At least 9 dead, 26 injured in mass shooting in downtown Dayton, Ohio

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,773.00
Faith
Christian
I'm guessing that today there are more guns but in fewer hands. In the past almost everyone had a gun of some kind, so there was actually more 'saturation'. :eek:

The irony is even under strict gun laws you could have your 1950s nostalgia scenario with little issue - people aren't shooting up schools with bolt action 22s and shotguns

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except that that right is granted by the second amendment.
leave the second amendment alone. just ban semi-automatics and restrict handguns. If someone whats to stockpile weapons let them do so with rifles and shotguns.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An even bigger problem is racists.

Charges of racism is often a convenient excuse for failure or a ploy to get something you didn't work for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. Now we can feel better about only two mass shootings this week.

RICO has been used just as with other organized crime. But the Constitution doesn’t allow incarceration on the basis of tattoos and peer groups.

I was under the impression that drug gangs conspire to sell illegal drugs. That's racketeering.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you go through basic training in the military? It has more to do with discipline then anything else.

Went through train fire tests 3 times; Expert twice, Sharpshooter once (I was cheated out of Expert).

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Went through train fire tests 3 times; Expert twice, Sharpshooter once (I was cheated out of Expert).

I had to request to shoot twice for score.

The first time, I keyholed several rounds that got scored as misses. So I shot again and carefully drew a circle.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had to request to shoot twice for score.

The first time, I keyholed several rounds that got scored as misses. So I shot again and carefully drew a circle.

When I first tested in basic the close targets were so shot up that the instructors told us to shoot into the ground in front of them to scatter dirt on them so they would go down. This didn't work. I lost at least 2 or 3 points doing this and several more trying in vain to hit what remained of the targets. Cost me a weekend pass and an Experts medal. I never got over my anger at the army over that, among other incredibly stupid things they did. How freaking expensive is it to replace a cardboard target.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We already have that right. "Earning" it is an infringement.
I do not agree with the Supreme courts concept of what a well trained militia is. None of the Supreme Court Justices has battle experience. Even though military law, and constitutional law involving military issues, are often before the justices. They are clearly not qualified to decide a lot of these issues.

None of the Supreme Court Justices Has Battle Experience

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I first tested in basic the close targets were so shot up that the instructors told us to shoot into the ground in front of them to scatter dirt on them so they would go down. This didn't work. I lost at least 2 or 3 points doing this and several more trying in vain to hit what remained of the targets. Cost me a weekend pass and an Experts medal. I never got over my anger at the army over that, among other incredibly stupid things they did. How freaking expensive is it to replace a cardboard target.
Well, we gotta build that wall, you know.

• Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a sharp shooter rating. I have airsoft pistols I can hit a bird or squirrel 100 feet way just pointing and not actually aiming. Of course a sharp shooter using the sights is 300 meters.

A lot of these idiots with guns shooting people would never get though proper training. They would either wash out or end up in the hospital when their fellow soldiers turned against them for being idiots. If someone was trained they could do a lot of damage. Timothy James McVeigh killed 168 people and injured over 680 others. (American domestic terrorist who perpetrated the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have a sharp shooter rating. I have airsoft pistols I can hit a bird or squirrel 100 feet way just pointing and not actually aiming. Of course a sharp shooter using the sights is 300 meters.

A lot of these idiots with guns shooting people would never get though proper training. They would either wash out or end up in the hospital when their fellow soldiers turned against them for being idiots. If someone was trained they could do a lot of damage. Timothy James McVeigh killed 168 people and injured over 680 others. (American domestic terrorist who perpetrated the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing)

We had targets at max 250 meters. You could barely see them much less hit them. ^_^

• Informative
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We had targets at max 250 meters. You could barely see them much less hit them. ^_^
Yeah, they said I had 20-30 vision and they gave me glasses to see the target. I am 67 and I still have never wore glasses for long distance. Even I have to get my drivers licence renewed my vision is good enough to pass that test.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, they said I had 20-30 vision and they gave me glasses to see the target. I am 67 and I still have never wore glasses for long distance. Even I have to get my drivers licence renewed my vision is good enough to pass that test.

I had 20/20 vision and I still couldn't see them well enough to hit them. In combat you don't aim at that distance anyway unless you're a sniper. You just "spray and pray".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All rights and i mean all rights, have restrictions.

A reasonable restriction isn't an infringement.

What's happening here is that our leaders are trying to frame us for a crime that hasn't happened.

• Agree
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Seeing reports that the shooter's sister and possibly her boyfriend were among the victims.

Although there is no evidence at this time that the shooter knew, new reports are that his sibling identified as a trans man.

According to media reports, Cofer, 22, was the sibling of shooting suspect Connor Betts, and was the first victim in the mass shooting in Dayton’s Oregon district that left nine dead and 27 wounded. It appears that Cofer was out as a trans man to only a handful of people, and there is no indication at this time that his gender identity was a motivating factor in his death.

Upvote 0