LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So you harass her over a thread she made in another part of the forum that you had no business commenting on.
Much as you may wish for a religious theocracy, it's not going to happen. I can comment on whatever I want when I want and I don't need permission from the likes of you. The victim card you keep playing has been played by Christians like you so often that it no longer has any value.
I will continue my right to express my opinion whether you like it or not and if you don't like the idea of Christians being criticised on a forum such as this then you might be better joining the knitting club at your local church!

Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you are an atheist and your goal is to goad and try to wind people up then surely you should ask yourself some questions. About motivation. As christians our goal is to spread the good news of Jesus, message of love and right living. We have no other reason. We don't want anything from anyone. This life is short but eternity awaits us all. It is vital to think about your soul's destination. We want everyone to go to the light of eternal life through Christ. The alternative is too terrible for words.
That is my opinion. It comes from a position of love.

Speaking for myself, i fully expect people to have religious beliefs and i couldnt care less who does or doesnt. All kinds of different religious beliefs in the world and 2/3 of the worlds population, just happen to disagree with yours.

What i find interesting, is not what people believe, but in how they justify their belief and how that belief, impacts how they judge others, simply because they disagree with them.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Much as you may wish for a religious theocracy, it's not going to happen. I can comment on whatever I want when I want and I don't need permission from the likes of you. The victim card you keep playing has been played by Christians like you so often that it no longer has any value.
I will continue my right to express my opinion whether you like it or not and if you don't like the idea of Christians being criticised on a forum such as this then you might be better joining the knitting club at your local church!

Asking you to respect the rules of an online forum now equals establishing a theocracy, huh?

You remind me of the whiners who complain about being banned from internet forums because they think the first amendment says they can say whatever they want on other people's websites.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Asking you to respect the rules of an online forum now equals establishing a theocracy, huh?

You remind me of the whiners who complain about being banned from internet forums because they think the first amendment says they can say whatever they want on other people's websites.
It has nothing to do with the rules of the forum, it's Christians like you who don't like criticism of their beliefs which is something that would play a large part in a religious theocracy. You only have to look at countries where a religious theocracy operates to see that.
And btw, I don't whine about being banned from internet forums because I think the first amendment says I can say whatever I want on other people's websites, for the simple reason that it is not my first amendment. I am not an American, so you can put away your victim card stop your whining, I will continue to express my opinion whether you like my opinion or not!

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Again with the mind reading...

Anyone else notice, that some christians on this site, have incredible mind reading skills and seem to know more about others thoughts, than the person themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It has nothing to do with the rules of the forum, it's Christians like you who don't like criticism of their beliefs which is something that would play a large part in a religious theocracy. You only have to look at countries where a religious theocracy operates to see that.
And btw, I don't whine about being banned from internet forums because I think the first amendment says I can say whatever I want on other people's websites, for the simple reason that it is not my first amendment. I am not an American, so you can put away your victim card stop your whining, I will continue to express my opinion whether you like my opinion or not!

So when someone wants to discuss things privately and get support from fellow believers you find it okay to harass them for it and justify that as reasonable criticism?

You make me sick.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So when someone wants to discuss things privately...

They need to do so in private, not on a public message board. The Christians only boards are still public even if atheists are not allowed to post in them.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They need to do so in private, not on a public message board. The Christians only boards are still public even if atheists are not allowed to post in them.

But it's implied that they don't want to talk about it with you. Just like there may be no law against butting into other people's business, it's still rude to do so.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So when someone wants to discuss things privately and get support from fellow believers you find it okay to harass them for it and justify that as reasonable criticism?

You make me sick.

Then go see a doctor, and if you think for one minute that you can dictate to me who I post to you are going to get a whole lot sicker and if someone uses privacy to propagate untruths about others, then you bet I can justify my criticism as being reasonable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then go see a doctor, and if you think for one minute that you can dictate to me who I post to you are going to get a whole lot sicker and if someone uses privacy to propagate untruths about others, then you bet I can justify my criticism as being reasonable.

What was untrue?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But it's implied that they don't want to talk about it with you.

If that's the case they need to refrain from posting their thoughts on a public message board frequented by the people they do not wish to discuss the matter with.

