✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh dear.
I wish you all the luck this world has to offer you.
I am not in a cult! I am involved in my own village church. I have a good life blessed by God. If i am deluded then you must conclude that millions of christians are also mistaken. Including the very Queen of our country who is a deeply believing christian. You must dismiss a lot of intelligent people as merely in a cult.

You will never find peace until you seek God.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh dear.
I am not in a cult! I am involved in my own village church. I have a good life blessed by God. If i am deluded then you must conclude that millions of christians are also mistaken. Including the very Queen of our country who is a deeply believing christian. You must dismiss a lot of intelligent people as merely in a cult.

Oh, but you do the same, surely? Do you not dismiss the claims of the Hindu? The Muslim? The Sikh? How about the Scientologist, the Mormons? If your claims are true, then theirs must be wrong, no..?

And beliefs aren’t related to intelligence....they’re based in emotion..

• Winner
Reactions: evoeth
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh dear.

I understand you really need to judge others the way you do, to help protect and ward off any deep inner doubts about your personal belief.

It isnt good enough for you to believe as you do, but you have to claim others are lost, if they dont believe as you do. Quite sad, really.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes i do dismiss all other religions.

Which include the other 2/3 of our species population and people of all levels of intelligence. Are you abandoning your ad populum now?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes i do dismiss all other religions. I am a christian. My absolute faith is in God the father, Lord Christ and Holy spirit.

Jesus Christ died for all of us. He is Lord.

And, 2/3 of the worlds population dismiss your religion.

I know, i know, they are all blind and doomed.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes i do dismiss all other religions. I am a christian. My absolute faith is in God the father, Lord Christ and Holy spirit.

And all others dismiss yours. And there are intelligent people, kings and queens, rich and poor, found on all ‘sides’.

To quote an overused aphorism, “you can’t all be right...but you could all be wrong”...

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where is your help in times of trouble?

Helpful people. Mostly I rely on myself.

Who do you thank for your food

Farmers, and everyone helping to package and deliver food along the supply chain.

the roof over your head

Construction workers, engineers, architects, mathematicians.

and your every breath?

My parents, who made my breath possible. My own life-sustaining actions.

When a person receives Jesus, their life changes.

My life has changed when accepting different ideas and values, or when presented with new opportunities, or when crossing a psychological threshold while aging. This is unsurprising. I'm not sure why a change of life should indicate the existence of a universe-creating super being.

Of course family and friends are important. But they are merely human. They will let you down. It is human nature.

Yes, so? There are no guarantees in life. Life doesn't owe anyone anything. It strikes me as a sign of adulthood to understand and accept that.

I personally have found that accepting that brings me the peace to accept hardship. Acceptance of misfortune allows me to bounce back from hardship without the trap of attempting to deceive myself about the hard edges of life, and to pretend that everything has to be perfect when it clearly is not. Acceptance also allows me to make the most of a bad situation and to take positive action.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I see you have run away and started a new thread berating the big bad atheists for not opening their hearts to Jesus and that they will get what's coming to them in the end. You can't take it anymore, this arguing with atheists you say and it has been too much for you because you believe you are weak and unable to put your message across.
But you have put your message across and it is that message which probably makes people say, no thanks, I don't want to become someone who feels weak and unworthy, I don't want to have low self-esteem and believe that family are people who will only let you down. You say you depend on Jesus every day to get you through your life. Well he seems to have let you down rather badly here, so perhaps you might do better if you rely on more earthly help in future, like family for one!

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I see you have run away and started a new thread berating the big bad atheists for not opening their hearts to Jesus and that they will get what's coming to them in the end. You can't take it anymore, this arguing with atheists you say and it has been too much for you because you believe you are weak and unable to put your message across.
But you have put your message across and it is that message which probably makes people say, no thanks, I don't want to become someone who feels weak and unworthy, I don't want to have low self-esteem and believe that family are people who will only let you down. You say you depend on Jesus every day to get you through your life. Well he seems to have let you down rather badly here, so perhaps you might do better if you rely on more earthly help in future, like family for one!

When i am weak i am strong in Christ. Nobody can shake my faith. I hope one day you will understand.
Your heart is hard so you are without joy and love which is granted to every soul who gives their life to Christ.
Have a good day, give some thought to my words please. Xx

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see you have run away and started a new thread berating the big bad atheists for not opening their hearts to Jesus and that they will get what's coming to them in the end.

What, are you stalking her now or something? Don't be a creep.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When i am weak i am strong in Christ. Nobody can shake my faith. I hope one day you will understand.
Your heart is hard so you are without joy and love which is granted to every soul who gives their life to Christ.
Have a good day, give some thought to my words please. Xx

LIke some others on this site, your personal need to negatively judge others, who disagree with your personal faith belief, is a big clue as to your motivation to do so.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is mind reading over the internet something your religion teaches or did you come by it yourself?

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What, are you stalking her now or something? Don't be a creep.
What's your problem? Since when has expressing one's opinion been called stalking? I can only imagine that you are one of those Christians who when someone is critical of the way they present their faith they then play the victim card. If Lilly54 and other Christians can be critical of the way non-believers live their lives, then I reserve the right to be critical of theirs. She has every right to say whatever she wishes to say, but she doesn't have the right not to be criticised for what she says. That goes for you too and for me and anyone else who posts here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's your problem? Since when has expressing one's opinion been called stalking? I can only imagine that you are one of those Christians who when someone is critical of the way they present their faith they then play the victim card. If Lilly54 and other Christians can be critical of the way non-believers live their lives, then I reserve the right to be critical of theirs. She has every right to say whatever she wishes to say, but she doesn't have the right not to be criticised for what she says. That goes for you too and for me and anyone else who posts here!

You're tracking her activity and calling her out for posting a thread in a different forum. I call that stalking.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're tracking her activity and calling her out for posting a thread in a different forum. I call that stalking.
You are wrong once again. I was browsing the new threads column and noticed she had started a new thread and as I had already been in correspondence with her I was curious to see what she had said and responded to that. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but that's what people do on forums such as this, so now you know you can put your "Christians are victims" banner away for another day, it will do your arms good to give them a rest!

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you are an atheist and your goal is to goad and try to wind people up then surely you should ask yourself some questions. About motivation. As christians our goal is to spread the good news of Jesus, message of love and right living. We have no other reason. We don't want anything from anyone. This life is short but eternity awaits us all. It is vital to think about your soul's destination. We want everyone to go to the light of eternal life through Christ. The alternative is too terrible for words.
That is my opinion. It comes from a position of love.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are wrong once again. I was browsing the new threads column and noticed she had started a new thread and as I had already been in correspondence with her I was curious to see what she had said and responded to that. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but that's what people do on forums such as this, so now you know you can put your "Christians are victims" banner away for another day, it will do your arms good to give them a rest!

So you harass her over a thread she made in another part of the forum that you had no business commenting on.

Upvote 0