Texas
✟1,669.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So I am pretty big in the creation/evolution debate and 1 thing I see a lot is a creationist using an argument, have that argument proven wrong (no transitional fossils for example) but then trying to use the argument again in another thread. As a Christian, what point does this become bearing false witness?

Creationism is a law unto itself, creationism can and must be protected with what ever it takes,
to a creationist, sin is not an issue, if you are defending creationism it's not a sin,
lies are OK if the lies defend creationism, the book is everything, so do whatever it takes,
creationists are lying to themselves anyway so lying for Jesus is perfectly acceptable,
for them, two wrongs make one right, creationism being the right one.

Reactions: seeker777
Upvote 0

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Considering that they believ themselves to be telling the truth, and that the world (God's creation, and thus by extension, God himself) is lying to them in order to test their faith, I don't think they will admit to creationism being "bearing false witness."

How they rationalize worshiping a deceitful god I don't know.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I am pretty big in the creation/evolution debate and 1 thing I see a lot is a creationist using an argument, have that argument proven wrong (no transitional fossils for example) but then trying to use the argument again in another thread. As a Christian, what point does this become bearing false witness?
Transitional fossils have NOTHING to do with Creationism. Even Evolutionists don't believe they appeared in the first six days of the universe's existence; nor do Atheists; nor do scientists.

Upvote 0

BananaSlug

Life is an experiment, experience it!
Aug 26, 2005
In a House
✟10,782.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Many creationists do not have any inkling of any sort in the realm of science. Arguments against evolution range from using the Second Law of Thermodynamics to quote mining. I think quote mining is the most despicable of the arguments they use. There are three explanations to explain the mining of quotes:
1. Not reading thoroughly.
2. Not checking the original source of the quote.
3. Outright false witness- some mined quotes are so obvious it is hard to chalk it up to an accident...

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many creationists do not have any inkling of any sort in the realm of science.
That's because the Creation had nothing to do with science. In fact, science hadn't even been created yet.

Think about it --- if you define science as the observation of the natural universe, then science didn't even come about until Day Six, with Adam - (unless you claim the angels engaged in science before that).

Creationists, in my opinion, need to suspend science when it comes to debating Creationism; no matter how educated they are.

Upvote 0

RobertByers

Feb 26, 2008
✟15,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are no transitional fossils.
In fact this is a major problem for evolution.
Evolution must should great numbers of transitions for even one line of something.
No cheap pinpricks of fossils and pronouncements of transitions.
A transition must have many transitions beside it to verify its a transition and not just a creature adapted to its world with bits and pieces coincedentaly different creatures have.
Evolution has tried to go cheap on transitions when its great claims need them by the heap.

Upvote 0
Evolution must should great numbers of transitions for even one line of something.
A transition must have many transitions beside it to verify its a transition and not just a creature adapted to its world with bits and pieces coincedentaly different creatures have.
Evolution has tried to go cheap on transitions when its great claims need them by the heap.
You are the only one in touch with the truth Robert, God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DrunkenWrestler

Eat your Wheaties and know your logical fallacies.
Dec 20, 2003
$1 reject store
✟10,355.00
Faith
Atheist
Creationism isn't too different from any other superstition that exists in the world today. When an astrological reading fails, or when a homeopathic remedy doesn't work, or when a dowsing rod doesn't find water, the practitioners don't try to figure out what went wrong. They just move on to the next customer.

A silly thing like a flawed argument shouldn't stop a creationist from spreading the Truth(tm) right?

Upvote 0

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Considering how many times RobertByers has been educated by the forumgoers here about transitionals, and he still says the exact same thing about them, he probably makes a prefect case study.

So, does RB actually believe his statements, (making him wrong, but not dishonest); does he know the evidence is against him and is refusing to accept it, either by making excuses for God or blaming it on the Evil Evolution Conspiracy (making him delusional, but not dishonest); or does he deliberately choose to say something that he knows is a false representation of evolution (making him dishonest)?

Upvote 0

Danyc

Nov 2, 2007
✟9,970.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single

lol

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
Considering how many times RobertByers has been educated by the forumgoers here about transitionals, and he still says the exact same thing about them, he probably makes a prefect case study.

So, does RB actually believe his statements, (making him wrong, but not dishonest); does he know the evidence is against him and is refusing to accept it, either by making excuses for God or blaming it on the Evil Evolution Conspiracy (making him delusional, but not dishonest); or does he deliberately choose to say something that he knows is a false representation of evolution (making him dishonest)?
I think it's all a matter of necessary denial. Any and all evidence that goes against creationism is, by default, bad evidence and doesn't merit further consideration. End of story. There may be attempts to set the evolutionist straight, speaking to evolutionist arguments, but it's never done honestly, that is, with an open AND fair mind. Evolutionary evidence first receives an "It can't be true" stamp.
This would be amusing if it didn't impact so many people---half the population in the USA---and deprive them of a significant understanding of our world. But as with many forms of ignorance, if it doesn't impact their lives in any recognizable way, it becomes a matter of, "So what?" "So what that I'm closed minded and don't know the specifics of what I'm against. It's enough to know that the people I respect (my preacher and such) are agin' it, even if they don't know the specifics either. I've picked a religion that feels good to me, so whatever it says must be right. Excuse me now, I've got a dead squirrel that needs skinnin'"

Reactions: Split Rock
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
[derail] We did know it. Read the writings of Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine, Alexander Pope, Voltaire, etc. All these people lived under a theocratic dictator (King of England, King of France, respectively) and knew full well what kind of power abuses theocracy produced. I suppose it was just dumb luck that the establishment clause is the 1st ammendment to the US Constitution? Of course, that doesn't mean the majority knew it. [/derail]

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We worried about the Russians for years, little did we know that it was religion that was the real enemy of freedom.
And we thank you for giving us the Christian's Magna Charta ---

d030802.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
are those pictures necessary T.T
i see you do that all the time

just sayin'

it's like

they're not even links

why can't you just write "The Book of Galatians"
A picture is worth a thousand words --- I just don't have the time to type them all.

Upvote 0