• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

At least he was vocal about it

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by rambot, Sep 27, 2021.

1. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+8,794
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,005
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I would vote for Trump in a heartbeat, but if I was this guy's boss I'd fire him. It's not his job to decide where he will and where he won't deliver. He will deliver where he is sent to deliver, or find another job.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Davorah

Davorah Ora et Labora

+92
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    There's a chance you called that one right. Article mentions he's not on the FedEx payroll any longer. FedEx won't comment if it's a firing or a voluntary resignation, however the driver says it's voluntary. My thought it's six one way, half a dozen the other.

4. newwaytobehuman

newwaytobehuman Member

+65
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I hope this guy doesn't call himself a Christian

5. newwaytobehuman

newwaytobehuman Member

+65
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Republicanism does not equal Christianity anymore than democratism does

6. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+20,350
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
  7. cow451

cow451 The Most Interesting Poster in the Forum Supporter

+20,350
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Ok, you’re batting .500.

8. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+8,043
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    It's a bizarre phenomenon. I've seen multiple examples of teachers flaunting their blatant disregard of ethics by pushing their political views onto students....and bragging about it on Tik Tok.

Fortunately, they've been getting fired for it.

I think we're starting to see similar effects on the cancel culture idiots. If you cost someone their job by making ridiculous accusations....you should be able to sue you into poverty. Perhaps if that happens enough we can see an end to this nonsense.

9. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,236
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    That's we we've been hoping Kapernick would do this entire time.

10. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Back before the Ex-president pressured the NFL to fire him, he played in every game he attended. Wasn't playing football his job?

11. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    If Donald still had Twitter privileges, he might have tweeted his support for the driver... Then we'd see that batting average go down.

12. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,005
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    You still don't get the donald.

13. 98cwitr

+3,236
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    In the quoted post I replied to, there were two conditions, rather than just one.

14. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,741
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Personally, I'd rather have a driver refuse to deliver something than have him mark it delivered and leave it somewhere other than my house.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    I still don't want him.

16. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Indeed -- and Kaepernick kneeled silently, thus fulfilling both conditions.

Why then do you find him so objectionable?

17. 98cwitr

+3,236
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Actions speak louder than words, whether it's disrespectfully kneeling or disrespectfully failing to deliver packages.

18. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    Ah... As soon as Kaepernick fulfills your demands, you redefine them so that he fails. Such behavior was quite common in the American South... especially during election years.

Because kneeling is almost universally regarded as a sign of respect, not disrespect. As Kaepernick has shown a respectful gesture towards the National Anthem, now you want him to show respect to you... through obedience.

19. Brihaha

Brihaha Active Member

+417
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Unbridled passion is usually counterproductive and dangerous. Especially passions of a political nature. I like being inspired by a passionate preacher or singer. But unhinged delivery drivers are certainly a liability. Maybe the folks who put political signs in their yards are a bit too passionate also. In today's climate that is an invitation for battle it seems.

20. TLK Valentine

+27,405
    Agnostic
    Single
    This has nothing to do with passion, this is about a "delivery" driver who refused to deliver.

Do your job or get fired and replaced by someone who will do it for you.