Journalists lose face after NYT confirms Hunter Biden emails not Russian disinformation
Democratic leaders still say info on Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation

WASHINGTON (TND) — Journalists, Democrats, and anti-Trump commentators insisted the story about Hunter Biden’s laptop, which allegedly contained emails showing he was engaged in potentially illegal foreign business dealings, was Russian disinformation.

Major social media companies did the same, and blocked the story from their platforms for various lengths of time.
But now, many of those individuals and entities are eating their words in light of The New York Times report released Wednesday night, which indicated the laptop and its emails were indeed legitimate.

People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity,” the Times writes. “Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.
The Times’ piece even contradicted some of its own previous reporting downplaying the legitimacy of the story, according to The New York Post, which first reported the news on Hunter Biden’s laptop back in 2020. The Post broke the story leading up to the presidential election between Donald Trump and Joe Biden.

Your actual articles from the MSM are direct reports on the letter put out by former Intel officials -- the media isn't claiming anything there, just reporting the letter. Even the CNN Fact Check article doesn't conclude that it is Russian disinformation; with the letter they state, "Biden accurately cited the letter from ex-officials, but their analysis was based on experience only, not any current insights." The rest are largely conservative media making claims about the "MSM," they don't prove your point but merely repeat the same talking points.

So, thanks for "proving" what I stated -- that while the MSM reported on the letter, they did not make constant claims that it was "Russian disinformation." If they had, I trust you would have actually linked to all of those articles that you claim exist, rather than articles that are merely reporting on the letter and right wing propaganda articles.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your actual articles from the MSM are direct reports on the letter put out by former Intel officials -- the media isn't claiming anything there, just reporting the letter. Even the CNN Fact Check article doesn't conclude that it is Russian disinformation; with the letter they state, "Biden accurately cited the letter from ex-officials, but their analysis was based on experience only, not any current insights." The rest are largely conservative media making claims about the "MSM," they don't prove your point but merely repeat the same talking points.

So, thanks for "proving" what I stated -- that while the MSM reported on the letter, they did not make constant claims that it was "Russian disinformation." If they had, I trust you would have actually linked to all of those articles that you claim exist, rather than articles that are merely reporting on the letter and right wing propaganda articles.
Unfortunately I can't pull up all the videos of people on CNN and MSNBC making the claim. I didn't prove what you stated. Again, it seems you didn't watch the news before the election. And I'm aware that the former intelligence community members were part of it, based on their "suspicion". If Republicans take the majority we may here from them
GOP demands 'experts' who dismissed Hunter Biden laptop fess up , I wasn't aware that a NBC affiliate is a right wing propaganda site,

Concerning the letter from the former intelligence community members;
"These “former intel officials” did not actually say that the “Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo.” Indeed, they stressed in their letter the opposite: namely, that they had no evidence to suggest the emails were falsified or that Russia had anything to do with them, but, instead, they had merely intuited this “suspicion” based on their experience:

That sounds a little different than what was being reported. From the actual letter;
We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement -- just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case.

Did the headlines make this distinction? No. Example;
More Than 50 Former Intel Officials Say Hunter Biden Smear Smells Like Russia

And in some cases it wasn't just the headlines that ignored the facts
"The line was repeated over and over that the emails were part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't actually know what (if any facts) there are with regards to the Hunter Biden laptop story.
It started off as some too crazy to be believed thing.
Like, Hunter dropped his broken laptop off to a blind repairman who then passed it on to Giuliani of all people and then he started passing it to Tucker Carlson and after promoting a big reveal, Tucker then lost it. Or something like that....

It's something that has been dragging on in Right wing partisan media circles, especially in FoxNews opinion shows, but not something that has been coming up in real journalism or real media.
Even searching on in online, it is very hard to find much facts about it.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't actually know what (if any facts) there are with regards to the Hunter Biden laptop story.
It started off as some too crazy to be believed thing.
Like, Hunter dropped his broken laptop off to a blind repairman who then passed it on to Giuliani of all people and then he started passing it to Tucker Carlson and after promoting a big reveal, Tucker then lost it. Or something like that....

