small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Rich elitists do not die for their country; they send people like me and my kids to do the dying for them. That is true for both sides.

The ones who call the shots won't be among the dead and lame.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I am so sorry about you family’s losses. I hope nothing I’ve said has hurt or offended you. Too many lives are lost or harmed in unnecessary military actions. And every service member has loved ones the are also affected.

No, not at all, and thanks.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The arrangement the Church had with the Government was the boys could go on missions but when they got back they were still eligible for the draft.

My husband was like Romney, he went on a mission to the Philippines in 1970. When he got back his draft number was above 300 so he never got called, his Dad was mailman certainly not part of the elite. When we got married in 73 he had a collage deferment but they were never going to draft him, skinny little kid. They'd take one look and laugh him right out of line.

My sister had a boyfriend who went to Germany on his mission in 68, he had a draft number so low he enlisted in the army as a Chaplin. He went to Vietnam.

Then there is my neighbor across the street who never went on a mission, he enlisted in the Marines, he is a real hero with a purple heart, he suffers from PTSD.

Thank you to all of you who have served.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0