Just like there may be no law against butting into other people's business, it's still rude to do so.

I find it rude to cry victim when ones public expressions are discussed. No ones privacy was violated nor personal papers published.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you are an atheist and your goal is to goad and try to wind people up then surely you should ask yourself some questions. About motivation. As christians our goal is to spread the good news of Jesus, message of love and right living. We have no other reason. We don't want anything from anyone. This life is short but eternity awaits us all. It is vital to think about your soul's destination. We want everyone to go to the light of eternal life through Christ. The alternative is too terrible for words.
That is my opinion. It comes from a position of love.

Certain people with other beliefs want you not to reincarnate as a cockroach.

Some other people with even other beliefs want you to free your inner immortal Thetan and join them in a the fight against an intergallactic emperor by signing a billion year contract.

Their "good news" doesn't keep you awake at night, why should your "good news" be any different?

• Haha
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
So what do you have faith in?

Nothing. I don't consider "faith" a virtue. I consider it gullibility.

Where is your help in times of trouble?

All around me: friends, family,... sometimes even strangers willing to help out.
And sometimes, there is nobody around and I'll just have to manage on my own.

Who do you thank for your food, the roof over your head and your every breath?

Not sure I follow.
Are you asking me who I should be thanking for my own accomplishments?

I guess I could say that I'm thankfull to my friends and family, who supported me both financially and mentally, to become the person I am today.

Without a proper education for example, I likely wouldn't have had the required skills and expertise to build my own software company from scratch, which in turn paid for the food on my table and the roof over my head. So sure: thanks mom and dad. But in the end, it's still me that had to do all the work and earn that money.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi
Of course family and friends are important. But they are merely human. They will let you down. It is human nature. The moment you die you begin eternity on your own. God is with you always.
You are taking what i say the wrong way. By accepting God you are accepting that he is our creater, he gives you your very breath!

So, in other words, you will call anything and everything "baseless" whenever it doesn't agree with your religious beliefs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh dear.
I wish you all the luck this world has to offer you.
I am not in a cult! I am involved in my own village church. I have a good life blessed by God. If i am deluded then you must conclude that millions of christians are also mistaken

Only millions?

I'm of the opinion that the more then 5 billion theists in the world, are mistaken.
What of it?

Including the very Queen of our country who is a deeply believing christian

EVEN THE QUEEN???!!

That's it... where can I sign up?

:rolleyes:

You must dismiss a lot of intelligent people as merely in a cult.

Just like you have to dismiss a lot of intelligent people for not being in a cult.
Intelligent people are quite capable of believing false things, you know...
Intelligent, doesn't mean infallible...

You will never find peace until you seek God.

You will never find peace until you rid yourself of the psychological and physical shackles of religion.

I can post such one liner statements as well, you know...

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your heart is hard so you are without joy and love

What a disturbing and terrible thing to say to someone.
How condescending, arrogant and insulting.

give some thought to my words please. Xx

Your words in the above quote, don't deserve a second more consideration then this reply - which was already to much credit.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What was untrue?
Oh you know, just the usual, that atheist are hard-hearted, have no joy or love in their lives and will receive their comeuppance when they die and suggesting that family cannot be relied on. She cannot possibly know any of those things, she cannot prove any of those things yet she still says them. That is what I mean when I say she is propagating untruths and why my criticism of what she says is justified, no matter where she says it!

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh you know, just the usual, that atheist are hard-hearted, have no joy or love in their lives and will receive their comeuppance when they die and suggesting that family cannot be relied on. She cannot possibly know any of those things, she cannot prove any of those things yet she still says them. That is what I mean when I say she is propagating untruths and why my criticism of what she says is justified, no matter where she says it!

Judging by your attitude on this thread, it seems she hit the nail on the head.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Judging by your attitude on this thread, it seems she hit the nail on the head.
Judging by your weak reply it would seem it wasn't the nail's head she hit, but yours. It would appear that you don't have any trouble with people making unsubstantiated statements about others which is hardly surprising as your whole belief system is something that has no evidence to prove it is true and if you have any concerns regarding my attitude of criticising people who state untruths about others, then I'm afraid you will just have to file those concerns under the heading, "Tough."

Upvote 0