It's something that has been dragging on in Right wing partisan media circles, especially in FoxNews opinion shows, but not something that has been coming up in real journalism or real media.
Even searching on in online, it is very hard to find much facts about it.
What are some examples of real journalism or real media outlets?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately I can't pull up all the videos of people on CNN and MSNBC making the claim. I didn't prove what you stated. Again, it seems you didn't watch the news before the election. And I'm aware that the former intelligence community members were part of it, based on their "suspicion". If Republicans take the majority we may here from them
GOP demands 'experts' who dismissed Hunter Biden laptop fess up , I wasn't aware that a NBC affiliate is a right wing propaganda site,

Yes, some NBC affiliates -- at a minimum the ones owned by Sinclair Broadcasting Group, are right wing "propaganda." They have "speeches" that they require all of their outlets anchors (193 media outlets in 100 US media markets) to repeat, verbatim:

Concerning the letter from the former intelligence community members;
"These “former intel officials” did not actually say that the “Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo.” Indeed, they stressed in their letter the opposite: namely, that they had no evidence to suggest the emails were falsified or that Russia had anything to do with them, but, instead, they had merely intuited this “suspicion” based on their experience:

That sounds a little different than what was being reported. From the actual letter;
We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement -- just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case.

Did the headlines make this distinction? No. Example;
More Than 50 Former Intel Officials Say Hunter Biden Smear Smells Like Russia

And in some cases it wasn't just the headlines that ignored the facts
"The line was repeated over and over that the emails were part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

If "letters" claimed to be from a Trump laptop were being offered to left wing media, but not right wing media, with typically no way to validate them; if CNN and MSNBC were claiming they would not run the story because they did not find evidence against Pres. Trump, though possibly some things about his children; is the story was being sent to media by a Clinton lawyer (for example, Sussman), would you have believed the story?

Realize this is what happened, just from the other side. They were being offered by a Trump lawyer, left wing media outlets were not being allowed to see the emails or other evidence, the WSJ and Fox News were refusing to report because they found no actual evidence of ties to Joe Biden (despite having talked to Tony Bobulinski and having access to emails and text messages).

The big issue with the Hunter Biden laptop is that most of the information was coming from the "Trump campaign." Bobulinki's public comments were typically, like with the pre-draft press conference, arranged by the Trump campaign, the emails themselves came from Trump's lawyer (Giuliani) and the "MSM" wasn't even being allowed to see full copies of the emails; and two "right wing" outlets refused to report the story, either, saying they had seen no real evidence that implicated Joe Biden. I'm not sure what you expected the MSM to do, particularly when Fox wouldn't (apparently including Tucker Carlson), either.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, some NBC affiliates -- at a minimum the ones owned by Sinclair Broadcasting Group, are right wing "propaganda." They have "speeches" that they require all of their outlets anchors (193 media outlets in 100 US media markets) to repeat, verbatim:

If "letters" claimed to be from a Trump laptop were being offered to left wing media, but not right wing media, with typically no way to validate them; if CNN and MSNBC were claiming they would not run the story because they did not find evidence against Pres. Trump, though possibly some things about his children; is the story was being sent to media by a Clinton lawyer (for example, Sussman), would you have believed the story?

Realize this is what happened, just from the other side. They were being offered by a Trump lawyer, left wing media outlets were not being allowed to see the emails or other evidence, the WSJ and Fox News were refusing to report because they found no actual evidence of ties to Joe Biden (despite having talked to Tony Bobulinski and having access to emails and text messages).

The big issue with the Hunter Biden laptop is that most of the information was coming from the "Trump campaign." Bobulinki's public comments were typically, like with the pre-draft press conference, arranged by the Trump campaign, the emails themselves came from Trump's lawyer (Giuliani) and the "MSM" wasn't even being allowed to see full copies of the emails; and two "right wing" outlets refused to report the story, either, saying they had seen no real evidence that implicated Joe Biden. I'm not sure what you expected the MSM to do, particularly when Fox wouldn't (apparently including Tucker Carlson), either.
Fox did have Bobalinski on. He confirmed the emails that involved him and stated that "The Big Man " who got 10% was Joe Biden. He also asked Joe Biden's brother why they weren't worried about what they were doing with an election coming up and he said "Plausible deniability ". Fox covered the story and showed multiple instances of other media figures saying "Russian disinformation " Your scenario about Trump is what people on here call whataboutism. You said nothing about the headlines claiming Russian disinformation. The media could have ignored the story instead of tying it to Russian disinformation. Watch the interview 'Plausible deniability': Tony Bobulinski claims Biden family shrugged off concerns about risk to 2020 bid

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Fox did have Bobalinski on. He confirmed the emails that involved him and stated that "The Big Man " who got 10% was Joe Biden.

Even if this is accurate, why should we care about a Chinese deal with CEFC China Energy that never happened?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟141,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if this is accurate, why should we care about a Chinese deal with CEFC China Energy that never happened?
Why should it be labeled "Russian disinformation" if it's of no consequence?

Upvote 0